It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting president's eligibility questioned by member of congress

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is a saying; "You can't fight crazy"

I suppose it's probably right...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am just saying. I think Obama is a lot safer than his possible replacements...

and those are 2 scary replacements.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Gargamel

Originally posted by grahag
reply to post by Gargamel

Again, more straws and semantics. If the hospital says it's valid, then that plus his confirmation is good enough for me. For all the rabid folks calling out questioning his citizenship, I don't see even his most rabid mainstream critics calling out on their own for this anymore. Sure they'll skirt around it and think they're clever, but they just know they're riling up the crazies to call for it. Planting the seeds of discontent is the easiest way for them to get people to question authority...

Sorry it's not good for you, but to me it just looks like you complaining that your guy/gal lost and you'll glom onto anything that might give you that second chance...

Seeing as I am not American I don't have a guy or gal. The POTUS offices decisions affect many nations and I just feel that there is enough doubt that the prudent thing to do would be to provide what is being asked for i.e the long form of his BC. What is so sinister about this request? Why leave room for doubt even if it is crazies that are in doubt, after all being crazy in some peoples opinion does not make the evasiveness of the question posed any less concerning.

This issue has been thrown out of court MANY times already, it is a waste of tax payer
money and it is being used as a political tool.

Here is the certificate, it is a legally binding state document

www.factcheck.org...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Janky Red]

Yes it is a legal document that at the time people not born in Hawaii could obtain. That is the crux of this whole jig. The only thing that could 100% squash these inquiries is the long form birth certificate, not the certificate of live birth. Why is it hard to understand that people want this document verified.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
Yes it is, but you do not like it. Obama has shown his certificate, it is available for anyone to see, but you keep whining about it as it has nothing at all to do with the certificate, but his colour

What a bunch of BS... his color has NOTHING to do with it.... Obama and his entire administration embody EVERYTHING that is anti-American.... That's the main reason for all of this...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

I am just saying. I think Obama is a lot safer than his possible replacements...

and those are 2 scary replacements.

I understood,

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

There is a saying; "You can't fight crazy"

I suppose it's probably right...

Ya, I'm out myself

HAVE fun, can't wait to see the next thread next week

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

reply to post by Gargamel

Again, more straws and semantics. If the hospital says it's valid, then that plus his confirmation is good enough for me. For all the rabid folks calling out questioning his citizenship, I don't see even his most rabid mainstream critics calling out on their own for this anymore. Sure they'll skirt around it and think they're clever, but they just know they're riling up the crazies to call for it. Planting the seeds of discontent is the easiest way for them to get people to question authority...

Sorry it's not good for you, but to me it just looks like you complaining that your guy/gal lost and you'll glom onto anything that might give you that second chance...

Seeing as I am not American I don't have a guy or gal. The POTUS offices decisions affect many nations and I just feel that there is enough doubt that the prudent thing to do would be to provide what is being asked for i.e the long form of his BC. What is so sinister about this request? Why leave room for doubt even if it is crazies that are in doubt, after all being crazy in some peoples opinion does not make the evasiveness of the question posed any less concerning.

This issue has been thrown out of court MANY times already, it is a waste of tax payer
money and it is being used as a political tool.

Here is the certificate, it is a legally binding state document

www.factcheck.org...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Janky Red]

Yes it is a legal document that at the time people not born in Hawaii could obtain. That is the crux of this whole jig. The only thing that could 100% squash these inquiries is the long form birth certificate, not the certificate of live birth. Why is it hard to understand that people want this document verified.

I understand the this issue keeps getting thrown out in court, as in the system we have created to handle such matters, it is a waste of money and it is a farce.

Good day

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am on the fence on this one. I am glad it wasn't Michele Bachman that wrote the letter. We don't need that kind of heat.

Hal

Somebody step on a duck?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's not surprising that another racist redneck republican is angry that a black man is in office. You people are truly sick and need help. This country is more racist today than back in the slavery days, it's absolutely pathetic. If Obama was white you would never in a trillion years question his eligibility, yeah none of you are racist at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Have you all noticed something?... We have had even black Americans readily questioning Obama's eligibility as president, and more so because of his decisions yet you still have idiots claiming "you are all just white racists'...yet these people don't want to admit that we are black, hispanic, asian, white... The American's who question Obama's eligibility are from ALL races...I guess we are all "racists" to these idiots...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
this is my take on the whole racist thing, because i think its something that just a myth anyway.

if someone speaks against Zionism, they are anti-Semite.

if someone questions the presidents eligibility, they are racist.

really, we cant question our elected leaders on without being labeled as such? were never going to progress if we keep up on the racism remarks. its a valid inquiry, and nothing more.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
It's not surprising that another racist redneck republican is angry that a black man is in office. You people are truly sick and need help. This country is more racist today than back in the slavery days, it's absolutely pathetic. If Obama was white you would never in a trillion years question his eligibility, yeah none of you are racist at all.

If Obama were white, he would have not been tapped on the shoulder during a block party and told he was going to be president.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You may as well say that there is definately something wrong with Obama's Presidency eligibility. It is so easy to put this whole mess at ease and yet, Obama will not comply.

What's wrong with someone producing a Birth Certificate proviing where and when they were born? Most people have to do it at some time of their lives, why not Obama?

So, I would say, just by the Omission of the said "Birth Certificate", that Obama is not legally allowed to be President.

He could put this whole thing to rest so simply and why is he not doing it? This is what makes him Guilty in my eyes and I'm sure in a lot of others as well. In a Court Of Law he would be found Guilty if he coudn't produce this Certificate or indeed prove where he was born.

Why are the American Public not getting Outraged over this? What has Obama really done while he's been in Office?

He broke a lot of his Promises and Lied about what he was going to do. So why do the American Public put up with it? I guess if I was an American in America, I'd be really afraid of "Sticking Up" for my rights.

Anyhow, there's something wrong in the works when someone can win the Nobel Prize without working for it. It's like winning Lotto without putting in a ticket. How can these things happen? No-one of any significance even had the Balls to get up aand reaally crtisize this Choice for the Nobel.

Could it be that the Nobel Prize had been a Distraction? There are and were, more people deserving of this Prize than Obama.

To put it mildly, none of this is any of my business, I suppose. I'm just curious and in this day and age, that could be very Dangerous..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The people playing the race card don't really believe it themselves,

I mean really, that is so last year.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yes it is a legal document that at the time people not born in Hawaii could obtain.

No it is not, what makes you think that?

Why is it hard to understand that people want this document verified.

It has been verified, but that is not enough for you

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
The people playing the race card don't really believe it themselves,

I mean really, that is so last year.

Just like the birther movement...

link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
What's wrong with someone producing a Birth Certificate proviing where and when they were born? Most people have to do it at some time of their lives, why not Obama?

he has produced it, why notaccept it?

So, I would say, just by the Omission of the said "Birth Certificate", that Obama is not legally allowed to be President

He has produced it, but you ignore it

He could put this whole thing to rest so simply and why is he not doing it?

he has done it...

In a Court Of Law he would be found Guilty if he coudn't produce this Certificate or indeed prove where he was born.

except that he has done both already, why do you refuse to accept that?

Why are the American Public not getting Outraged over this?

Because there is nothing to get outraged about! (except some people are outraged that a black man was voted POTUS)

link   
reply to post by dereks

Let me ask you this dereks, If the BC had been verified, why are Obama's lawyers fighting it being released to the public?

Paying out up to $2,000,000 of taxpayer money to hide documents?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It is their only argument/defense albeit a bad one.Can you imagine if they had to stick to the topic and state facts?It would look like this;
He showed his long form bir..........um no
He closed git.................no
He doesn't have lobbyist in his admin.........oh yeah forget that one.
He has united the two party'................never mind
He didn't raise taxes.on any one earning less than 200........... well they're not called taxes but
His administration has been transp........no
He got Chicago the olymp.........er
Well the climate summ............um

He one the Nobel Peace prize!(nominated on his 12th day in office)
What a great president.I think I just depressed my self more.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Man, there are still idiots out there that are holding onto this birther crap?

wow.

Can any of you imagine the Clinton Machine letting Obama beat Hillary if this birther stuff was legitimate? No way. That machine had the best investigative pros in the world on payroll. If they didn't find it, it doesn't exist. Obama is an American citizen, and he was born in Hawaii. If he wasn't, Hillary would be president right now. End of discussion.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by NorEaster]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by NorEaster]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join