It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeach Obama and Others

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Now I'm not trying to be a Obama basher, but come on He promised "Change" ,but instead gave us the same old day to day politics as usual.

Why is he still our president? He's made false promises. That should be enough as is.

He's even being called a liar by his fellow colleagues.

Why do we let him continue to lead us. Is it just ignorance or is it simply people are 2 stupid?

I mean is his way with words really that impressive? Well yes it is, but shouldn't the truth be more important. He was elected on false premises.

What's the odds of him being impeached with all the backing he has from the elite? I mean wall street bankers, fortune 500 companies, etc...

Please star & flag.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by anoymous7]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anoymous7

Nice Title

The Obama bashers are at the buffet , they will be here soon.

Impeach will never happen, deal with the other head from the 2

headed monster for awhile.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Every President Lies .. Every President get elected on False Promises .. What is your point .. why Obama ? ,, he is no different from the previous presidents .. why him ??

If Bush was not Impeach .. then Obama should not be impeach ..

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
Every President Lies .. Every President get elected on False Promises .. What is your point .. why Obama ? ,, he is no different from the previous presidents .. why him ??

If Bush was not Impeach .. then Obama should not be impeach ..

What "GREAT" reasoning. NOT...

Are you kidding me?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What kind of change were you expecting?

In the end, he is still a politician.

He still got three years left for change.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
What kind of change were you expecting?

In the end, he is still a politician.

He still got three years left for change.

It's not the change I was expecting, Its the "change" others were expecting. Only to be duped again. This is fundamentally wrong. We really do need "change" and until the people of the USA wake up and do something, We will never have the "Change" we so truly deserve.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

He could just resign.
Joe Biden could take over and wait for his exit.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That's what you get when you have a celebrity people pleaser in the White house.We are viewed by our enemy's as being weak and vulnerable.Down side is we will be attacked on our soil.Plus side maybe the love everybody people will pull their heads out of the sand and stand.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Impeach Obama

Impeachment

Impeachment is a formal process in which an elected official is accused of unlawful activity, and which may or may not lead to the removal of that official from office.

or is it simply people are 2 stupid?

Know what the words you use mean before you accuse others of being stupid.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You can't just impeach a President because you don't like him. We have very specific laws relating to the impeachment of a President and despite the fact that I would like to see him removed from office, I would never support anything that wasn't lawful and / or constitutional.

I wish in starting this thread you offered ideas or your opinion on exactly what grounds you would have the impeachment process begin.

Is lying reason for impeachment? Not in this case. The above poster is correct, he has another 3 years to fulfill any promises and until that time is expired, he can simply say he's working on it.

Now, in my opinion, the only grounds for impeachment thus far would be "abuse of power". But, as you can see, that is hardly a slam dunk. Further, an impeachment of a President by a majority vote when his party has said majority, is not going to happen -- at least not at this point.

Removing an official from office requires two steps: (1) a formal accusation, or impeachment, by the House of Representatives, and (2) a trial and conviction by the Senate. Impeachment requires a majority vote of the House; conviction is more difficult, requiring a two-thirds vote by the Senate. The vice president presides over the Senate proceedings in the case of all officials except the president, whose trial is presided over by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Bribery and treason are among the least ambiguous reasons meriting impeachment, but the ocean of wrongdoing encompassed by the Constitution's stipulation of “high crimes and misdemeanors” is vast. Abuse of power and serious misconduct in office fit this category, but one act that is definitely not grounds for impeachment is partisan discord.

Of thirty-five attempts at impeachment, only nine have come to trial. Because it cripples Congress with a lengthy trial, impeachment is infrequent. Many officials, seeing the writing on the wall, resign rather than face the ignominy of a public trial.

Link: www.infoplease.com...

Now, in his latest attempts to pass healthcare reform, Obama has come CLOSE to violating the bribery cause. In fact, 13 - 14 attorney generals have signed letters charging him with this offense in his deal with Nebraska. HOWEVER, the Senate majority would need all 60 votes to actually remove Obama from office and since one of those 60 votes is the same person that received the bribe.... well, you see the problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoymous7
Now I'm not trying to be a Obama basher, but come on He promised "Change"

Please star & flag.

What change were you looking for in Obama ? what change did he offer that you wanted ?

Oh and no offence, but why do some members on ATS beg for a star and flag ?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Impeach Obama

Impeachment

Impeachment is a formal process in which an elected official is accused of unlawful activity, and which may or may not lead to the removal of that official from office.

or is it simply people are 2 stupid?

Know what the words you use mean before you accuse others of being stupid.

umm ... ok anyways.

So you think he's doing right eh?

I believe he should simply be impeached because he is just a politician. And he ran on the ground that he wasn't.

You don't think its odd that a fellow colleague of his called him a liar?

Im not just saying Obama needs to be impeached, there are others trust me, But if we can start with the head of the dragon all else will fall into place a lot easier.

You really think he's making our country stronger?

Can you really say to yourself, he is the change that he promised? He promised transparency. Did we get that? No.

But we all know he's just a politician, so its ok.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Honestly, he's doing far better than I expected: he's been largely unsuccesful at everything he's attempted.

By my measure, that's pretty good.

I think you miss the point. You're suggesting he be impeached. Impeachment means to accuse him of a crime. What crime are you suggesting he be accused of?

Saying that you want him impeached because he's not doing well enough for you is like saying you want to file murder charges against your neighbor because he has bad breath.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Honestly, he's doing far better than I expected: he's been largely unsuccesful at everything he's attempted.

By my measure, that's pretty good.

I think you miss the point. You're suggesting he be impeached. Impeachment means to accuse him of a crime. What crime are you suggesting he be accused of?

Saying that you want him impeached because he's not doing well enough for you is like saying you want to file murder charges against your neighbor because he has bad breath.

OK so everything is ok, Maybe I should just crawl back into my little world like they want me to.

No, I will not stand to see my country torn apart by someone that doesn't even believe in it and that is what is happening.

Its a sad state of affairs that we live in today, Our rights are slowly being taken away from us in a calculated manner.

Obama and Bush might as well be the same people. They work for the same people.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Bush and his cohorts screwed up this country for 8 years, did you think Obama could fix all those messes in 12 months?

That would certainly have been a miracle for sure.

Obama didn't start any wars.
Obama didn't cause the global meltdown.

This is all mess after the Bush adminstration and Obama gets clean up duty. He's going to need years to clean up this mess.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Look, I don't support Obama at all, but at this point he is not impeachable. You cannot impeach a President for not following through on campaign pledges. Its too easy to say that they wanted to do those things, but Congress wouldn't let them. Or that their view point changed. Etc. Additionally even though I do not support Obama, it has only been a year and all Presidents deserve to serve their full term if they aren't breaking the law. If they are really that bad, the electorate will elect change during the mid term elections and then during the next Presidential election.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Bush and his cohorts screwed up this country for 8 years, did you think Obama could fix all those messes in 12 months?

That would certainly have been a miracle for sure.

Obama didn't start any wars.
Obama didn't cause the global meltdown.

This is all mess after the Bush adminstration and Obama gets clean up duty. He's going to need years to clean up this mess.

Clean up duty?

Obama could stop the wars if he wanted to, not saying thats necessarily right, but he could.

Obama shouldn't be worrying about the global meltdown, but the USA's future.

He is not the president of the world, Hes suppose to be our president.

He might as well be Bush jr , Because he's continuing a lot of the same policies.

He didn't bring change, all he brought was more deception and thats not a quality we want in our leader.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
“Too often the American people don’t know who Washington is working for, and when they find out, they don’t like what they hear. . . ."

-Barack Obama, from a speech in New Hampshire, 9/4/2007

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am sorry you don't like the guy .. that is not a reason to impeach the president ..

You will have your chance to vote him out of office in 2012 .. 'till then .. live with it ..

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
I am sorry you don't like the guy .. that is not a reason to impeach the president ..

You will have your chance to vote him out of office in 2012 .. 'till then .. live with it ..

your hilarious.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join