It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu a Reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Deja Vu is something you have "sensed that you have seen, felt, touched, talked, or been there before. well maybe you have, maybe somehow in another time demension/universe Yourself has experienced something, and by some chance you have experiecned the same thing, you remember it as if you have had that feeling before. its not out of the question. just my thought

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The scientific explanations for "Deja vu" are:

-One eye sees images a milisecond later then the other eye causing for a recognized feeling.

-Or your eye catches images and sends them to your brain which your brain must process for you to understand. science speculates that a problem might occur to in that process where you have seen the image but you have somehow not procest it good enough which gives you the feeling that you have seen or experienced it but that memory is faint.

Personally I don't believe in both theories but I do not think it is a paranormal fenomena. The brain is very complex and very weird things have been known to happen such as people tasting collor or seeing smells. I wouldn't be suprised if deja vu is just another strange fenomena.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I've been having deja vu a lot lately. Ever since they turned the LHC back on... hmmm.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i just made this theory up, its not scientific or anything, it just sounded good in my head

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is more then just Deja Vu which means already seen. There is also Deja reve which means already dreamed. Deja reve describes what is also known as a precognitive dream. The act of dreaming something one day, only to find out days, weeks, months, years later it comes true.

How much of your deja vu is actually deja reve?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
i just made this theory up, its not scientific or anything, it just sounded good in my head

I give you credit for having this idea but it is a common idea in the new age circles. But lets be real here, is it the most plausible answer?

Just like I said the brain is weird and allot of strange things have already happend to people and science could figure it out. The reason why deja vu is more difficult is because its a split second of a feeling nothing more.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

Deja vu is also linked to Temporal Lobe Epilepsy thanks to Dr. Vernon Neppe, and is also linked to reduplicative paramnesia.

Since this is the conspiracy forum, I want to point out that in accidemic circles TPTB and MSS link any paranormal experiences claimed to mental disorders and reject any evidence.

This is by design and is part of project blue book. The goverment knows paranormal reality exists. China, Russia, Germany and the US have a long history of research and real world applications. Just look at the Nazi Vrill society, it is rich in paranormal endevors.

Deja reve is a likely source for many peoples deja vu. Just wait as people respond yes to deja reve for all your anecdotal evidence.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Deja Vu is a slap in the face. A break. A chance to slow down. The message could be translated as "observe and conclude".

Namaste,

Deckard

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
interesting, or maybe its a forewarning

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I browse ATS daily apart from weekends, and when I open up the 'dailystar' link onthis ATS thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I got a really strong sense of Deja vu from the pictures, I know earthquakes happen quite regularly around the world but the pics on this one seemed extremely familiar, down to the girl under the rubble and the pic below of the collapsed building, and the whole layout of the page ( as if I HAD seen it before) and I got a strong sense of DV 'time'from the middle of last year for some reason?.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I would like to know what is the longest period of time anyone has experienced deja vu. I had an episode that lasted about a minute one time, it included knowing what everyone was going to say and do including my feelings as well as knowing that I was about to get my finger slamed in a door which I was helpless to stop. Was as if I were along for the ride not in control of my body or my actions.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have been told that Deja-vu occurs when the brain basically has a "hiccup" and malfunctions for a couple of seconds... causing it to process the image that you have seen twice. Hence you "see" it twice (register it twice).

I experience Deja Vu very seldom but it last for sveral seconds. It is quite a strange experience and I personally believe that I have seen the situation before particularly in my Dreams (not whilst awake). I always say that I remember dreaming about that exact moment.

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogwomp

I have had this feeling too. I'v been sat down just knowing what is about to happen, wether its on t.v or what my girlfriend is about to say/do. Like i'll think im my head "my phones going to ring after this scene on this advert" "tat glass will smash when when i get it out of this red hot water" Its one of the most weirdest feelings i get, and it is a feeling, not a thought for me?

very very weird.

And with the dreaming - i dream the same dreams allot, and its like there on a cycle. I dont remember having the dream when i wake up, but then months down the line i remember having the dream twice, from recalling the dream from that night? Its very weird.

And i strongly believe that there is more than what people are giving up on it, beacue everybody gets it - it has to have something unique about it
, cant it? please

Going to keep my eye on this thread

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It definitly has that dream-like quality about it, no doubt. Like you have dreampt the whole chain of events before. Mine are usually triggered visually first followed by all the auditory stuff, like knowing what people are about to say and stuff, then the emotional aspect. like I knew that was the way I was going to feel. I actually had the "man I just had DV!" as part of the DV one time. Like waking up in a dream, only to still be dreaming.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I get deja vu when i do something that i've already done before.

Weird!!!! And it seems to happen before, during and AFTER the LHC was turned on!!!!!!

Deja Vu is a slap in the face. A break. A chance to slow down. The message could be translated as "You've already checked your lottery ticket you moron why are you checking it again".

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I get deja vu when i do something that i've already done before.

Weird!!!! And it seems to happen before, during and AFTER the LHC was turned on!!!!!!

Deja Vu is a slap in the face. A break. A chance to slow down. The message could be translated as "You've already checked your lottery ticket you moron why are you checking it again".

top topics

join