It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 70% of Americans in favor of U.S. troops in Yemen: poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Over 70% of Americans would favor sending U.S. troops to Yemen to combat Al-Qaeda militants, a poll posted on the FOXNews.com website said.

With over 20,000 people taking part in the poll, 71% voted that “the problem is not going away,” and “troops need to be sent there to eliminate Al-Qaeda and the threat it poses to national security.”

www.tehrantimes.com...

INSANITY!!!! I think this proves that the conservative, republican, christian militants watch fox news and only fox news... disgusting.. (althought all MSM is disgusting and they all have the same agenda anyways)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Total insanity! That's about the last thing we need to do.

Why not bring all of our troops home, secure our own borders and actually worry about keeping our cities safe? That sounds a lot better to me than entering another war in yet another country.

Lets take our ball and go home.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
War in the sake of peace in the Middle East sounds a little contradictory, don't you think?

Killing someone hoping peace will come of it never works, and it's kind of stupid if you ask me.

Stop the war, stop the fighting. Humans aren't suppose to kill each other.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
When the US collapses like Rome or like the USSR because of over expansion with underlying economic woes in the homeland, we will have nobody to blame but ourselves.

We can't go on anymore blaming the propaganda promoters. We don't blame the TV sets for what the Nazis did; we blame the people that let it happen.

We all have our own brains... And when this country collapses, it will be nobody's fault but our own.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
6 months later-

70% of Americans want troops out of Yemen.

Polls merely reflect the sentiment at the time.

Can't tell by the source, but was the post taken right after the Christmas incident?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Consider the source of the Poll.

70% of FoxNews Viewers are in favor of U.S. Troops in Yemen. Not 70% of Americans.

Also, let it be mentioned that FoxNews Polls tend to be mathematically challenged, often totaling in excess of 120% for all choices, making the validity of such statistics questionable at best.

Considering most independent polls show 55-75% of Americans on a whole, regardless of Political Affiliation or what News Channel they watch, are against sending more Troops overseas, I find this figure especially suspect.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
maybe this is what obama was hinting while the skies spiraled and he acepted his farce peace prize when he said we must go to war to have peace... that yemen is next and so is iran.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think the Yemeni people would welcome some US intervention, as long as they worked hand in hand with Saleh and his government. There was recently a ceasefire with the Houthi's so hopefully Yemen can turn it's attention towards Alqaeda.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
These polls are fixed! I think most people know that now.

Why would the majority of Americans oppose a war in Iraq & Afghanistan but support a war in Yemen ? Especially after all the false pretenses there were concerning the two current wars. The government is that messed now where they don't care about the opinions of their own people where they will draw a random stat out of a hat and run with it. There is no way 70% support a war in Yemen and if that stat is true then shame on America. America desperately needs a people owned and run media with zero corporate sponsors and zero government involvement.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Have even 10% of ATS members who are American been polled?

I missed anyone asking me how I felt about it. I'm against military action in Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and Pakistan for that matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If they wanted to tickle your nose with a pen then they would just say 70% of people believe you should have your nose tickled with a pen.
It means nothing,they are just trying to find the bandwagon jumpers.
Its just more propaganda.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
it`s got to be propaganda,i give the american people more credit than that they are surely not that gullable now.how many illegal wars will it take to realise they`re crooked congress is playing a realtime game of "RISK"

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can't believe even 7% of Americans including the ones in the asylums, churches and half-ways houses would want this country in Yemen. What bull#.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

You are right. Polls are used to manipulate the public opinion. A large part of the population is not capable of thinking for themselves. They just go along with the crowd.

That's how Obama got elected.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Doesn't take much

Guy burning his weiner , off to the killing fields

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Since something like 99% of those polled probably cannot point to Yemen on a map, if asked, a result like this is not surprising. Anyone can get similar results polling misinformed, uninformed and exploited individuals.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Either the poll is an OUTRIGHT LIE or our countrymen are $#@$@$

INSANE!!!!

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Since something like 99% of those polled probably cannot point to Yemen on a map, if asked, a result like this is not surprising. Anyone can get similar results polling misinformed, uninformed and exploited individuals.

Yemen? Isn't that like the Jamaican district of Los Angeles? Heck yeah we should send troops into Los Angeles to take care of those dope smoking Jamaican immigrants that DHS:ICE can't send back because they are expatriated! The dope they smoke is funding Terrorism. America is tough on drugs and even tougher on Terrorism. We'll show those people in Ya'man!

Oh wait, Yemen is in the Middle East? And just like Israel it's a former British Colony that has been embroiled in Civil War since the British left them to their own devices? And they are a Constitutional Republic rather than an Islamic Monarchy? What's that? They are a member of the United Nations Security Council too?

On second thought....maybe that's an all around bad idea going into Yemen. This does not bode well.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by fraterormus]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No need for ground forces in Yemen. We have air superiority that can back up what little the Yemeni govt. is able to do. Sortie after sortie. One step at a time. Obama who??

I would also venture to say that the terror groups now building up in Yemen have a wide array of financial resources at their disposal. Can't trust those within the Yemeni govt. too much.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We are not going to land troops in Yemen.

Here is an interesting perspective.

Enjoy
U.S., Saudi Arabia do not want to open front in struggle against Iran: expert

The U.S. and Saudi support Yemen in its conflict with the Huthi rebels, yet this does not mean Washington or Ar-Riyadh want to a new front to fight Iran financing Shia rebels, former senior staffer at the the U.S. National Security Council, Professor Raymond Tanter said.

"The U.S. and Saudi support for Yemen in its conflict with Huthi rebels does not represent a U.S. or Saudi desire to open a new front with Iran. Rather, Iran's support for the Huthi rebels is a reflection of Iran's desire to undermine Arab governments in the region (the Persian Gulf)," he wrote Trend News in an e-mail. Tanter is currently Iran Policy Committee president at Michigan University.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join