It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibromyalgia, Cause and Cure

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

No that is false, excess carbohydrates that you do not use turns into stored fat and that is the fat that causes problems in the human body. Dietary fat goes to work or gets flushed out.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
has anyone tried the mucinex theory and found t works or doesnt work .. it does help me a little bit

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hi guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone has tried any of these treatments and had good or bad results, or no difference at all?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
hi just thought ide share .
ive been taking apple cider vinegar for a couple of months now .
persevere it does work tastes horrible but its worth it .
also taking mucinex as it eases my brain fog and eliminates my sinus problems. dont eat wheat .. replace grains with quinoa.
plenty of green tea and freshly squeezed oj ..
aloe vera juice gel ..
dida tablets
avoid tomotoes and peppers at all costs.
organic meat and veg.
massage
lavender and tea tree oils in my bath. and in oil burners around the home.
lemon juice and lime juice and zest in my cooking .
eat plenty of fish . fresh fish .
giggle often
get out into the fresh country air if you can.
head for the beach .. the salt air clears your lungs.
rest when your bad.
i walk my dogs as much as possible its a light excercise

one other thing that helps (well it helps ladies dunno about the men )
make love when ever your up to it .. it releases natural painkillers into the blood stream .. you ll be tired it helps you sleep which inturn makes you feel better the following day .
m fibro still rears its head and i get bad days .
but not as many ..
stick with it .. oh and avoid additives . aspartame cripples me .and no yeast .
give it a whirl what have you got to loose
downside is i have acute chest and lung pain which theyve been treating with antibiotics which havent worked so now the docs are saying thats caused by my fibro too .
also get out into the sunshine its a mood lifter .
motorbike season is here in england now .. ive just taxed my bike . so when the suns out and im up to it ill be blasting along the roads with my fiance it leaves me sore and exhausted for a couple of days after riding the bike .but hey if im gonna leave this world ith one thing its gonna be some fab memories.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia for years, and I was in a lot of pain - a lot - and nothing helped much - the doctors would not give narcotics because they said they were not effective for fibro.

But I did not have fibro.
One day I came down with terrible hives and swelling and got a shot of steriods. Within 2 days I felt 100% well.

I have an autoimmune disorder. I do not like the steriods, but I take 5mg every other day and I have a normal life, no pain, no problems.

It makes me mad really, because for a long time I feel like they wanted to put this diagnosis on me, and forget about me, just write me off.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
A good site that can clear up a lot of the BS about fibromyalgia the quack cures and fake treatments is menwithfibro.com

We have many member that have tried many of the BS cures out there and a lot of information on what causes fibro and what its likely to be.

menwithfibro.com...

The biggest thing we have learned is no two people with fibro respond the same to any treatment/drugs.

And that there are a lot of misinformation out there about fibro.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Funny thing, i searched that site for "borax", "boron" and "flouride" and got 0 hits on each. So it seems this is something you guys haven´t tried yet right?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My wife has this as well. I going to the Swansons after work and pick a few of the things suggested in this thread. Also might try www.ihealthtube.com, this site has stories of people and doctors on using alternate treatments. My videos are 4-15 minutes long.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with fibro among a couple of other things (Myofascial pain syndrome, osteoarthritis and depression). Right now I am taking Lyrica, baclofen when needed and Tramadol. I also self medicate with medical cannabis. I have to say, these things bring my pain levels down from an 8-9 to a 6-7 (out of a 1-10 scale).
The cannabis makes a huge difference for me. Not only does it help with the physical symptoms, it also helps with my anxiety and depression.

I believe my fibro is trauma based. I was in 2 serious car accidents that I was able to walk away from. Since then the pain never went away, only eventually intensified as the years went on. I used to be very fit and athletic (Military shape) and now I can barely keep up with house chores. I think about suicide everyday but I know if I act upon my desires my family will suffer. I just think it's funny how everyone says its selfish to think that way. Isn't it selfish that they want you to suffer to keep them happy? smh, I will never understand that. I am only 26 and have had this pain since I was 16. I don't know how much longer I can take.

I am a firm believer that GMO foods play a HUGE role in chronic pain.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

One things that can really help is Red Light therapy, as it can increase circulation and help to repair cells. It might be something to try along with your other treatments. It was developed by NASA and has been cleared by the FDA for use. I was very skeptical at first, but after a few months, it really helped with pain.

Red Light Therapy

I agree that GMO foods are causing many of our problems. The pain can be very frustrating and it can be very challenging to find things that help, but try to hang in there.

Along with Red Light Therapy, I used many of the other things mentioned in this thread including Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda, Coconut Oil, magnesium, fish oil, cod liver oil, and adrenal supplements. I just started using as many things as possible (things that were safe and made sense) and as the years went on I got better and better, but it took a while. Also, Mucinex (guaifenesin) really helps with pain, as guaifenesin is a muscle relaxant, that has almost no side effects and can be purchased over the counter. Of course, check with your doctor regarding any of the above treatments.

Stress really makes things worse, but most of the stress is caused by the fibro, so it is very hard not to be stressed. This site helped me a lot, and I would still be suffering if I had not found it, but it might not be for everyone.

Release Fibromyalgia

I will not take Lyrica because of the side effects, especially the fact that it destroys brain synapses and several nurses and doctors told me to be very careful with it, but I know it has been a miracle drug for many people. Just wondered if you were aware of this side effect.

You may have thoughts about suicide while taking Lyrica. Your doctor will need to check you at regular visits. Do not miss any scheduled appointments. Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, insomnia, or if you feel agitated, hostile, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Lyrica

I am much better, even though I was told repeatedly that I would only get worse as time went on, so there is hope even if it does not feel like it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing PB.. I will look into the red light therapy.
Yes I was aware of the potential side effects of Lyrica, but I was already suicidal and depressed before I started taking it, and it has only helped take my pain levels down and even helped with my anxiety a bit. For myself the potential benefits outweighed the potential drawbacks.

I have read many places where people have done studies with psilocybin mushrooms and chronic pain. It looks very promising, but I can imagine this will not be something just anyone would be able to take advantage of. Source

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Hi IT-Thanks for sharing the interesting article, as I believe that the natural things found on our planet, like plants and other things, are here for a reason. Also, it seems like natural remedies are safer and less expensive than pharmaceutical drugs...

Know exactly what you mean about just wanting to relieve the pain, and anything that helps is a good thing. Also, even though I am much better, I still have to be careful, as at times I can tell that the muscles want to knot back up, and then it will start all over again.

Peace,
PacificBlue

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Fibromyalgia Humor

Your kid says "Mom, I need a hug" and then automatically climbs up on a chair.
You call your child and spouse "Hey you with the shirt."
You know the generic names for Elavil, Advil, and Percocet and can spell them all.
You stub your toe and it feels like someone dropped a grand piano on your foot.
You get up to change the channel on the TV and figure that while you're up, you'd might as well go to bed.
You're afraid that your doctor will retire, because then you'd need to train a new one.
Your medicine cabinet rivals the pharmacy down the street.
You're scared to take public transportation because the combination of perfumes might just kill you.
The list of foods you shouldn't eat (but probably do anyway) is longer than the list of foods you can and will eat.
Your favourite shoes are ones that don't require you to bend down to put them on. (Love them Birkenstocks!)
You spend more money on your office chair than you do on your computer.
You've tried or researched every supplement/vitamin/herb/snakeoil known to the world of medicine.
At the breakfast table, you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.
Your back goes out but you stay home.
It takes two tries to get up from the couch.
Your idea of "getting lucky" is finding your car keys.
Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work.
Chocolate is a major food group.
You quit eating meat, gluten, dairy, eggs and sugar. And you still don't feel good. (Probably tired from looking for something to eat.)
Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.
You can get lost in the soup aisle.
You own more pillows than socks.
You get the bagboy to help you out with your groceries, have him search for your car (which you can only remember is "blue"), and then realize you took the bus that day.
You think up a bunch of good ones to add to the list, but forget them before you can type them in.
If you try to tell someone about this very funny list you read and you can't remember even one item on it.
If you forward this list to the same person more than once.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join