It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport Scanners are not "100% safe".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
BEFORE YOU GET THE THREAD, READ THIS.... the thread below is not an endorsement of terrorism, or acts that create or spread fear. It is not, repeat NOT, a suggestion of any kind that you should do anything that would create fear, or terror. Never, ever cause harm or loss to another human being - aside from being very wrong, you will probably spend a lot of time in PRISON! DO NOT DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING.

I have been looking at this topic for some time now, and when the "bomber" was first shown on the news, I immediately thought about the "repercussions".

I told my other half that the reaction of the Government, here in the UK, would be such that the "body scanners" would be immediately rolled out across the UK.

Now I was reading a thread on this site earlier and was stunned by this quote:

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
In my opinion the big deal is the person behind the screen looking at the images of naked men, women, and CHILDREN. I would be worried about pedophiles and other sexual predators looking in on these pictures. I wouldn't mind someone seeing me naked personally because you're right we all have naked bodies but there are some serious ethical concerns about how these devices. Then again I am all for protecting planes from terrorism. I fly to and from NYC to Moscow 5 times a year and am personally happy to know that steps have been taken to absolutely 100% assure noone can board a plane with anything dangerous.

LifENcircleS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I fly from London to New York on a regular basis, and I can assure one and all that these scanners do absolutely nothing to assure safety of aeroplane passengers.

Why? Well, here's a list:

1) If you want to genuinely cause terror on a flight, take a Bic Biro on board. Snap it in half and then jab the sharpened tube into someone's juggular. A fellow passenger bleeding out and passing away mid-flight will create mayhem, and a lot of mess. Certainly enough time and mayhem to give you opportunity to do a number of terrorist activities.

2) Board the flight with a friend and whilst in filght, become "ill". This can often draw the attention of several of the flight crew, and give your friend time to slip off to the galley, crew areas, etc. to get up to all maner of things.

3) Cause a serious problem mid-flight by opening one of the doors to the aircraft. If the aircraft is high enough, it could cause explosive decompression, and bring the plane down. You're going to die too, but it would certainly be terrorism. www.telegraph.co.uk...

4) Get yourself a rocket propelled grenade launcher, or a surface-to-air missile launcher, and then sit at the end of your chosen runway in a safari Land Rover, or Jeep, and then wait for an aeroplane to take off. In mid-takeoff, fire your missile, and then drive away very, very quickly. This would guarantee terror, mayhem, fear, and death. Probably your own if you are underneath the flightpath when the debris starts to rain down. judicial-inc.biz...

These are just a few of the options open to a would-be terrorist. A terrorist that would proably be dead very quickly after starting their actions, but they would certainly have passed all security checks. Unless of course they look like a standard terrorist, that has a big beard, a head covering, speaks Arabic, and looks "shifty".

Please remember ladies and gentlemen, that this thread is for discussion only, and that this information is NOT, repeat "NOT", to be used to put into practice in the real world. Never, ever cause harm or loss to another human being... it's that simple.

Any thoughts on any of this?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I completely agree. I don't feel safer on flights just because people don't have pistols and knives. You could make a weapon out of anything. You could even use the cord of a mouse to strangle the person sitting in front of you. Having their back to you wouldn't give them enough time to react.
You could stab someone with a pen, or poke their eyes out. A full body scanner is not going to protect anyone. If someone wants to cause harm and terror, they will always find alternative ways to do so. Even if someone gets up without a weapon they can easily begin mayhem by saying "I will kill everyone".

The only way to be entirely safe is if they restrain everyone while on flight, which is also entirely ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alasian

The sad fact is that I can actually predict that it would be ideal if the Governments could come up with a way to restrain us all whilst we are in flight.

In fact, I will even go so far as to say that it wouldn't surprise me if that is what we are working towards.

It's sick, twisted, and way beyond the time that we should be saying "this is unacceptable", and demanding that they stop their silly childish behaviour.

What amuses me, is that the more this happens the less people seem interested in saying "no" to all of this. Are we really all that scared and stupid to see what's going on right before our very eyes?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
reply to post by Alasian

. . .

What amuses me, is that the more this happens the less people seem interested in saying "no" to all of this. Are we really all that scared and stupid to see what's going on right before our very eyes?

I think the reason that this is happening is because they have brainwashed us through the years. They have conditioned us to come to this desired (for them) state. If tomorrow the planet started spinning the wrong way, everyone would still be more preocupied with what jeans to wear to school/work, what kind of laptops to buy, and to what Italian restaurant to go to. (Italian restaurants are awsome by the way
)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm wondering. If you are a black belt master in any martial art.

Can you be refused to board a plane ?

I mean there are about a million ways to kill a man with your bare hands.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Oh man, I can already see the headlines: "Black belt holders in any sort of martial arts, will now need a special boarding pass in order to be allowed to board a plane, officials say"...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alasian

Worse, you might have to travel in the baggage hold in a special cage, and a special set of papers to let you in and out of the countries you wish to travel from/to...

It's beyond silly now, and sadly, I can see it getting much sillier.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It is a good thing that in my part of the globe (Mediterranean Europe), it is not so "strict". In most Mediterranean countries, due to the good willed mentality of people (this is starting to change), even policemen will cut you a slack for misbehaving.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The only way to be totally secure is to employ Israel airport security. Every piece of your luggage is looked at and checked for explosives etc, you are interrogated, and even your photos on your digital camera are asked about one by one....They dont get hijacked or bombed.....

Having had a 16 hour interrgoation for being in Syria and Lebannon before hand, mine was out of the norm, but it is a minimum of 4 hours required before boarding to go through check in for non israelis.

new topics

top topics

join