It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fractal Nature of Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Seems like the opposite is true to me. Nothing in nature repeats. Each part of nature is unique.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Exactly -- because the asymmetric complementary opposites are based on desire. So external reality is a resonance of our internal holographic mind-body perception. The "eternal return of the same" will never happen because each perception is a projection of our internalized desired at that moment. The holographic vortex of reality -- the rainbow vortex -- is instantaneously breaking up and rebuilding Nature through this abstract "empty awareness" as the process of complementary opposite resonance. So we can not "see" reality -- yet what we do perceive is never the same -- ever fresh, ever new.

reply to post by Blaine91555

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You are right, but at the same time if you didn't know it was there or what your looking for then you won't notice the patterns. You almost have to shown first.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
@SeeingBlue This pattern simply exists in geometric function which the entire third dimensional reality is composed of. Molecules, organisms all arrange themselves within atomic geometry that naturally forms from atomic stacking. All manner of geometry cascades from light waves bouncing, atoms forming salt crystals, water freezing into ice. Geometric function is a naturally occurring function of time/space.

As to it's philosophical meanings, we can simply add interpretation and metaphors to have it suit a model of an idea we may have.

@drew hempel All of what you are saying I do agree with. Where we agree to disagree is probably when it comes down to process fractals which are not mathematical equations rather conscious iterations. You are right that our perception of reality creates fractals. The human brain as it renders out sensory input exists closer to a digital rendering from a biological computer then a silicon computer. The fundamental number crunching to render a third dimensional experience from the data may be totally bound to mathematical fact as a reoccurring constant in computation.

It is very plausible that the mathematical fractal exists inside this cognitive reality as a naturally occurring result of how information is processed as a requirement to anything that needs to act as a rendering farm. I am really going to sharpen my theory that a cellular neuron acts as a node in massive neural network that completes a massive rendering farm called the brain which has a function to render a model of reality from perception.

I do enjoy struggling to understand this obvious and fundamental relationship to data processing that nature has already figured out and man is just starting to grasp with technology and super-computing. We are far behind what nature has already invented when it comes down to super-computers. The brain is already being coined a “Quantum super-computer” because of the quantum dipole observed states happening at the alpha/beta tublin within the carbon atom pairs when the brain organizes incoherent energy into coherent photons.

The same holds true that it takes in incoherent reality data from sensory stimuli and turns it into a coherent reality model.

What is interesting to note is a dipole represents the geometric model I drafted above and I am just realizing that now.

@Blaine91555 Unique, but self-simular to everything else. The snowflake fractal for example fits your belief in that idea.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Seems like the opposite is true to me. Nothing in nature repeats. Each part of nature is unique.

So replicating cells would not count as repetition in nature?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I would just like to add that we have found the biological proof that is going to bridge the gap between physics and our understanding of reality.

Look at this research from Dr. Rick Strassman:

www.rickstrassman.com...

Dimethyltryptamine ('___' for short) is a psychedelic in the same family as Lysurgic Acid Diethylamide ('___'), and Psylocibin (shrooms).

'___' is faster acting than '___' or Psylocibin, its "trip" generally lasts about 30 minutes with effects wearing off completely in about 1 hour. '___' is also far more potent that either '___' or Psylocibin. IT generally induces what appears to be astral projection, and near death type experiences in users.

The beauty of '___' is that the human being produces it in the pineal gland. There are two moments in life when people produce this compound, once during fetal formation in the womb after about 6 weeks of conception; and again during death.

'___' is our gateway to the "higher dimensions" that we are beginning to recognize through quantum physics.

I would also like to add that I do believe through meditation, human beings produce large amounts of '___' when people report astral projection experiences. Personally I have astrally projected before and about a year later I found Strassman's research only to be blown away because the '___' "trip" seems to mirror exactly the experience that I had.

So just give it a look and see what you think:

www.thespiritmolecule.com...

[edit on 1/9/2010 by dalan.]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've done '___' through ayahausca analog -- the trip lasts 5 hours -- not 5 minutes as compared to smoking. Taking it through ingestion is much more powerful as Terrance McKenna readily admitted.

There's different types of '___' sources and the one I did mimosa is stronger than what's used in ayahausca. But more importantly I did it while in full-lotus using my third eye to test the power of the '___'.

What happened is that the kundalini was fully activated -- which means the orgasmic bliss was insanely amazing. Also I heard gun shots and my brain exploded with light. Then everything after that was rainbows -- as a vortex.

I call this the rainbow vortex of reality -- and I just had to stay in full-lotus to maximize the effect. I didn't threw up until after a couple hours or so -- it's hard to tell because I had no motor function on any conscious level. I would have waves of consciousness which would go into left-brain dominance just long enough for me to formulate a question or thought and then I was immediately sucked back into the rainbow vortex.

This is called '___' hyperspace -- is it a fractal?

Again if you watch math Professor Steve Strogatz on fractals:

www.youtube.com... --

In fact even the "infinite geometry" of mathematics is "finite" because the magnification of scale is a way of changing space through time -- or measuring time as spatial distance. So the infinite time is always contained within space.

Whereas the quantum time-frequency uncertainty principle reveals that this is not true -- whenever frequency is measured as spatial distance then you actually lose the concept of infinite time.

But in nonwestern music the concept of frequency is not determined by spatial time measurement. So time is not a distance as it is in Western measurement -- speed is distance change. In Taoism the yang is the Perfect 5th ratio as 2:3 and the Perfect 4th ratio as 3:4 is yin -- so you LISTEN to this process of complementary opposites -- just as in quantum physics there is violation of commutative property. In nonwestern music -- G x C does not equal C x G, as C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:4 -- the same in Taoism. So that's why the Western changed time to a spatial measurement for symmetric mathematical equations -- which the Golden Ratio is an example of.

For example to have the closed form of the Golden Ratio you have to have a quadratic solution but you can only do so by REVERSING THE ORDER of the harmonic ratios. Originally the Golden Ratio was for the Greeks -- A is to B as B is to A plus B. This had to be changed so that the last term was "A minus B." According to Western science this change of order does not matter but in quantum physics is DOES matter -- because the order that you make the measurement of time as spatial distance changes the value of the spatial measurement.

In Taoism there is no technology to make the measurement -- so there's no need to convert the complementary opposite ratios of time back to a symmetric spatial measurement -- which again is what a fractal is. Symmetric self-symmetry -- the Golden Ratio being 1 plus 1 divided by 1 -- as an infinite continued fraction. It's the slowest converging irrational number and so has the least stability and therefore enables the most growth of spatial form as diversity. But that is still a finite form of space -- but if you realize that the numbers are actually complementary opposites then the "one" is not a number -- it resonates as a converging fraction 1:2:3.... and the reverse in Taoism as 3:4 is not the same value as 3:4 in symbolic axiomatic logic because it violates the commutative property.

I've actually corresponded with Professor Strogatz about this a bit.

The Golden Ratio change from A:B::B:A + B to A:B::B:A – B for Plato’s Academy fails to satisfy the algebraic solution of B squared even though it can provide the Fibonacci number series. For example quantum chaos Professor Ian Stewart in his new about on how all of science is based on symmetry, Why Beauty is Truth: A History of Symmetry (2007) states that the order of the symbols can be changed around in solving the quadratic equation, if there is no concern about negative or positive values. But in music ratios, based on asymmetry, changing the order of the symbols has a direct consequence on the meaning of the terms since C to G is 2:3 while G to C is 3:4. Kepler understood and rejected this changing of the order of infinity because A + B is converted to A- B even though the two expressions have a different square value. Plato and Euclid relied on this concept of negative infinity, using the quadratic zero, to justify the changing of the order, but in the Pythagorean natural overtones – the Law of Pythagoras - the female principle comes first and one is therefore not a number. For Kepler, the method of exhaustion, derived from “Plato’s Theory of Numbers,” (for the square root of two, the ratio of the triangle diagonal to the side as an infinite fraction series converging on the irrational, by alternately greater and less ratios) exposes the inherent Pythagorean complimentary opposites of evolution – the male and female principles. (“Plato's Theory of Number,” by Ivor Bulmer-Thomas, The Classical Quarterly, 1983). So for the Golden Ratio of A:B::B:A-B the result is A * A - B equals 2, 3, 10, 24, 65, 168 while B squared equals 1, 4, 9, 25, 64, 169 creating the male-female (complimentary opposite) convergence. (“Kepler’s Celestial Music,” in Studies in Musical Science in the Late Renaissance, 1975, Warburg Institute, Oxford University).

O.K. so for "quantum consciousness" you want to consider Hameroff and Penrose who utilize Godel's Theorem - which is the same logic as the "time-frequency uncertainty principle." Science is not the truth but it's the great myth of our times - myth being what we really believe is reality.

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... Here's the Hameroff vids, etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
@SeeingBlue This pattern simply exists in geometric function which the entire third dimensional reality is composed of. Molecules, organisms all arrange themselves within atomic geometry that naturally forms from atomic stacking. All manner of geometry cascades from light waves bouncing, atoms forming salt crystals, water freezing into ice. Geometric function is a naturally occurring function of time/space.

I understand that, but why? You think there are other places where geometry doesn't apply, or something different?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I have read a lot about it. Ketamine is also something that induces NDE like experiences. Personally, I have no experience with either at this time.

@Drew Hemple: Very excellent post as usual. Everything we discuss in the fractal nature of reality has mathematical potential for us to realize.

@SeeingBlue: The geometry fits our visual construct of reality and there is still sounds, feelings and other thoughts within the qualia of experience where perhaps geometry is transformed into other systems of experience.

There is so much to the reality experience that takes fractal possibilities to all sorts of abstract perception. Tasting color and seeing sound for example.

I like to reduce it all to an information system that we interpret a model of reality from.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

function in Indian philosophy

TITLE: Indian philosophy
SECTION: The linguistic philosophies: Bhartrihari and Mandana-Mishra

...Metaphysically, Bhartrihari comes close both to Shankara’s Advaita and the Buddhist philosophers, such as Dharmakirti. This metaphysical theory also uses the doctrine of sphota (“that from which the meaning bursts forth”). Most Indian philosophical schools were concerned with the problem of what precisely is the bearer of the meaning of a word... www.britannica.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

naughtthought.wordpress.com...
'The relation between immanence and transcendence is complicated by the transcendence utilized or absorbed by immanence as well as whether or not transcendence is de-transcendentalized by being constitutive. Or as Reid puts it: “we must distinguish between the a priori conditions that are thought by concepts as immanent transcendentals, and the transcendental immanence that synthesizes concept and object.”'
Without a self conscious being there although never seen but conscious, all the understandings fall into the web of maya mirroring fractal led sum-like different languages or neuron-logoi playing 'free' moving-axions as 'volution' in/tru some absoluteness of mem-esis-solution

top topics

<< 1   >>

join