It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I train my reflexes/reaction time and hand-eye coordination?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would like to get better at all the listed, so I can think quickly in tough situations.

What are the best ways to train reflexes/reaction time, and hand-eye coordination?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Funny this thread comes up...I was just teasing my girlfriend because her reflexes are insanely slow.

So yea...two people wondering how to improve these!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
play first first shooter games online, i fidn thats made me alot better at all three of what you need.

Its been proven to work aswel.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
video games have been proven to improve hand eye coordination, or you could do the more benefiting one and do some sort of martial arts, hand eye coordination goes hand in hand with reflexes

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

check it out..........

www.wisegeek.com...

table tennis works great!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I say you need too have a decent diet. Eliminate anything containing aspartame.

Get sufficient vitamin c (1gram minimum).

And stay hydrated, because hydration helps alot.

Start going on some jogs. Play light sports, tennis or something. If you want something a little more serious, get into parkout/free running.

Practice makes perfect.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Get you a good first person shooter

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
play Halo or Call Of Duty , my reflexes have gotten amazing in the past 6 years

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I did a science fair projeft on this awhile back.

With hand coordination, I found that if someone takes a ruler, or some long object and they put it about 6 inches high from their hand, and you take your thumb and forefinger and make a claw, drop the object in between your thumb and forefinger, and catch it as fast a s you can. A ruler works well cus you can tell whether you have good coordination. If you catch it between 1 inch and five inches, that is pretty good hand coordination. Keep doing it. That is just a simple way for hand coordination. If that makes any sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Juggling.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

OMG...That's the first time I have ever seen anything like that.

Any videos of those guys checking into the emergency room?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

practice being chased through a giant jungle gym

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
I say you need too have a decent diet. Eliminate anything containing aspartame.

Get sufficient vitamin c (1gram minimum).

And stay hydrated, because hydration helps alot.

Start going on some jogs. Play light sports, tennis or something. If you want something a little more serious, get into parkout/free running.

Practice makes perfect.

I'm already somewhat in to parkour. I would do it more if it wasn't so cold out.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Juggling is excellent for all of those things!

Good fun as well, it's calming and a real bonus is that you don't flinch so much when things come close to your face (as you learn you do hit your face a lot!)

I have a set of 3 balls now that weigh 800g each, that may not sound a lot but each 'pattern' (3 throws and 3 catches) would be throwing 2.4kg however high your pattern is (usually around eye level)... So you can see pretty soon I could of easily notched up throwing and catching a ton on average about a meter, it works all your muscles especially when you start mixing it up and having fun (it's all about the fun!). - Of course don't get balls that heavy till your confident, they are filled with steel shot I think, they would easily break your nose!!! And that is a real possibility. - But don't get silly cheep light balls either you want a bit of weight, something like the ones on this page

I can also juggle clubs, fire and knives - I can actually juggle 3 different sized kitchen knives - that take concentration and I don't recommend that at all...

Also the other things like diablo are a lot of fun - not done that since I was a kid.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
juggle two bouncy balls upside down.(not you, the way of juggeling) so they hit the floor.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
free running video ganes excercise many other things.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I would say "take vinpocetine"...you can get it cheaply from Vitamin Research Products, among others, no doubt...it puts more blood into your brain by specifically dilating the smooth muscles in the walls of the brain's vascular system, and also it increases the cerebral ATP metabolism...it makes you smarter (+improved memory, eyesight, + hearing) when you're taking it, and statistically, higher IQ is correlated with quicker reaction times...thus (though I haven't made the experiment, on reaction times, myself) I would expect it would increase your speed, easy as that...

If you do order it, be advised, if you take too much it doesn't work..."less is more" with this one, not "if some is good, then more is better" (ah, excess)...10mg should make you feel dramatically smarter in a couple of hours...if for some reason you don't feel it, then, I would hold off and just take 20mg, the next day...is my advice...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
I did a science fair projeft on this awhile back.

With hand coordination, I found that if someone takes a ruler, or some long object and they put it about 6 inches high from their hand, and you take your thumb and forefinger and make a claw, drop the object in between your thumb and forefinger, and catch it as fast a s you can. A ruler works well cus you can tell whether you have good coordination. If you catch it between 1 inch and five inches, that is pretty good hand coordination. Keep doing it. That is just a simple way for hand coordination. If that makes any sense.

*big grin*

I remember doing this in 8th or 9th grade science class.

We used a 1-foot ruler, and my partner had to drop it 5 times before I caught any part of it

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For reaction time and speed I train my quick twitch muscles by doing weights as fast as I can and as hard as I can.
Hand eye co-ordination just do alot of sparring with someone fast who keeps moving the pads around unpredictably.
Another thing is get a bag that moves around alot and try to keep hitting it in the same spot regardless of where it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join