It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw my first ufo last night.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
was your post suppossed to be funny?

downer.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyn1caL

Thanks mate ,once again. Good to see your still in this thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If it went in a Straight line across the sky at a Constant speed than it was a satellite or the ISS.

That does not mean that is what it was, but given the characteristics of the event we have no choice but to classify it under that category.

Satellites fly in straight lines and remain at the same speed the whole time.

If there was any change in course or speed, than it would be something else.

A satellite is not the only object that can appear to cross the sky at a constant speed and not veer from it's course. Aircraft and meteors can also do the same.

What the OP did not mention is how long the object was visible for, or how fast it was moving, which could help narrow down the possibilities.

A fast moving satellite can cross the sky in about the same time as an exceptionally slow meteor, and both can appear to "come out of nowhere", however, it is more likely that the object was a satellite, especially if the brightness remained constant.

Edit to add: My bad, no one said "it came it of no where". I was mixing it up with another similar thread. However, the rest of what I said still stands.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Hey mate,it was going a bit faster then an average plane,and i watched it for about 5 mins, Prolly just a satalite but like i said ,have not seen one move that fast.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Truespirit82

My bad, I see you mentioned that in the OP, sorry for not paying attention.

As you say, that would be consistent with a satellite.

Glad to see you got your answer, but might I also recommend that you try getting out of town, where it's really dark and free from light pollution, and at this time of year (for you in the Southern hemisphere anyway) as soon as the sun is below the horizon, you will start to see loads of them, and doing all kinds of things.

Take something comfortable to lay down on, so you can look for a while without having to bend your neck and strain it, and I am sure you'll be surprised at what you see, not just satellites.

Ideally find somewhere that is open and has a good all-round view of the sky that is also free from obstacles blocking your view of the horizon, and pick a night with a forecast for clear skies.

Even better, pick a night and location where you can observe a meteor shower. I'd go for the Leonids this year in November, although it's a bit of a wait now, but well worth it especially with those beautiful and clear skies that I know you have there in your "out-back".

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thanks for the great idea ,sounds good. Might go this weekend, we're having some awsome weather at the moment. Thanks again mate.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Truespirit82

I saw somthing similar on new years eve, it was full of clouds in the skies and I saw 3 orange balls in the skies. they were flying pretty low and two of them came from behind the mountain to the east, they flew a bit and then stopped and howered over the same spot, the third one appeared to the southeast and flew to the others, but they were allready gone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join