It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a power within the use of prayer?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Sorry but I just have to say this.
'Is there power in prayer."
Hell YES! lol

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This thread is highlighting the arrogance that lies within religion

2/3 of the worlds population woke up with no access to clean water, Children in Africa woke up to no food and will not live to see the end of their day.

Are these people not praying hard enough? or Does God just prefer American children.

Either way

[edit on 10-1-2010 by woodwardjnr]

It don't work that way.
It works like this. Let us pray for all those in need.
Will you join me?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

To add a tidbit if you do not mind.
The realization can only occur when your faith is strong enough to realize you can let go of CONTROL.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
In this thread the topic of "magick" has been brought up. This actually was what I was going to base my post off of. I think a brief explanation is alright before I get to my point.

Magick is commonly associated with Wiccans today. However, Wacca stems from the older pagan religions which were nature based. These religions are not as common today but many of their symbols are because the Christians borrowed them. For example, the Christmas tree.

This magick (I will call this energy work) is practiced by many today. Symbols such as candles or other items are used to help complete this energy work; however, the more experienced users will admit that these items are just used to help focus the energy. Many of the users will complete their energy work in natural areas (away from man mad structures) like in the woods. Basically, it's almost a foundation for many of the new age spiritual ideas.

As for prayer, given that the symbols used for energy work are just used to help focus the energy couldn't prayer work along the same lines? It's my personal belief that there is energy which we share. It is all around us, even in the most literal sense. The sun helps crops grown and when we eat those crops the energy is transferred on. It's not the same but close to the energy someone receives from a sincere smile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join