It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sea Shepherd Ship Collision, Video

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sea Shepherd Ship Collision



Just heard about this last night, that boat looks expensive.
www.youtube.com...




Don't know what I am doing wrong, can't get video to post,

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]




posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   


There you go.



[edit on 6-1-2010 by DrumsRfun]



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It was the Ady Gil.

Some news outlets are reporting it was the Bob Barker, which was a ship he donated 5 mil to be aquired.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by muggl3z]



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   


The boat looks like a prop from a TV show. I am amazed that the fishing vessel actually rammed it. I hope no one was injured.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Don't look too bad, should be able to buff that out.
Wierd looking boat though, looks more like a movie prop. On a serious note, hope no one was hurt.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 



TY so much drums.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


From what I understand everyone was ok.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Actually the bat boat was under power to cut in front of the ship just like they did but i think somebody mis judged their speed. Oh well 5 mill at the bottom of the ocean. Will probably keep the donations down for a few years. Kinda funny when you think of it did they think the ship could stop in 100 feet or less.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Actually the bat boat was under power to cut in front of the ship just like they did but i think somebody mis judged their speed. Oh well 5 mill at the bottom of the ocean. Will probably keep the donations down for a few years. Kinda funny when you think of it did they think the ship could stop in 100 feet or less.


did they think the ship could stop in 100 feet or less.

Good question,

I watched their TV series, I didn't like the captain, I thought he put his crew in danger to many times.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Do people realize these guys (on that boat) did sink a few ships before?

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
hahaha, idiots. Lets crash a small fiberglass boat into a much larger steel ship.


BTW, Batman is gonna be mad you wrecked his boat.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


They are using the old Earthrace Boat that was designed to be partially fueled on FAT!!. Human fat to be exact.

www.earthrace.net...


[edit on 6-1-2010 by jibeho]



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


They are using the old Earthrace Boat that was designed to be partially fueled on FAT!!. Human fat to be exact.

www.earthrace.net...


[edit on 6-1-2010 by jibeho]


Nice looking boat,

Holy cow, where do they harvest the human fat?



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster
 


The Ady Gil (small boat) was actually dead in the water when the larger boat steered for her and rammed.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Do people realize these guys (on that boat) did sink a few ships before?

en.wikipedia.org...



From your link,


On January 5, 2010, Sea Shepherd announced that TV personality Bob Barker had donated $5 million to Sea Shepherd to buy an ex-Norwegian whaling vessel, now named Bob Barker after the donor, and that the ship found the Nisshin Maru Japanese whaling vessel. The Bob Barker raised the Norwegian flag when within range of the Nisshin Maru. The Norwegian flag soon was lowered and the skull bone flag Sea Shepherd flag was raised instead.[12]


Bob Barker?



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
reply to post by sporkmonster
 


The Ady Gil (small boat) was actually dead in the water when the larger boat steered for her and rammed.


I wondered about that.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
reply to post by sporkmonster
 


The Ady Gil (small boat) was actually dead in the water when the larger boat steered for her and rammed.


I stand corrected.

But I still think Batman is gonna be mad his boat got hit.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Don't look too bad, should be able to buff that out.


I don't think so:

en.wikipedia.org...


On January 6, 2010, the Ady Gil was sunk in the Antarctic Ocean after a collision with the Japanese security vessel the Shonan Maru



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


Black market fat from illegal liposuction clinics.



posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


Black market fat from illegal liposuction clinics.


NO doubt,


seriously though, do you have any idea where they get it?

www.forbes.com...

[edit on 113131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join