It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Makes Record $46.1 Billion Profit in 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Federal Reserve Makes Record $46.1 Billion Profit in 2009

www.foxnews.com

The Federal Reserve says it made a record profit of $46.1 billion last year as the central bank made money off its extraordinary efforts to rescue the country from the worst economic and financial crisis since the 1930s.

The Fed says the bigger profit was primarily due to increased income from the securities it held last year
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm no Economics expert, but I find this story is no surprise, and very sickening to say the least.

so people are struggling all over the globe just now, companies closing, losing jobs, losing savings, yet the Fed boasts a record breaking, whopping profit of $46.1 billion !!!

just goes to show who the winners and losers really are in our world.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What I find most interesting is that they declare a profit but that is all generated internally, isn't it? I mean, the Fed will NOT be audited, so we do not know how they cook the books. I have heard all sorts of accusations that the Fed has purchased something around 80% of US Bonds in 2009.

That could be rumor, but the fact remains that this number could be pulled out of thin air (just like Federal Reserve Notes) and there is nothing we can do about it but take their word for it.

At least the Fed is not asking for a bailout. lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Uhh..

You do know that in order to create money, so the people can spend, so that we can pull out of recession is to buy bonds, right?

And who cares if they made money, GOOD!! It sure is better than borrowing. Despite what many people think, the government isn't a charity.

As for the comment about people being out of work or homeless - well better planning for the future on the part of the individual would have prevented that. No one forced Americans to buy homes they couldn't afford - which is how this mess started. You can't expect others to think for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Another Headline intent on getting attention and selling advertising spots, without actually saying anything!

This actually means "WE" made a profit on our money! All the Fed money goes back to the Treasury department just like our taxes do! This is money that we won't have to make up in extra taxes!

After covering its expenses, the Fed gives what is left over to the Treasury Department.

Yes. They money is generated internally. They bought their own bonds, and they bought REIT and debts from Freddie and Fannie!

The Fed says the bigger profit was primarily due to increased income from the securities it held last year.

Such income went up as the Fed's holdings of securities mushroomed.

The Fed launched several securities-buying programs last year to help revive the economy. Its goal is to drive down rates on mortgages and other consumer debt.

HEADLINES AND SOUND BITES ARE USELESS!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If you look at the big picture, that's good news.

As the U.S. economy goes, so go the economies of most of the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
Uhh..

You do know that in order to create money, so the people can spend, so that we can pull out of recession is to buy bonds, right?

And who cares if they made money, GOOD!! It sure is better than borrowing. Despite what many people think, the government isn't a charity.

As for the comment about people being out of work or homeless - well better planning for the future on the part of the individual would have prevented that. No one forced Americans to buy homes they couldn't afford - which is how this mess started. You can't expect others to think for you.

Howdy crisko
I tend to disagree. The fed can and does create money without the need for bonds. Frequently when the public offering falls short the FRB will buy the balance. I always find it interesting that people claim China owns us, when in fact the majority of OUR debt is owned by the FRB. I'll be the first to admit I don't know that much about the inner workings of the FRB. I doubt anyone knows what is going on. Economists are an odd bunch. About as conflicted as psychologists, not much of a science. I put zero faith in economists and minus zero faith the the FRB. Having corresponded with the FRB prior to e-mail, they are fearless in telling one exactly how they are screwing the United States. I've posted paragraphs on the scams being run by these SOBs. One example they will tell you is when money "cash" is lent to OUR gov it is lent at face value plus prime and by law the debt incurred by the federal government must be collateralized
The primary method are Gold certificates issued on OUR gold reserves. There are several alternative options. Per the fed they purchase varies denomination for about seven cents per note. 2-$20s 2-$1s = $42 28 cents invested in printing. lent at face value of $42. Our Gold stores are pegged at $42 per oz. The FRB gets claim to 1 oz of gold as collateral for the original loan + interest on the $42. I focus on this ONE issue to illustrate the disturbing nature of their methods. The macro economics can be debated by varies schools of economists. The fundamental issue of the FRB acting in secret. The claimed audits exempt many very important areas. Any money left over goes back to the treasury. This however in NO WAY assists us with the original debt. People joke about Austrian Eco. The FRBs take their accumulation of huge amounts of OUR gold very very seriously. I can not believe that anyone who honestly attempts to communicate
with the FRB and associated criminals IMF ect. Can not walk away knowing, without question ,that their collective interest lies with THEM not us or the world economy.
I also strongly disagree with " this is how this whole mess started " People buying houses they could not afford ? To the best of my knowledge ( Limited ) it had little to do with homes, but the packaging and insuring of huge blocks of mortgages. Repackaged and offered as SOMETHING that would produce return on a made up nonexistent % of something. Banks did it, not us. If these alleged investment instruments had any inherent value they would of kept them. NOPE ! unloaded that oh so valuable mystery paper on to us. To large to fail LOL, bend over America. the FRB along with Geithner Paulson and Bernanke led the charge to save their buddies. So if you're still in the mood. Tell everyone what a good job the FRB has been doing. Screwing America since 1913 and damn proud of it. But hey only they know what goes on behind the curtain and they ain't tellin. HR 1207 would sure help. Cheers

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Ahhhh dude they aren't the GOVERNMENT ..... they make money from loaning money to the government ....

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Who cares if the government make money? Probably nobody... but the federal reserve is no more federal than the federal express.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Federal Reserve profit is supposed to be deposited back into the Treasury, how will we find out if that ever really happens?

This is all a scam anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sloppy

I hate it when I can't expand my respsone to two sentances, especially when it's just one word: WRONG.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Federal Reserve profit is supposed to be deposited back into the Treasury, how will we find out if that ever really happens?

This is all a scam anyway.

The information is available on government sites if you looked.

Proof to you declaration it's a scam? Would like to see some links.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog
Stuff

Hi dazbog,

I will be responding to this soon enough. Just finished off a date (Mascato and guado cheese, the woman was okay, but the cheese was great).

The format of your post is hard to process for me currently, I will get back to you!

I promise.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by crisko]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Ignorance such as your demonstrating here is the exact reason we are in the mess we are in and there is such conginitve disonance, divide and conquer is so easy when there is such ignorance in the world.

The idea that folk who tried to do the basic minimum off owning thier own homes are to blame while the predatory financial whizzes who create investment vechicles that ultimatlely cost you as a tax payer money run off to the hills sott free with the millions they skimmed from the people less fortunate than perhaps yourself is both immature and bore from the knowledge of watching to much Fox news. The Banks created the housing bubble, drove prices sky high and at the same time created lucrative lending polices for those that should never have been let money in the first place, as an American, I would have thought you would be praising all the Sub-Prime house owners who saw an oppurtunity to make money in a housing market that had previously been denied to them. Anyway....

The FED has more ways of generating money than just bonds. There is also reserve requirments adjustments and Open Market Operations. Reserve adjustments is a scam, read up on Fractional reserve banking.

"And who cares if they made money, GOOD!! It sure is better than borrowing. Despite what many people think, the government isn't a charity" The government borrows all its money and repays interest on everything. You pay the Government Tax which it uses to pay back the money it borrows from its budget on Bond interests. The Governments not a charity.........you are my friend.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There's no limit to the profit you can make when you can literally print money out of thin air. Then you can bail out some companies who can use all of it for bonuses...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Feds profit will mean nothing for the poor. It will only mean the Top Dogs will be having a better Xmas dinner next year.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Ooops, I didn't search for this thread first, i was busy multitasking and forgot.

Anyways thanks for directing me to your thread, i was getn burnned anyways

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve is owned by private banks.

Federal Reserve posts huge profits during a time when the economy crashes.

These private banks wouldn't have orchestrated this whole thing just to make money, would they?

Follow they money....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

No worries man. I do it all the time myself.

thanks for the contribution!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

Originally posted by dazbog
Stuff

Hi dazbog,

I will be responding to this soon enough. Just finished off a date (Mascato and guado cheese, the woman was okay, but the cheese was great).

The format of your post is hard to process for me currently, I will get back to you!

I promise.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by crisko]

Howdy Cisko
I apologize for the format. I have a proclivity for unrestrained temper tantrums when
discussing the idiosyncrasies of the FRB. I can clarify the parts that seem somewhat confusing or the apparent disconnected train of thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join