It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We May Be Pushing The Earth Into A New Ice Age!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
ur headline is a bit harsh isn't it?, this is perfectly normal weather, my parents have said 30years ago we had snow from nov to march and it was a real winter unlike now, global warming must be a fact and mother nature is sure as hell pxxxxd

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That's what they were hoping for was to do exactly that. It's not only the Ice Age, but to accelerate it. At least more than half of he people already know that Global Warming is definately not occuring. So the ideas that they had set like dimming the sun, make an artifical volcano whatever will not happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Global warming is making the weather system more chaotic. Thus the greater extremes. Hot and cold.

I mention a book in an earlier post Ice Age Lost Gwen Schultz.
Fun informative and dead on. A compliment to your thinking.
I read it 30 years ago so what's going on is no mystery to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by thoughtsfull

And your point is ...maybe that...the increase of air borne particles into the air by burning of industrial substances can increase cooling by reflecting more sunlight back into space? ...Okay.... and stop doing that by the way.

My point was that the Corporate world moves the supposed solutions to Global warming into areas where there is little or no data on what the effect the new processes will have on the environment.

I used the example WEEE reclamation process to demonstrate that Governmental, Scientific and Environmental Communities claim the reclamation process is positive, yet there is no evidence to show this will have a positive or negative impact.. without hard data you can make what ever assertion you like.

But we do not know what the impact will be on global warming/cooling.. and similar can be said for many of the processes being rolled out as the trendy thing to do to save the environment.

Caveat: Just to add, I felt so strongly that my role was counter productive that I quit.

I personally feel that whatever chaos is running through our seasons and weather, the process is speeding up and we will know soon enough which direction we are tipping towards.

But my gut says to me for my part of the world we will experience cooling.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

So do we take decades to study all the possible ramifications of any and all actions we might take to fix our climate? Or do we rush in and do the current "trendy" fix just do be doing "something/anything"?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So do we take decades to study all the possible ramifications of any and all actions we might take to fix our climate? Or do we rush in and do the current "trendy" fix just do be doing "something/anything"?

I see your point, and agree to a degree.. but common sense works quite well... and it does not seem like common sense to be aiming to smelt 20 million tonnes of WEEE in the EU.. Most of which contains multiple plastic types with multiple types of fire retardant chemicals and at no stretch of the imagination does that appear a common sense approach if we are aiming to clean up the planet and our atmosphere.

Edit to add: The corporates are certainly not rushing, they are picking and choosing what they can sell as trendy and get away with doing as little as possible..

My use of the term trendy is what the corporates and mass media are attempting to use to sell their products to the public, rather than some detrimental term towards anyone wanting to go green, who I feel are being miss sold the whole deal by Governments and Corporates to keep up fake environmental credentials

[edit on 13/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No. We should do all we can without waiting for or depending on the Government.

This is a thread by DaddyBare
"Lowe’s wants to turn solar installation into a weekend project."
Lots of great ideas.

reply to post by DaddyBare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sitting at the puter enjoying a bath of 90 degree air blowing through my living room. It's about 30 degrees outside and sunny.
I built two semi passive heaters last fall, They have worked like gems.
This is air not electricity. I put a twist on the usual collector box with a fan that sucks the hot air from the top 8" vent and blows it out the bottom 8' vent. The collector is 4' x 7' and 3.5" deep. (old sliding door panel from the curb during clean up days) and a pine 2 x 6 frame. The wall opposite the glass is cheap roofing metal painted flat black. I have a 90-120 degree thermostat mounted at the highest center point.
I should get a solar panel to operate the fan.
I build my house intentionally with an side on the southern exposure. (two story) I have one heater for each floor and am thinking about more.
The angle of the sun in the spring moves more vertical and keeps the collectors cool for the summer.
In the fall the arch of the sun returns to lower degrees and the rays again strike the collectors.
I use a wood stove for cold nights and real overcast days.

Solar stocks have had the crap shorted out of them so JP and Goldman Suck can corner the market on there grids being built in the deserts.
Solar and wind are political footballs. Just more broken promises from the government. Add nuclear to the pot as well.
We ain't attacking Iraq and Afghanistan for sunshine and wind.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

For those of us who didn't know....WEEE=Waste electrical and electronic equipment. Apparently the UK wants it's citizens to turn their WEEE into waste collection facilities but supposedly it's not being disposed of correctly.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I do what I can to help but I fear most ....at least here in the US don't. Any true fixes will have to come from legislation.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I do what I can to help but I fear most ....at least here in the US don't. Any true fixes will have to come from legislation.

I think I must have posted this before but to busy to look back.
Yes and that won't be such a bad thing if it has a positive effect on dear ole Mother Earth.
JP and Goldman are busy at work to get you to pay for sun and air.
This is why I think threads like yours are so good.
Just possibly some education and interest might seep into a casual readers gray matter.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

JP and Goldman are busy at work to get you to pay for sun and air.

Fortunately there are also those who are hard at work trying to bring free energy technology such as zero point energy to the masses.

And of course unlimited free energy would sure come in handy during an ice age. As long as I'm warm and I've got cable and internet I can deal with an ice age.....I hope.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by MissSmartypants]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join