It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 70% of Americans in favor of U.S. troops in Yemen: poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How about we do a word switch?

Would there be US Advisors and/or trainers on the ground ?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well then I guess the terror storm over christmas has scared American into a false sense of unsecurity once again.

Way to go Obama.

I knew this would happen, just another excuse to attack another country, and they didn't even need to kill anybody this time.

Sept that poor fool in the plane.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by SLAYER69

How about we do a word switch?

Would there be US Advisors and/or trainers on the ground ?

It's really not our fight. Iran has a hand in this rest assured.
The only real support would be air power IMO.
Saudi fighter jets reportedly strike rebel targets in Yemen
posted on 6-11-2009

Reporting from Cairo - Saudi Arabian warplanes attacked Shiite rebel strongholds in northern Yemen on Thursday in a surge of fighting along the border that followed the death of a Saudi security official at the hands of insurgents, according to news reports.

Saudi fighter jets targeted as many as six rebel positions in Yemen and along the mountainous border. Saudi troops reportedly were heading toward the region to secure villages and prevent further cross-border incursions by Houthi rebel forces, which have been sporadically battling the Yemeni government since 2004.

Yemen hails military cooperation deal with US
posted on 11-11-2009

SANAA — Yemen said on Wednesday that it had signed a military cooperation deal with the United States although the US embassy would confirm only that talks had been held on joint counterterrorism efforts.

Yemen's official Saba news agency said that the cooperation agreement was signed during talks in the capital Sanaa on Tuesday between the two countries' militaries.

The news agency also quoted Brigadier General Jeffrey Smith, the commander of the US 5th Signal Command, as renewing Washington's support for Yemen's unity, security and stability.

But US embassy spokeswoman Debrah Smith declined to comment on whether any agreement had been signed.

Yemeni air strike kills 30, targets home of cleric linked to Ft. Hood attack
posted on 24-12-2009

SANAA, Yemen -- Yemeni forces killed at least 30 suspected militants in an airstrike early Thursday on an alleged al-Qaeda hideout in southeastern Yemen, the second such assault in the past week, according to Yemeni security and government sources.

According to some accounts, the strike appeared to target the home of Anwar al-Aulaqi, the extremist Yemeni American preacher linked to the suspected gunman in the Fort Hood Army base attack in November.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It actually took a bit of looking - but I found the actual, Fox News Poll

I found the 70% figure in the Tehran article - and several news sources that quoted it. I found the 70% figure on Infowars - that linked to a Russian news source.

I was like - "That's weird, why not just link to the actual poll?"

After a bit of digging I found the actual Fox News poll at...

Fox News - Yemen Poll

As of right now Jan 4t, 6:58pm EST in the US the results are 56% in favor, 37% aginst going into Yemen. With 51,211 responding

It is still over 50% in favor. But, it looks like the article citited gathered data from early in the life of the poll.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
I think the Yemeni people would welcome some US intervention, as long as they worked hand in hand with Saleh and his government. There was recently a ceasefire with the Houthi's so hopefully Yemen can turn it's attention towards Alqaeda.

actually there wasnt, the houthis offered to talk to the givt and submit to thier demands if the gov't and saudis stopped attacking them but...

Saudi Arabia has carried out a series of lethal air raids across the border with Yemen, killing 16 civilians and wounding 19 others, Yemen's Shiite rebels said on Monday.In one of 25 raids launched on Monday, six civilians were killed and six others were injured, women and children among them, according to a statement issued by the rebels, who Riyadh has been battling since early November.Ten other civilians were killed in a market hit by one of the air raids carried out on Sunday, the rebels said in a separate statement posted on their website.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

we already have a hundred or so special forces on the groudn training yemeni troops in counter-insurgency tactics...

<< 1   >>

join