It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw my first ufo last night.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ok so i was out side haveing a smoke last night and looking up at the stars as i always do and i noticed a white light that looked alot like a star, about as high as a star,but was traveling horizontally at a pace faster then a normal air craft. Now i have seen satilites before and i dont think they move that fast,not sure. But it was most def somthing that i have never seen before. Just curious if anyone else saw aniything or has like this before? I am in sydney australia and it was at about 10-10;30pm. Watched it for about 5 mins till it was gone.
Feed back please.
Thanks in advance.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Truespirit82]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I've seen a similar thing in SE Qld twice. . Once was about 4.30 am, it was travelling west to east but very fast. It was followed soon after by an aircraft of some kind. Not passenger, faster than thatThe other was a group of two of them travelling south to north about 7.30pm.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If it went in a Straight line across the sky at a Constant speed than it was a satellite or the ISS.

That does not mean that is what it was, but given the characteristics of the event we have no choice but to classify it under that category.

Satellites fly in straight lines and remain at the same speed the whole time.

If there was any change in course or speed, than it would be something else.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Thanks for that mate ,interesting stuff,what i saw was similar to the pics in the thread on the home page at the moment"UFO following planes Jan2010 Massachusetts (photos)

Thanks again for the input.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Cool mate , thanks for that ,it stayedin a straight line for what i saw,just went kinda fast,faster then what i have seen satilites travel.
Again thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree with the poster above and you'd be really surprised at the speed that satellite’s actually go, Quite a few times I thought I was seeing something but it was pointed out to me by a friend that it’s as definitely a satellite.

*dont get me wrong though i wish it was a UFO still

EDIT: to show who im replying to exacty

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Cheers bro,i'll keep wtaching the heavens.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
no1cares dude, atleast deliver by making a thread with pic's not just some story.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Truespirit82

Cheers bro,i'll keep wtaching the heavens.:lol

Good man lol

Everyone and the though you always see something out of the ordinary if you keep watching, A while ago me and a few mates was just looking at the starts etc. (camping trip) and just to the right of where I was looking I saw the BIGGEST flash I’ve ever seen I my life it was just huge.

My mind tells me it was a meteor or something but who knows im hoping it was something interesting at least…. Although im not sure how I’ll ever find out if it was lol

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
or it whas just something ordinary and you guys immediatly think it's an alien spacecraft.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyn1caL

I care thats why i posted.

Oh and not everyone can get pics aleast he explained it so we knew what it actually was.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Interesting.

I would like to share my one and only UFO encounter as well and see if any of you can make any sense of it.

I live pretty close to Fort Hood Texas in a small sleepy town with around 600 people in it - One night around 1am or so, me and a friend were outside sitting on my back patio having a beer and just bull#ting. Well, out of no where we saw this silent craft fly above us....I can guarantee you that it was flying no more than maybe 30-50 yards above ground..I mean, it was flying lowww and ive never seen a plane in this area fly this low (or havent ever seen something fly so low that was so big to begin with) It was jet black and silent, it had no lights on it.....It was moving super slow too....It almost looked fake. It was eerie as heck looking. The weird thing about the craft however is that the flight path seemed to follow the highway.

The thing was pretty huge though - It was at least half a football field in size. It was no Helicopter, I can tell you that right now....It was either a plane ive never seen before (stealth bomber maybe?) or maybe it was an Alien craft, lol..I dunno.

Any ideas what I saw?

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Black Magic]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Black Magic]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think you saw a Geminid type meteor. I am familiar with seeing satellites and standard shooting stars (meteors). I saw a slow very bright meteor recently and researched to discover the recently viewable Geminid meteors were especially slow.

Did your view go horizon to horizon? or

Did it appear and disappear?

Google.

0CD

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zerocd

It was as quick a a flash so thats why im assuming it was a meteor and not
anything ettraterrestial, And thank yyou for the avice on what i asw aswell.

This is the closest picture i could find as to what i saw aswell btw

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7a3c94b3630.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyn1caL

Thanks for your pointless input, i was just seeing if someone could help me identify it. And im glad i wasted a min of your life to post.

Cheer up mate

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Magic

Thats interesting man,did u happen to see if it had a shap to it?
second line.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
get baited, chin up son.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zerocd

Hi if you are asking me, it went horizontal, straight across and didnt fizzle out like a shooting star.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
dude stop triple posting FFS, no1cares what you saw jeez, if all the people in the world would make a thread just because they saw something bright in the sky, this place would be one big f_kin mess.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It was probably ALF doing a drive by or giving you the birdie, yep thats what it was ^.^ I'd prove it of course by i forgot to take pics

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join