It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Roswell Tell-All : The General's Widow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I mean after all if she was the type of woman that would use sex to try to get information out of her husband, would she not be the type of woman to tell stories for attention, or money?

Women throughout history have used their feminine charms to get what they want from their husbands , you cannot cast aspersions on her character for that . I would guess that most men on ATS have had wife's or girlfriends use the same tactic as leverage to get what they want , I know I have , I also know that it doesn't mean that the wife or girlfriend is any less trustworthy .

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Glen Dennis was a liar.

Not saying that's not the case, just haven't come across any relevant material.

Would be interested and appreciative if you could expand ?

www.roswellfiles.com...

Former mortician Glenn Dennis and the elusive nurse, Naomi Self, who supposedly witnessed alien autopsies at the base hospital is one of the best-known elements of the 1947 Roswell event. Although I know and like Glenn Dennis on a personal level, I have to say that his story has lost all credibility. Glenn, incidentally, has been fully aware of the fact that researchers have been spending time and resources in an effort to locate a Naomi Self.

There was already significant circumstantial evidence to indicate that no such nurse ever existed, when a diligent young researcher from Arizona, Vic Golubic, all but confirmed the fact. He located the records of the Cadet Nurse Corps, where all nurses for the military were trained during the mid-1940s. When Golubic checked with Dennis about the correct spelling of Self and informed him about the Cadet Nurse Corps records, Dennis changed his story, telling Golubic that Self was not really the correct last name after all. Dennis, without giving a good reason for not doing so, also refused to tell Golubic the real last name. Sorry, Glenn, end of story.

And that's from somebody who knows and likes him!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How on earth do you go from "pillow talk" to using sex to get information from her husband ?

My wife does it all the time
Costs me a small fortune

Cheers
mrix

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am going to be blunt and honest about confessions like this. When I hear the so maniest story about some kind of 'insider' about a speculative case I am always sceptic because of many reasons.

- It is very hard to prove that the so called person is actually exiting in the first place
- If the so called person exists it may not be the same person saiing it (identity theft)
- Even if the person is saiing it then it might still nog be true. Alteriour motives may exist like money or false information spreading.

This story right here in the op get's not even past rule 1 & 2 not even to mention rule 3. It is too easy to act like someone else just for fun or other alterior motives. How many 'witnesses' have we seen that have told about Roswell? Every month a new witness appears and the number by now must be huge. A proper background check would be in place when seiing a witness. For instance, call the actual person and call various administrations to see whether it all checks out. Then check that persons reasons to give this information very carefully and see if that person makes money out of it. It is a lot of work and the result will still be somewhat half baked but if you just believe witnessstories about cases such as Roswell then you are a littlebit naief I believe.

btw, check my signature for it is true.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by AncientShade]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Reading the short snippet from the OP she mentions that White Sands also identified or in this case didn't identify the object. Anyone know if that has ever been verified?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

well boss, you can stop the dis-info campaign... I've personnally seen 3.
and what book deal...? and let me tell you, they are not from earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Well remember the Roswell story didn't get told until 30 years after the fact, not a word was spoken about it.

There was local chatter but nothing close to big publicity until the 1970s, with Stanton Friedman's chance encounter with a stranger telling him about Marcel. But that makes sense it took many years before the story got out.

For example, the fact that the Allies had broken many important Axis crypto systems during WW2, wasn't known until decades later. It was still top secret until the 60's or 70's because many countries were still using the compromised systems ! In the 1940's, the recovery of alien technology would be more classified than nuclear weapons technology or cryptography.

I'm sure anyone that saw a UFO or alien associated with the Roswell incident, got sworn to secrecy and threatened with unimaginable consequences for talking about what they saw.

That's why the public affairs officer, Lt Haut, the man who actually sent the report on the press wire to the world, that the Roswell Field had recovered a flying saucer, gave a sworn affidavit that was revealed upon his death, that he did see alien bodies with his own eyes, and an egg shaped spaceship, and that everyone was ordered not to talk.

He had to wait until death to reveal what he knew. It maybe hard for some to relate to the concept of highly compartmented intelligence, but the best way to describe it is information that can be so classified and sensitive, not even the POTUS is authorized access. Programs at A-51 fall under that category. Doesn't that sound weird ? There are military secrets and defense technology, the President, aka commander in chief, is not allowed to know.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

just leads to more perplexing questions. like, "they don't want you to know because we shot it down...how the hell were we supposed to know it was jesus? now we're all screwed..."

[edit on 9-1-2010 by reject]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

it does seem like the widow is trying to get money from this.

why dont they give her a lie detector test. it would anser that quickly. i think roswell was a actual incident but there is far more to the story than we know.

good post.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Even if you throw this one out, how many thousand anecdotal reports does it take before objective people recognize that there is truth and potential reality in a good many of these incidents? Yeah, I know about the Collective Unconscious, and how it relates to the possible origins of mythology. I understaqnd all the arguments about what the heck is reality anyway, but come on folks. I'm skeptical myself, but for some of these clowns to call such claims false out of hand is ridiculous. Physicists don't know everything. Nothing can go faster than the speed of light, then they turn around and talk about quarks and anti-particles that go faster than light speed. Which is it? They make the rules up as they go along, and if something doesn't work out, they just change their equations so the answer they want "fits". What I would love is for someone like Phil Klass to have one land in his back yard, and he goes out there and touches it and "kicks the tires". What would be hilarious is how he would try to rationally explain why he didn't see or touch what he did see and touch. AAAAaaaarrrrrggghhh...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Well remember the Roswell story didn't get told until 30 years after the fact, not a word was spoken about it. Now I do believe she has a motive, and I believe it's finacial! No, I don't have any proof to back that up, it's experience and sort of logical to me, I mean after all if she was the type of woman that would use sex to try to get information out of her husband, would she not be the type of woman to tell stories for attention, or money?

If you actually had done your research you would know that, that statement is completely erroneous. The whole tale had been told to a civilian witness in 1974.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The numerous testimonies regarding the Roswell Incident being ETs are very compelling. The more you read about it, the more the Roswell Incident points to being ETs.

And I don't believe for a second that they are all just out to make money. That is a completely nonsensical argument that skeptics use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join