It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I train my reflexes/reaction time and hand-eye coordination?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Funny you mention that, I just posted a thread on the very topic yesterday it's called
xbox evolution. Funny name, but it talks about how playing video games help dexterity, reflex time, and had eye coordination.

-E-

[edit on 8-1-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As funny as it sounds, computer/video games do increase reactions times. Any activity where hand-to-eye reactions are challenged over a prolonged period will improve your overall ability in time.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
play first first shooter games online, i fidn thats made me alot better at all three of what you need.

Its been proven to work aswel.

i must agree with the above quote this has improved all three for me aswell.

first person shooter games online or offline on their hardest settings.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here you go....please let me know how well you did!

I am always a rabbit or bobcat...NEVER have I gotten cheetah..lol

www.youshock.com...#

GOOD LUCK

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
try biking to your nearest martial arts class as fast as you can through a rough neighborhood with bad streets, while bunny hopping over as many things as you can, while pretending to dodge bats like in fear and loathing in las vegas.. while texting so you have to look up and down, while avoiding cops.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
To the OP:

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by Phlynx

Get you a good first person shooter

Prime is exactly right OP. I started really getting into shooters actually not to long ago. The changes in reflexes, hand eye coordination, and a increased tactical sense (I play paintball so I know its true) have been more than noticeable.

Video games are actually really good for what you ask.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As far as martial arts go, you must get the techniques programmed into your body so that you can do them without thinking.

The biggest problem martial artists have is that they can perform the moves but have to think during a fight. This is not a good way of doing things. You must be able to react quickly. I'm sure your art has blocking drills, do them for at least an hour every day. Same blocking drill, don't change it up. Eventually you will be able to do it flawlessly in your sleep.

Do the same form (kata etc.) over and over and over!!! Don't change it up until you have that one programmed.

It's how I learned to block, and since I practice Wushu it is very fundamental to be able to react without thought.

Remember, repetition is key.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Find a good tai chi teacher. I was always a little above average when it came to sports and moving. Tai chi however, has taught me to let go of body tension, relax my muscles and build balance and core strength. I now catch glasses or other items that fall off the counter or table in mid stream. I don't even think about it. It taught me to be able to anticipate the movements of others to the point where I can slip and turn out of the way before any weight can land on me. It builds a sense of sensitivity that at the highest levels borders on magical. Trying to push my teacher is like trying to push a flag. He can't be found.
Do you get the sense I like tai chi???? No I'm not going to try to sell you something.

Relaxation is the key to speed. Watch a cheetah run in slow motion, it's muscles are fluidic and fully relaxed even at 60 mph. That is natural movement that we should try to emulate.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
practice practice practice.

The human body is incredible. We can adapt to almost anything. Throw a tennis ball against a wall, start out with straight throws so the ball come back at you straight, except for the downward angle due to gravitational pull, catch it.

start to change the angle of the original throw but stay predictable so you will still catch the ball most of the time if not always.

Do the same pattern but now use your opposite hand to catch the ball.

Once you get to the point where you never miss the catch you now can start to change the angle and velocity of the throw to create an unpredictable bounce to force your reactions into catching the ball. Progression though is what is the key here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join