It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Skies TV Series.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well ive been trying for many years to get hold of this series as it only aired once in the UK and i missed it. Finally ive got hold of it and i must say, its one fine fine UFO TV series:

20th century history as we know it is a lie. Aliens have been among us since the 1940's, but a government cover-up has prevented the public from knowing this. As the series progresses, we follow John Loengard and Kim Sayers as they attempt to thwart numerous plans of the alien Hive, most of which are tied to historical events and figures. In addition, the pair must stay one step ahead of a covert government agency, Majestic-12, tasked with fighting the aliens while maintaining the conspiracy of silence.

Aired in 1996 and my personal opinion is that it blows the X-Files out the water. From a conspiricy theorists veiwpoint, i believe this series was canned as it was too close to the truth

For anyone who's not seen it, its a must watch.

Not sure on ATS's link standpoint, so if you want the series links bob me a PM.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by zeetroyman]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

when is this on tv and channel?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by enca78

when is this on tv and channel?

This aired 14 years ago...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Dark Skies is one of the hardest to get series out there.

I finally found my copy *after over 5 years of searching extensively* of the entire season and I watched all of them.

Here is my point of view.

The first half of the season is great, in fact one of the BEST series EVER made bar none.

The second half of the series becomes utterly ridiculous and totally stupid, IMHO and i hated the way things ended it pissed me off greatly.

The Best Episode of all was called "THE WARREN OMISSION" and was just epic in every way possible.

Every episode BEFORE the "Warren Omission" are MUST sees and are extremely well done.

Every episode AFTER the "Warren Omission" went downhill fast and the plot got turned into mush and everything fell apart into a really stupid ending.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, the one episode after the Warren Omission that was worth a watch is the one where they find the UFO that crashed in Alaska hundreds of years ago.

And the shadow govt tries to move the UFO out of there and almost cause it to explode and cause mass destruction.

That was actually a good episode too I like that one.

But the last two episodes were crap man.

The Russian MJ-12 base looked awesome at first, until the whole "body snatchers" theme became utterly absurd.

At this point we gotta admit the plot has serious flaws.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Cheers Muzzle..

Im on Episode 5 at the moment with episode 6 "dreamland" up next

Pizza is in the oven then im back on another 5 episode marathon

got the full 20 episodes and your right about it being the hardest to find!

I always try to find it every christmas without fail, though this Christmas i struck lucky

pps, " the warren ommision" is episode 13. so only 7 bad ones out of 20.

I can live with that

[edit on 11-1-2010 by zeetroyman]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, not all of them are that bad.

At least 3-4 of them do get really dumb though fair warning. It is at the very end though of the entire season so no worries.

It is still my favorite series of the genre, way better than X-Files IMHO.

Wayyy better!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yeah,....I thought there was nothing much more outthere to watch UFO/conspiracy related. Then someone somewhere made a remark about these tv-series and I luckily could get hold of it.

I watched all the episodes and because I had them all I couldn't stop seeing one after an other. Just like this other tv-series...whats it called again?......First Wave...that is the name. It is also about a secretive invation of aliens. And like Dark Skies it also run a few seasons. Did you see First Wave?

Here is a link to a list of sci-fi programs that were aired by SyFy.
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)_programs.

Many of these series I have never seen because I am from The Netherlands. So if you have another one that is worth seeing please do not hesitate to inform me with an PM.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Like a lot of sci-fi shows (especially of that time-frame), there is simply a limited audience for the genre. Then, one starts doing well, and they decide to muck around with what night it is on, and/or move the timeslot, and then wonder why it tanks....

So many good shows back then perished this way.... I loved this show, but mostly saw it more thoroughly in a brief rerun marathon (I think it was on SyFy channel)....

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

its a TV show. has nothing to do with disclosure.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee

its a TV show. has nothing to do with disclosure.

Jeez, whoes talking about disclosure? If youve done any kind of ufology research, then youll know quite a few of these episodes are based on documented events.

No one has mentioned disclosure on this thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Moved back to ATS, as although a TV show, the discussion was mostly centered on how the series was based on actual cases, and the conspiracy angle explored by the show.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have them the whole season if anyone wants them. Anyone know of a good server I can put them on?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Dark Skies
you must have DivX

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
Aired in 1996 and my personal opinion is that it blows the X-Files out the water. From a conspiricy theorists veiwpoint, i believe this series was canned as it was too close to the truth

It was not cancelled because it was "too close to the truth." If you believe such things, why would the powers that be even let it on the air in the first place?

However, while it was superior in certain aspects to the X-Files, it was the X-Files that killed the show. It was seen as an X-Files clone and never had great ratings; the cost of producing the show was far more than they could get from advertisers. The costs of licensing music has thus far prevented the DVD release as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Dark Skies is one of the hardest to get series out there.

The first half of the season is great, in fact one of the BEST series EVER made bar none.

The second half of the series becomes utterly ridiculous and totally stupid, IMHO and i hated the way things ended it pissed me off greatly.

I also thought it started out great, based on real conspiracy theories, and then went downhill, but then again I'd say pretty much the same thing about the X-files, eventually those got further and further from just real conspiracy theories into complete fantasy.

I also liked the cast on Dark Skies, I wouldn't mind watching it again, at least the early episodes.

Here's the series overview with cast: www.imdb.com...
And a list of the 19 episodes: www.imdb.com...
You can click on the episodes to get more information about each one.

@Neillien- a friend of mine uploads stuff to this server: www.4shared.com... and he gets 10GB of free space there, I'm thinking about trying it out, but I've only downloaded from there, haven't uploaded there yet.
Edit: I also noticed ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y posted a link so you don't need to but thanks for offering.
Edit 2: I had some trouble watching those because I have the DivX codec but not the browser version (DivX web player) which I prefer not to install due to security concerns. Someone posted the Dark Skies series to usenet in alt.binaries.series.tv.divx.french on July 28, 2009 and while the primary audio is French as that group name suggests, the track 2 audio is English, and no browser based security holes are required to watch those.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I also thought it started out great, based on real conspiracy theories, and then went downhill, but then again I'd say pretty much the same thing about the X-files, eventually those got further and further from just real conspiracy theories into complete fantasy.

The truth, whatever it may be, is probably just as far removed from the conspiracy theories and current UFO mythology. To me, the conspiracy theories and mythology is not very imaginative.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The truth, whatever it may be, is probably just as far removed from the conspiracy theories and current UFO mythology. To me, the conspiracy theories and mythology is not very imaginative.

I agree with you there, that's why you're on my friends list my friend!

But at least some of the conspiracy theories have some degree of plausibility of you don't pay too much attention to the facts, and both episodes started out with that type of plausibility. You know, the standard Roswell conspiracy which I don't believe any disc or bodies were found, but, what I DO believe is that if an alien disc or alien bodies HAD been found, they would probably keep it a secret, or at least try to, so that's what I mean by plausible.

But both series degraded from there into fantasies that had no plausibility at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Dont know if the links have been provide elsewhere, but I found it on youtube. Stoked...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
According to my better half it is available on a very well know book shop site for £20!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join