It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near-Death Experiences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I'll cut right to the chase. I served in the military for over 20 years of my life, specifically I was a Navy SEAL. I have had a handful of encounters where I almost died, and knew I almost died/could die while they were happening. How come I've never had a "NDE"? Any thoughts are welcome!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
NDE's usually occur when someone is unconscious, and on the threshold of death..... or when someone is actually dead, and brought back to life.

As close as you were to " death" , ... you probably werent that close, ... and you knew that, on some level.

However there are ways to get out of your body without nearly killing it.... and you can do so while fully conscious, as I, and many others have done. Check out information on Out of body experiences.

However it is only possible, ...... if you believe it is.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I suppose I haven't been in the correct circumstances, such as the one's you've listed.

I've had three bullet wounds in my career, but none of which I thought would kill me. I've also never been really on the verge of death, but I have had experiences where I thought to myself, "I'm going to die."

Example 1: During a paradrop; my main chute didn't eject properly and I had to detach it, and then my second chute was jammed and wouldn't open, and for about 1500ft I thought I was going to die for sure until I finally yanked it open.

Example 2: I watched an RPG head straight towards me and my squad, it luckily missed my and my fellow shooter's head by literally inches and exploded a safe distance behind us.

I have others, but none that I really feel like sharing.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Yeah, I was almost hit by a train, literally right next to my face going 120 mph(estimate) and nothing!

Pretty scary though. heart was racing and i was really hyped up.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I had a heart attack and I saw the white light.

Then everything went black and I woke up in the nurses office about a hundred feet away.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sealteamsix

Maybe you killed too many innocent people and your soul is not welcome to st peters gate.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gusan

Though it was a nice try to provoke me into arguing about who I killed and why, it won't work. You know nothing about me or what I've done or who I've killed and who I haven't killed. Go back to school.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
As I understand it to experience a near death experience you have to be under massive physical stress.

The stress can come in the form of a heart attack, a stroke or a severe injury that throws the human mind out of kilter with the surrounding environment or reality a person assumes is all there is because to all intents and purposes that is all there is. Of course this perception changes the moment one is severely injured and the body is flooded with natural anaesthesia and this could actually be the cause of the near death experience?

For myself I was badly injured as a British soldier many years ago (rather not get into specifics) and I did experience a powerful near death, and it was amazing. To this day I have no fear of dying just the manner in which I go – feet first into a wood chipper set to slow would not be good.

My experience was filled with blackness, I floated in an abyssal deep just under the surface of a frozen ground and I could actually sense/perceive my body lying motionless above me. Below me was infinity of inky warmth like the most awesome of all blankets.

I remember wanting to die and was happy to go but a soldier came to my aid (curses) and I was brought back in incremental steps with slaps to my face and vicious pinching of my right ear– and lots of swearing.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gusan

Dude that was mean and uncalled for you have no idea what that man was doing during that time or in his line of work.

That people are willing to join the armed forces and willing to die not for themselves but for a country or other people is the greatest sacrifce a man/woman can make. If you want to blame anyone for the inocents that die go say that to the people that run the countries that start the wars.

Its old men that send young men to die sometimes for nothing more than power and money.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan

Maybe you killed too many innocent people and your soul is not welcome to st peters gate.

Originally posted by sealteamsix
reply to post by gusan

Though it was a nice try to provoke me into arguing about who I killed and why, it won't work. You know nothing about me or what I've done or who I've killed and who I haven't killed. Go back to school.

I try to practise Astral Projection nightly and it opened up my eyes to the possibility of an 'afterlife', but as for your experiences ST6 I don't think you were going to die, sure you were in danger of dying but either chance, luck or the will of the Gods whatever you were lucky enough not to, it doesn't matter who you kill or why IMO, or whether or not your welcome at the pearly gates , I think to have a real near death experience your body has to undergo a serious injury or trauma, i.e really bad car accident , failed surgery, and your life forces expires enough for your consciousness to leave your body , but then either through medical help or force of will , you get back into your body.
Killing people ( not that I've done it myself ) is the same as any other life experience, meeting people , interacting with them, having an affair, having children , everything we do is classed as a life experience, it makes us who we are today. There is no right and wrong in killing people its simply the way you live your life during and after, if you enjoy killing people and go out of your way to inflict harm , then maybe you wouldn't have a good afterlife, if you killed to protect someone, family etc, then it may be a good afterlife, I ,IMO believe that you make your own afterlife, and how you live your life affects its outcome.
Sounds a bit wishy washy doesn't it?, someone saying you've killed so you wont have one is a bit much.
A NDE depends on the current situation, being in a dangerous environment will not give a NDE. But actually dying then 'coming' back is one, why would you want a NDE anyway? I heard that upto 700 Americans have a NDE every day, I think trying to force one may result in your actual death with no coming back

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I was a Navy SEAL. I have had a handful of encounters where I almost died, and knew I almost died/could die while they were happening. How come I've never had a "NDE"?

Typically, visionary experiences, not just the "near death" ones, happen in conditions of mental passivity. You were trained not to go passive in the face of what, for someone untrained, would probably be overwhelming circumstances.

Your training worked. Good. It was expensive for both of us
. And, no smiley, thank you for your service.

If you are interested in having visionary experiences, then there are easier ways to have them than to waltz with death.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I admit that thought started as a cheap joke, but then i understood i meant it.
I dont know you thats right, i really hope you are not one of those army guys that has killed (for sallary) a lot of people in name of democracy and freedom.
About NDE you maybe never came close enough? I dont think everyone is guaranteed to have such experience either. So my opinion is that just because you did not have a NDE it does not mean life after death does not exist. On the contrary, surely most of people that has been near to death has no memmory at all, yet some do have them.

There is an ongoing experiment run by some dr in a hospital, they have lots of pictures above the room so they cant be seen by normal high people and they intent to ask NDE persons if they saw this pictures from "above". Anywere we could find some new info on this?

Best regards

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Yes i admit it. My bad and i apology...spell? Without going in to politics, this is not the OP intention with thisthread. So man sorry i dont want to hurt any one.
Sorry forgive me.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
forums.randi.org...

link to experiment

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan

I admit that thought started as a cheap joke, but then i understood i meant it.
I dont know you thats right, i really hope you are not one of those army guys that has killed (for sallary) a lot of people in name of democracy and freedom.

Trust me, I was in the military for over 20 years. No one stays there that long because they want a good salary
There are many jobs I could have had right here in the states that would have tripled my pay, but they don't interest me. And I killed no one in the "name of democracy and freedom." I'm not blind, I know what I was sent to do. A majority of the people I was sent to kill (however, more of my missions had me doing surveillance or capture, not assassinations) were leaders of different terrorist cells or militia groups. These people terrorized civilians more than you can imagine. Murder, rape, and stealing were everyday things for these men. I killed no one, in my opinion, who didn't have it coming to them.

Thanks, everyone for all the responses. I think the general consensus is that although I felt I was going to die, I wasn't in enough physical trauma to have a NDE. That makes a lot of sense, I definitely understand now.

DataWraith and eight bits, I assure you I have no intentions of trying to provoke an NDE, I was simply wondering why I never had one
Trust me eight bits, your tax dollars are being spent on MUCH more expensive things than my training, but hey, I paid for it too right?

Sounds like a very cool phenomenon though!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

My advice if you want to have something similar to a NDE is to learn how to Astral Project, there are lots of pages on the WWW on how to, even here on ATS there are pointers, its all similar to an NDE, just without the pain and mess.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The reason why people see the light during a NDE is because they are in a state of euphoria from a chemical that's released from the brain called '___' (Dimethyltryptamine). Why you didn't experience this phenomena is beyond me, but maybe you really weren't in any danger to begin with.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits

I was a Navy SEAL. I have had a handful of encounters where I almost died, and knew I almost died/could die while they were happening. How come I've never had a "NDE"?

Typically, visionary experiences, not just the "near death" ones, happen in conditions of mental passivity. You were trained not to go passive in the face of what, for someone untrained, would probably be overwhelming circumstances.

Your training worked. Good. It was expensive for both of us
. And, no smiley, thank you for your service.

If you are interested in having visionary experiences, then there are easier ways to have them than to waltz with death.

Ive had a near death experience.

I believe I went through one. I grew up with lots of conflict and sadness and then at about 14 things got really bad with fighting, drug abuse, emotional trauma, bad diagnosis of medicine, uppers and downers, pulvinary respitory syndrome, heart- murmurs, mental disorders, and found a cyst in my brain which pretty much put the topping on the cake. I lost all motivation to live, went for 30 days without eating ( drank water ... thats all ... seriously..) after that I ate rarely.. went from 245 to 146 lbs in less than 2 months.

the first few months I heard things, would see massive visual distortions, black things appearing in my rooms, feeling of being haunted and impending doom, I could see colors on people which would change according to mood.. I was so out of it that I saw the colors on peoples faces and I would think that it was just normal.. well not normal.. I just didnt give a #. went through a massive depression for about 3 years, ended up having a 2 minor stokes, quite a few panic attacks, loss of consciousness, blackouts.
a very very horrible experience.. I ended up going in a meditative state for 2 years where I almost lost the ability to speak properly.. developed a new way of thinking..
anyways through the whole decline I could feel myself slowly die.. I didnt care about anything but what I wanted to do.. and I couldnt do anything.. .so I would wakeup and try to watch tv.. but I didnt even want to turn it on.. just stared into space all day crying.. waiting to die. lovely.

I made a recovery and through finding joy in the small things in life and realizing what is important I was able to find god which spoke to me through my new way of thinking.. I became a very aware observer and the world spoke to me.. its as if all my actions led me to divine experiences. I was able to see how the world worked and flowed. by living so externally in thoughts the world became a extension of myself. I became aware of energy and could litterally feel what action would lead to what I wanted to achieve. you can think of it like this.. colors inspire emotion in yourself. well its kind of like I would see the color for what emotion and experience a action would make. I wouldnt "See" but I would know.. kind of like when you know when someone is sad or if something is bothering them..even if you dont know them.. its the atmosphere.
while in this mode of thinking I was able to pretty much accomplish anything that I wanted. anything that I wanted to learn would happen infront of me. I was lead to experiences which gave me wisdom in any desired area.. now even I said to myself "yeah ofcourse you can get wisdom from anywhere.. it could be just coincedence"
but things allined and happend in sync with eachother way too much..

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I was able to read things that would happen around me. even make things happen.. I went through a extremely spiritual experience... very remarkable..
things would happen like... I would spend the nights predicting where meteors would strike, what part of the sky.. I could see something move across the sky and my attention would be directed there for no reason.. then I would look there and BAM a meteor would strike.... this didnt happen 2, 3.. or even 10 times.... one night I predicted atleast 20 strikes.. and I did this for atleast 2 months before I stopped.
I have lots of pictures of meteors that I predicted would strike.. I have 2 pictures which will forever capture what I did as well.
I proposed a question out loud ( which I will not disclose), directed my attention to the area of sky that I wanted the meteor to appear at. ( I told it to appear for a few reasons.. 1 to prove a concept. 2 to see if my thoughts were directly linked to physical manifestations in the world... I knew I could make things happen but being a scientific mind I wanted to investigate if our consciousness is all in the brain or if the brain was like a receiver and things that happen in the world would reflect in your train of thought.... investigation of the rule of attraction in a way.)

anyways after telling it where to appear I added that I wanted it to be a certain color.. since I was able to predict meteors I needed 100% proof that its not some fluke.. by telling it what color it would be.
so I said it should be a red meteor.
now at first I took the picture but I bumped it.. I was incredible embarassed but the atmosphere gave me the feeling that I should just try again.. so I dirrected my attention to the thought that I made a mistake and that I will take it again.. so 30 seconds after the exposure was up I took another in the exact same place and BOOM.. the meteor flashed across the sky.. a big red one.. and I stared at the sky.. totally stunned and opened mouth.. after I said to myself holy # it just happend! I yelled in excitement and went inside.. feeling like a trillion bucks.. you would too if the universe spoke to you..

well its been almost a year since then... and btw it was at the begining of 09 that I got out of my depression.. 6 months later I was totally cured.. extremely happy.. I was healed.. all of my mental disorders and medical conditions healed themselves. I was cleansed.. BUT my friend died and I moved into depression again.. but now I didnt have him to help me get out of it..

I cannot predict things like I used to.. I am not as spiritually sensitive...nature makes me do things instead of the other way around.. I believe this is because I need to fix a problem in my own nature.. because when I move to the possitive frame of mind I am able to make and predict things like before.

it was a amazing experience and I believe that everyone can go through a similar one as well.. actually I think alot of people will be going through them in the next few years naturally... there is a purity that is required to experience such things but I can tell you for a fact that I was not a angel.. I was horribly cruel, but I harbored a purity to live, to love and to be loved ... .. I learned lots in that experience and the thing that resonated in me the most was that its all about love and joy. love is a big thing. it makes you powerful if it is pure... and just because you have lots of sex does not make it unpure.. its your intent..

anyways thought I could contribute a little somethin somethin..

here are the two pictures from that experience...

and the one that has the actual meteor.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

My ex decided one day to buy 100 hits of liquid acid (You may already see why he is my ex) and he didn't get off on it quick enough and drank most of the liquid at once. He told me what he had done when he started getting scared, by the time the ambulance arrived he was pronounced DOA. At the hospital they pronounced him 'clinically dead' and he was in this state for 26 minutes when he began to breathe outloud. He had not been taken to the morgue, we were all going in and standing with the body two at a time when he took a big breathe and started to choke. He survived and told us about what he experienced. He said everything was in black and white, no color anywhere, he said he was floating just above his own body for a while then he floated up through the hospital ceiling and out of the building and back to the place where he had colapsed in the yard earlier. When he got there he said he couldn't assemilate his thoughts, like he had no idea why he was there, he kept walking back into the house, into the bathroom then back out the door, retracing his steps from the last few moments of life before colapsing. Then he said he could hear me crying and thought to himself that he wished I hadn't seen him like this. He said he was incredibly sad, and that he was again standing in the yard when suddenly everything went white, he said that he could tell that he was moving, floating, but could only see white everywhere, then he started to choke and woke up on the hospital bed.

I have always taken into consideration that he was tripping his brains out, anything he experienced could be attributed to this, only he was dead. Clinically dead means dead. No hearbeat, no brain activity. Dead. So how did he have these memories?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join