It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Differences in our realities: you don't live in the same world I do

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Love your story! It reminds me very much of a shaman I know..She talks to the trees, water, mountains, animals, insects you name it..after she tolded me that, I've tried it out for myself..and, weird as it sounds, it works...

I've found this huge tree just nearby one of my meditation spots wich I one day just tried talking to..and, the way we're talking is kinda like telepathy or something..and it uses feelings. Well, im an empath to start with, so it just might be that I feel its emotions, but it is really strong..and very sad as well. Because, the tree is standing in a park, and there used to be a huge forest there before..now its all gone.

anyway, it might sound crazy, and if someone tolded me this a year ago, I would probably laugh. But, try it out for yourself..listen to that inner voice. Well, you should listen to that inner voice concering everything you do in life, because it will always lead you on the right way

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Nice post! I have this clip I'd like to share but don't know how to embed it. Its Doctor Steel, and if you can bear the first bit of him being crazy, it's worth a listen (also, I don't know about the chemtrails and such, but still). So yeah, he's a bit out there for some, but still interesting

www.youtube.com...

Then there is this one, where he talks of his own vision, or reality.

www.youtube.com...

Beauty ... and robots. Indeed

Edit to add this one, same theme, set to music

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ganja]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

That was great. I really enjoyed reading that. I wanted more. What an incredible way of thinking and looking at, all things. Seriously, you should consider writing a book. It would be a best seller, for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
After reading this thread on totem animals: www.abovetopsecret.com... I thought it might be time to add to this one.

People sure seem to have some odd thoughts about what the others who share our place are interested in. Most seem to think that somehow the animals have some interest in our doings on a personal level. That's only true if they happen to know you and are friends or enemies, and their interest is through the lens of their world, not ours.

When I was young I made a pact with the rattlesnake clan; we have kept to it all my life and I expect it will hold until I die. On my side, I won't kill them, eat them, wear them, or allow them harm if I can prevent it. In return they won't bite me even if I startle them, or bite anyone with me to whom I extend my protection, providing they abide by my rules.

I have usually lived where I can hike the hills, often running and leaping from rock to rock. Just two days ago I took some friends and my granddaughter on a two-mile hike into the hills behind my house to take some pics of the waterfalls the rain has given us...beautiful. Anyway, in the course of doing this I have frequently run across rattlesnakes, most recently on a twilight hike some time ago. Once I jumped down from one boulder to another and wound up straddling a 5-6 foot rattler sunning himself. In each of those cases I opened my spirit to them and reminded them of who I was and what our pact was. Like in all other cases, they looked, recognized, regained their composure, said hello, good-bye and left.

I can freak people out at zoos because when I go to the reptile house I open my spirit and say hello to them, reaffirming our pact each time, and they usually all come over to say hello and agree. I have fun with the weird looks I get, but seldom explain what's happening.

Now just because we have this pact doesn't make them my power animal or spirit guide or any other such nonsense: it just means we've made mutual accomodation in the world we share in respect, acknowledging each other and marking each other's spirit with marks that those who will see can see.

At this point it might help if I explain how I made the pact in the first place and what I mean by "opening my spirit", for they are tied together. I was trained by my grandmother to be conscious of and in control of the energies emanating from my spirit. She meant it in an absolute physical way, no metaphors. She showed me how the animals could sense what was in my heart and mind unless I took care to minimize them, to shield them from observation. We'd play hide and seek and no matter how well physically hidden you might be, without looking she'd point to your hiding place and tell you that you were thinking too loud. So with work and practice I learned to minimize my spiritual signature, how to be invisible in the old way.

So when I decided to offer my pact to the rattlesnake clan I thought it through long and hard and put it into my heart and being. I made myself believe thoroughly I would keep it, bound that into my being. When I felt it true I hiked out into the hills and dropped my shields and and let them see me, stopping frequently and turning to all four directions, broadcasting my intent. Now I need only lower them a little to show the one who I am without shouting it out to the whole world. After some time, days worth of effort, I felt acceptance, and have never feared them since.

We each mind our own business, offer each other respect when we meet, and try to protect where we can. But we don't exactly talk hobbies or anything. It works for me.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Your right everyone has a different perspective, all is unique. I do talk to animals much in the same way you do too, a little different then with plants but thats fine. One key difference between us is that I see all these critters (you included,) I see us all equal, even the rocks and pebbles.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Preconceived notions shape our perceptions of everything. The only "pure" way to see reality is in a state of Tabula Rasa, or "blank state". That's pretty impossible, though, unless you were just born.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thanks for this post. I'm a traditional dancer and I know what you say to be fact. Too bad a lot of others don't. The world would be less screwed up if they did.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
my existence is certainly different from what is by definition existence and if you accept that word being your life im sure its different than "your" and i's.

in my existence every one thing is aware of myself but is disregardful of the self i see of myself in other things.im mostly quiet with expression of words to existence.sometimes if i speak it creates schisms; once a couple of eagles decided it best if i stay quiet and were very loud and adamant towards what i can best describe as my self; from by balcony.when i go out into outer darkness, the city;america; i hear much in people movements, and perceive expectations of my existence: i am at a loss to if this is the self experiencing freedoms with other animals or individuated beings with singular existences different from my own who are expressive of their own desires.throughout the day i do a lot of work and if im not able to have my work received by self; i "sleep" and continue what was a perception of my existence and "work" there.animals get very excited about me and emmisions from my existence; and i dont know for what reason their excitement.im very, what people would call rude, but also very, what people would call gentle; if i see aspects of my manifestation within existence i always attempt to interact by means of "creation": including but not limited to; fights, love making, lectures,writing prose, and a stance that is deathly in my expression.my existence does not cease but changes; and i see my growth outside of my "self".

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I too have walked in multiple worlds but unlike you I chose to embrace them all. I was born into a Heinz 57 family and refused to deny any of them. I also, like you, feel a strong bond to all living things though my ability to communicate is a bit lacking.

A baby squirrel, so young it did not yet have teeth came from out of nowhere and sat on my foot. When I tried to shoo it away it kept coming back until it held onto my pant leg and wouldn’t let go. I could not find the mother so I took it home. I was clueless about what to do with a baby squirrel so I surfed the Internet for answers. It was expensive and a lot of work but I raised that little squirrel until it was old enough and confident enough to go off on his own. Like most teenage children he would come back for the snacks I left out for him and he brought his friends.

A weak and sick cat passed by over 50 houses in my neighborhood to sit on my doorstep and cry. I took him in, bathed him, defleaed him, fed him and nursed him back to health. Animals just seem to know how to find me when they need help.

I now live in the woods and I know what you mean about the trees. It is amazing to sit out by the pond and watch the trees communicating with each other. I have watched them on a windless day move about. Only one or two would move while those right next to the moving ones would be still. I have heard them sing and I have watched them dance. I would think that it was just my imagination but I have had others bring it my attention. They too seemed surprised to see the trees behaving in an unexpected manner when there was no wind to explain the movement. I love the trees. I think they know it. I also agree with you about the pesky ants.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You should make more threads like this one. Lately the quality of threads seem to be shrinking, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I too, communicate with the varied lifeforms around me, though not using verbal speech (except in the case of my horses and dogs, with whom teaching certain words aids them to be communicated with by other humans too).

The way I see it, we all live in the same world, but with different levels of awareness to it. I do not know if some people are born more sensitive to these other levels of reality than others, but even if that is so, it takes the opportunity to learn to understand and work with it. Like you may have had people that taught you about it.....I didn't have that, I had strange experiences I coudn't understand, and it took lots of time alone in nature, meditating, exchanging, to learn to communicate like this responsibly.

So sometimes I think many people today just don't get that opportunity! They work a lot, they have responsibilities and things to do.... some live in environments that are not at all conducive to delving into this experience. So they just can't percieve deeper than the superificial layers of reality. It's not always because they don't want to.
And their perception isn't "incorrect"- the superificial part of reality exists too- I just percieve a bit more to it, that's all. And we can leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Thanks for sharing Bluesma. Would you mind giving a little detail about your strange experiences and how meditation helped? Any info would be appreciated as I am new to this and as curious as a cat.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Great op my friend!

And you'd be very surprised at the similarities between our realities!

We are from completely different backgrounds but treat our suroundings identically......

....and I mean that down to the whistling and chirping to my feathered friends, I can hand feed blackbirds worms and when I speak blackbird they love it......I have long conversations with robins too

I have encouraged a huge variety of birds to breed in my area over the years just due to my understanding of my environment....I get a lot of pleasure from seeing new species taking roost!
I could talk forever just about the birds in my garden......but thats another thread

My cat and dog have a huge vocabulary, both animals have been with me over 8 years now and we have amazing relationships........I love them both as I do all in my direct family, but equally I respect all living things 100% which makes my life very easy in that respect

my partner can't understand my excitment at just being in an outdoor natural environment situation....but i reckon you understand me

I always thought my behaviour with my animals was quite unique .........how wrong am I?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
reply to post by Bluesma

Thanks for sharing Bluesma. Would you mind giving a little detail about your strange experiences and how meditation helped? Any info would be appreciated as I am new to this and as curious as a cat.

Well, it's a bit embarrassing, I don't share this too much with people. "Strange experiences" when I was little were things like having a conversation with a deer once- only realizing afterwards that that is impossible. It was only when I was young that something like that could happen spontaneously without my mind immediately jumping in to stop it and proclaim it impossible.

Later, when I moved to another country, where I could not speak the language, I ended up being very isolated for many years. I spent my time hiking and walking in nature alone for the most part. Always having a habit of meditating from a very young age, I took to doing it in the middle of the forest often. It was during those times that I started to gain awareness of consciousness all around me. It was a vague general awareness.

I began to have experiences with animals in the forest, in which they would become curious about me and come to me, watch me and I felt their consciousness sort of « scanning » my own. I began to pick up images, sounds, like flashes of memory, but that were not my own. For example some animals upon seeing me would have images of other humans flit through, sometimes hunters, their dogs....I could percieve the process through which their mind was working.

In those instances, I had simply been receptive and allowed them access, I wondered if I could be an active force in such a communication. I began to experiment, with many different animals, sort of projecting my thoughts towards them. I had some very aggressive reactions. A dog which almost attacked me, a horse that suddenly went nutso while tied up and pretty far from me physically. Wolves at a zoo that suddenly all turned towards me and started to act like I was threat, slinking down and rushing together keeping their eyes on me. This time, a child was standing near me and asked her mother "What's wrong with them, mommy?"
She answered, "They're afraid of that lady." (me). It was poignant because it was the first time I had someone else confirm the effects I had been seeing! I hadn't moved at all, was just silently standing there. I hadn't told anyone else about my experiments, and wondered if I wasn't seeing connections where there wasn't.

Anyway, I continued to experiment, spent lots of time out in the forest, and began to have a much more complex understanding of the consciousness around me and at times recieved "teaching" from the life around, including plants! I learned that this kind of communication was thought of as an original language by some, because it does not include words, only the transfering of sensual memory that all kinds of life has access to. Conscious exchange must be done respectfully and willingly and some life forms have no more interest in communicating with humans than some humans have in communicating with them. It is not because you wish to share with an animal that it will be open to that. Forcing oneself upon them mentally is akin to mental rape.

But ones tendancy to be mentally receptive and open is a strong factor in their willingness, and their curiosity.
It is as if, you make yourself available for them to check out first, and they can determine whether they wish to open based upon what they pick up.

The intellectual complexities we may have in mind they don’t always « get »- but they always get the truth of things. Meaning, we come up with complex rationalisations and confabulations for urges, intents, desires and choices, but the deeper reasons they get because they are based in very sensual and physical mechanisms they can understand.
In other words, you can lie to yourself, but you can’t lie to an animal. And the more closed you are, the more they assume you have a reason for trying- you must be a predator on the hunt.

Meditation was a tool for me in learning that skill of quieting the mind, and being receptive. Now I have a few animals, live in a rural area where I am around them a lot, and work training horses. I do not tell people about this communication. I know it sounds woo-woo, and I wouldn’t believe it either, if I didn’t experience it and the very real outward effects of our exchanges every day.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

In the world I live in, Love exists in all things. Hate is just an absence of Love, although, nothing is completely absent of Love, there is always a spark of Love in all things that always have the potential of becoming 100%. All things are living things which naturally lives in a state of Love, there is no death, only change.

Being 100% connected to Love - To God - To The Universe - To All Things - However you want to say it, is to feel unconditional love for all things. It is to love all things. Love is accepting and appreciating things exactly as they are without feeling the need to change things.

I express my love to the computer, the internet, to life, to family, to friends, to the chair, to the bed, to the pillow, to the TV, to the government, to the world, to all things...

I am fully integrated 100% to the natural flow of the universe which is love.

I think, speak, and do loving things for all people and altruism is a virtue which brings tears to my eyes...

Love is the universe, Love is in all things, Love is a living force which helps people in their time of need.

This is the world I live in now and I love it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I share Native American ancestry so do not think I am mocking your gifts and love for stewarding well over that which we have been given preeminence, but know that while the worship of nature, unknown great spirits, and works leads to death, the worship of the one true and living God leads to life and victory over the grave.

I am sorry for the example that turned you away from a personal relationship with the Christ of God if indeed you have returned to the worship of our NA ancestors but you do err when you write, "...if the Christian god knew everything, had a plan for everything, and forgave everything, why was there a special place in hell for Judas?"

Certainly this one point isn't the root of your watershed from Christianity but in order to deny ignorance, know that not all sin is forgiven. We can read in the writings of Mark chapter 3, "He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation."

Now comes the time we judge ourselves whether we be in faith unto life, or faith unto destruction.

p.s. other than for the severity of the question of faith in this thread, I relate and understand and enjoyed said thread very very much.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Absolutely amazing! Thank you for opening up and sharing your insight on this. If it were not for people like you I would have given up on humans long ago, but that would have been a mistake cause we all have much to learn from those with open hearts and minds.

Please, never be reluctant to share....I am positive others will also benefit from your words on this site for years to come. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Most people from america have indian ancestors and that makes them about as indian as some guy from russia. I won't even address the words you put in his mouth to try to make your point.

However, I will say this...nature is as close to God as we will ever get in this life. Each person must recognise God in his/her own way. Heck, we were given free will to do just that. Your talk of destruction and the like reeks of fear, not wisdom.

If you can't understand and relate to a creature as simple as a bird what makes you think you can understand something as complex as the creator of that bird? God is not some jealous and insane human, my friend. In your heart of hearts I am sure you know this; or knew this before your vision was tainted with teachings drenched in man's ego. Do not underestimate God, my friend.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The problem with humans is they think they rule everything.
they think it is all here to make them happy
and to use in any way they like.
they think they are gods.
they even make god in their image.
the only thing humans are good at is killing every thing.
that does not make them the best or on top.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Regardless of having NA heritage which only a minor percent of 300 million will actually possess, it only takes a google search these days to gain knowledge of NA worship. I didn't put these words in Apacheman's mouth: "Each culture had a fair shot at my mind and spirit, but by the time, and when, Catholicism demanded I make a choice, I chose the Apache ways and have been nothing but Apache ever since." And this quote is precisely the premise of my argument on the question of faith present in the thread.

I do disagree with your assessment of nature being as close to God as humans can ever be. If that were the case as I argued in my reply to Apacheman, death would be the end wherein is no hope or godliness. Jesus the Christ of God himself and his example is as close as we can get to Love. The lives of his disciples and countless others immediately after his death is a testament to the truth of Christ......even nature tells us live men don't die for dead men; even nature knows a live dog is better than a dead lion, so why would so many people who knew Jesus die for Him after being nailed on a cross? Why would they go out and change the whole world for a dead man who didn't rise from the grave showing himself to them? And what of the Pharisee Saul who once killed Christians deciding to die for the name of the very man he persecuted?

You can deny ignorance anytime you get ready according to freewill

You speak of God and knowing Him or rather me not but you yourself only claim to at best know nature. God is a jealous God; He alone has the right and he is jealous for us to be with Him. He has given us a way to know Him and it's not dependent on one ability to communicate with birds but on grace through faith in Jesus. No other religion or belief or faith promises such a hope as eternal life with the one true creator. Not one provides what our Father through Jesus has given to us.

I believe the fear, egotism, and anger is evident where it truly lies and I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Wish I could help.

<< 1    3 >>

join