It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Makes Record $46.1 Billion Profit in 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
What I find most interesting is that they declare a profit but that is all generated internally, isn't it? I mean, the Fed will NOT be audited, so we do not know how they cook the books. I have heard all sorts of accusations that the Fed has purchased something around 80% of US Bonds in 2009.

That could be rumor, but the fact remains that this number could be pulled out of thin air (just like Federal Reserve Notes) and there is nothing we can do about it but take their word for it.

At least the Fed is not asking for a bailout. lol.

I think that is true, i red stories about hedgefunds in the Caribbean which are actually a cover for the FED, this way they buy US bonds to finance the US deficit.Needless to say the FED made it so the US governments can not control these hedgefunds neither punish it.All out of thin air.
This is all very strange indeed cause a hedgefund should have no reasonable/profitable bussiness buying bonds, looking at the terms of paying back,,

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Bank of England has made $20 billion profit and you know what will REALLY make our American members very mad.

$120 million in corporate bonds too, profit, for the Bank of England - which includes the failed Detroit General Motors. That's right, BoE has been shopping and making a profit from the US taxpayer too.

After all, Bank of England does not pay tax in the United States

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Any sources for this information. BoE usually posts around the £400Million profit mark, £20Billion thats a huge jump. Appreicated as interested in this ?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by queuepolitely

Times reported this but another, believe it was the Mail, reported $20 billion. Since the financial crisis, the Bank of England has made nearly £10 billion (from the first bail outs)...

Due to the success, the Bank of England is going to continue purchasing corporate paper. You would, too, if you made $120 million

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
thanks for the post, amazing isn't it.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.

"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith (1908- ), former professor of economics at Harvard, writing in 'Money: Whence it came, where it went' (1975).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join