It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Native American Rights Under Assault

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sorry if I'm missing something but it just occured to me. Do these laws that protect people in winter simply not have any jurisdictional authority since native reserves are seen as soveign?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That is exactly the appropriate action.

Since the Americans aren't upholding their end of the bargain, the property should be repossessed for failure to pay (provide electricity). After all, as we've heard the bankers say, a contract is sacred and can't be broken without consequence.

The dam should be taken and the power shut off until the lands are restored to their rightful owners and the monies generated from their illegal sale put into tribal coffers.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

As I pointed out many of these dams and huge power plants were built on tribal lands... here in New Mexico the four corners power plants all sit on Navajo land and supply electricity to Las Vegas and LA... take those power plants out and a big chunk of America gets thrown back to the dark ages... the result would be nothing short of medieval…

we NA's would have little trouble winning that war in this day and age... just flip the kill switch and let human nature deal with the problem for us

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Exactly my point.

A new Indian War definitely wouldn't go the same way as the past ones have.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Well, IMO, the elephant in the room is that government contracts were not honoured. I don't know the exact details but for example I know the canadian government collects taxes from corporations on native land, when in fact if native land is sovereign, it should be going to them.
Not sure though, I think that natvies are getting something out of the deal...it's a very confusing thing.
What you'll find is native claims will skyrocket in an area where there is economic speculation.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I point out that it is utterly unnecessary to try to take over power plants. The same result can be accomplished by a hike with mylar party ballons and a tank of helium. A cluster of balloons can lift a wire to short out power lines in a heartbeat. Such an attack would be impossible to stop or defend against. Twenty such in succession would not only be impossible to defend, the net result would be defeat in a matter of days or weeks at most.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

If you would like to know who is really behind it, watch the "Ring of Power" also known as "The Hidden Empire" at;

1984news.com...

I think you will find that most "Americans" will support the war against aggression by TPTB and to bring these families to justice.

I spent most of my youth growing up on a Res. and my nanny was NA and was great. (My mom and dad both worked 2 jobs and there was 5 of us kids). I loved the harvest and elders speaking around the fire. Miss it a lot.

Sad that the government pushed alcohol on the Res. too. I think if the Tribes (I hate using that word) got together, they could deal a serious blow to the government in desolving ALL treaties and reclaiming their land outright. I would go for that, wanted to see it for a long time, well overdue.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I think that the idea of sovereignty on Native land in Canada is a little more than confusing. Native land is Federal Land which is owned and self governed by the Tribe it belongs to. The charter applies in some situations, but does not in other ones... I:E: in some Quebec Cree Reserves, they can search your car for alcohol, drugs, or contraband at roadblocks as you enter the reserve without a warrant. If you refuse, they'll turn you around. Some Cree nations in Quebec can refuse you entry onto the reserve without first getting permission from the Band Council. You can get "kicked out" of an Inuit village in Northern Quebec if you are not Inuit (extreme cases where people sell booze or are delinquents).

I admit it is a very very complicated thing because if you look at the Inuit, they are NOT on federal land. The Quebec Inuit have their own government (Kativik Regional Government) which is funded by Canada and Quebec and the police have the same powers as the police anywhere else in Canada... It's very confusing and I don't really have a good answer other than examples...

Something to look up though!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
it's a foul situation....and my question, is WHAT REALLY CAN BE DONE TO RECTIFY THIS?

and that question is not a "throw up my hands and walk away" one, what card does the people who were living here prior to colonization have, that will change this and possibly many issues concerning the original near extermination/relocation.

it's really a sad state of affairs.....i don't like it one bit.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by lilwolf

Fulfilling a campaign pledge, President Obama welcomed nearly 400 tribal leaders to his White House Tribal Nations Conference on and assured them that his support of Native issues is genuine and his historic summit is no mere "lip service" to Indian Country.

Well it looked to me like that little crying toddler in the vid is still waiting to see something other than more "Lip Service"!

Now is the time to put up or shut up Obama... The World is watching what you'll do next...

That is all it will ever be... lip service.... and this guy thinks we ought to trust the white mans government and its laws???

If he does he must think us to be fools....

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Every president KNOWS the Native people are not fools, that is why they have tried alcohol and drugs to subdue and misdirect the attention of the Original inhabitants of this country. They are literally scared sh)tless of an uprising or a dissolution of all treaties, which should be done.

The only way to take back what is rightfully yours is to all come together and have a meeting, pow-wow or whatever, get the Shamans to instruct the peoples to all dance in unison to bring the power back unto you. It was explained in the documentary "Kymatica" how the english wiped out all the native tribes wherever they went because they somehow knew that the natives had an invisible power and a "oneness" with the land. It scared the crap out of the Europeans.

Let's do it again. I used to go to Ames Iowa for the festival, i.e. pow-wow. Miss going. Have been to Navaho land too, great people. Am currently in Ojibwa area, love these people.

Some call me "Out-Fox"

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
reply to post by lilwolf

Every president KNOWS the Native people are not fools, that is why they have tried alcohol and drugs to subdue and misdirect the attention of the Original inhabitants of this country. They are literally scared sh)tless of an uprising or a dissolution of all treaties, which should be done.

The only way to take back what is rightfully yours is to all come together and have a meeting, pow-wow or whatever, get the Shamans to instruct the peoples to all dance in unison to bring the power back unto you. It was explained in the documentary "Kymatica" how the english wiped out all the native tribes wherever they went because they somehow knew that the natives had an invisible power and a "oneness" with the land. It scared the crap out of the Europeans.

Let's do it again. I used to go to Ames Iowa for the festival, i.e. pow-wow. Miss going. Have been to Navaho land too, great people. Am currently in Ojibwa area, love these people.

Some call me "Out-Fox"

well put..... you sound very much like a man that burns with a red heart...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf

Originally posted by daddio
reply to post by lilwolf

Some call me "Out-Fox"

well put..... you sound very much like a man that burns with a red heart...

I absolutely need to second that!

Peace,

Magnum

top topics

<< 1   >>

join