It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen, if Iran tested a nuke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Do you think anyone would respond?
The idea of stopping them producing one, has gone out the window, so what do we focus on now?

Removing them?
Removing the government?
Or living with it.

People say Iran is hell bent on removing the Israeli race, So is it justifyable destroying the persian race, if we remove the threat?

I think, Israel will blackmail the US into striking.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
No choice but to live with it and start negotiating with them. IMO, they will be successful in acquiring nukes.

I also feel it will motivate other countries to begin their own program in an effort to balance the scale.

Wonder how we will deal with the other nations who will be playing catch up to Iran?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Same as N. Korea.... Papers will be flying out the window.... then the dust will settle, and laugh at Iran as being such a dumb country, then making fun of the leader like they do N. Korea.

Then American Idol 100,001 will come on, and americas obesity will rise yet again, not sure about the other countries, what say you eurasia!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Iran has no where to test a nuke unless it wants to test it on their own doorstep in which they can lose valuable oil in the process as the only safe option is to do an underground test. Also there are many fault lines around Iran and testing a nuke can be more deadly than they realise...

Thinking about it let them test a nuke maybe they wipe themselves off the planet altogether or at least the regime there will be.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I think, Israel will blackmail the US into striking.

LOL...

Blackmail how??

"If you dont help us strike Iran, we're going to tell American people your entire gov't run under heavy influence of Israeli lobbyists.."

yeah, thatll work

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think Iran will merge with Iraq in the future as much as the Yanks hate this idea and form Persia....this will become a serious force in the region, possibly nuclear and will most likely end up going to war against both Israel and Saudi........

Nothing will be done to stop Iran getting the bomb.....nothing has been done with any country who has got the bomb....why should Iran be any different?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
one word... DOGPILE!!!!!!

It would be flat out war... America doesn't like hegemonic competition

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Most of the world condemned North Korea when they "tested" a nuke. I don't see a reason why anybody would think testing nuclear weapons is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I think if they tested they would come under some severe sanctions that would have widespread support.

Personally, I don't feel it would be in their best interest. But there must be some kind of new weapon involved for them to risk all this. Their are good weapons available that exist within the mind. How would you feel if you found out that a good deal of the one billion muslims worldwide were praying constantly, incessently for your civilization's demise.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Blackmail, yes!

'' Obama, if you do not help us remove the threat from Iran, conventionally, then we will be forced to strike with maximum power, nuclear weapons. Will you help us? or will you force us to use nukes? ''

blackmail!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That’s true, but the American people, after all they have seen with Iraq will not follow the administration blindly on its word.
Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice? Shame on me!
We need to give the American people some credit here...

The US government needs something to happen, either domestically (a bomb) or internationally, (mass murder of western civilians). Because, unless Iran boldly do something,something thats obvious and without doubt... the people won’t follow.

And Iran know this, they know if they make the first move, then they will be criticised, and dealt with.. They know America can’t make the first move, because of its Iraq legacy, meaning the people wont follow.
Israel can’t do it on their own they are tiny, that slither of land would be bombed back to the stone age., and America' is there only ally, but as said prior, America can’t make a move, or appear to be an accomplice

Are the US administration hawks brazen enough to orchestrate a move from Iran, to entice the US populace backing it?

I personally think its to risky, and they wont. But, you then run the risk of Israel coming good on its blackmail.

Don’t you ever get the feeling you’re the ante in a global gambling match?

Sanctions?
Our sanctions arent working, so long as they control their oil.
Iran can produce its own nuclear powerplant, its own jets, its own cruise missile... what do they need to import from western friendly nations?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
Iran has no where to test a nuke unless it wants to test it on their own doorstep in which they can lose valuable oil in the process as the only safe option is to do an underground test. Also there are many fault lines around Iran and testing a nuke can be more deadly than they realise...

Thinking about it let them test a nuke maybe they wipe themselves off the planet altogether or at least the regime there will be.

Hey what????

Iran is vast, mountainous and supposedly THE most entrenched, mined and other wise 'dug' out country in the world!.... They dig waaaay under those mountains, you could probably pummel Iran for a hundred years from the air and when you stop a bunch of them will wheel out some missile from somewhere to shoot back at you!!

It won't be hard at all for them to find many many place for underground test's - sure atmospheric testing is another deal, but one day the world will go mad for a week because seismologists just wet them selves cos all their dials went haywire!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm sure our chicken hawk metrosexual emperor would level a typically dull strongly worded warning, israel would huff & puff, both nations would go on high purple or whatever alert.. ships would deploy, tensions would escalate as other nations weighed in with their .2c.. High drama, with cheesy politicians stomping over each other to get in front of an MSM camera in order to vomit their low budget party talking points & scripted propaganda.

It would be an international circus, sides would be taken... tough words exchanged and we would all wait for the powder keg to blow. The MSM would be on "War alert: the iranian crisis" coverage for awhile to scare and condition the US populace into supporting more violence.. just in case.

Ultimately iran would win as their 118 supporting nations & sensible major powers weigh in against war... then DC mafia establishment would just have to live with the fact they can't "Operation Ajax" irans govt and install another US puppet.

Other mid east nations not wanting to fall victim to US policy like iraq, afghanistan and now yemen.. or tired of US meddling.. will have learned from the n. korea / iran example: nukes = empire deterrent. These nations will collaborate with iran to protect themselves.. which the MSM will spin as evil iran spreading the possibility of nuclear holocaust because they hate jews, freedom, puppies, your mom and her apple pie.

Then one day when everyone has nukes, the sociopath oligarchs will blow us all to smithereens over some retarded spat.. those who survive will live as scavenging diseased nomads until their miserable existence mercilessly ends.

Until then.. party & enjoy life.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nothing but words. Just like the world did when North Korea tested a nuclear weapon of sorts.

And what happened when India and Pakistan tested their nuclear weapons? Nothing but hot air.

I guess we can assume that the Iranian nuclear program is not that advanced, because if it was, Israel would have attacked just as with the Iraqi program.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by loner007

Hey what????

Iran is vast, mountainous and supposedly THE most entrenched, mined and other wise 'dug' out country in the world!.... They dig waaaay under those mountains, you could probably pummel Iran for a hundred years from the air and when you stop a bunch of them will wheel out some missile from somewhere to shoot back at you!!

It won't be hard at all for them to find many many place for underground test's - sure atmospheric testing is another deal, but one day the world will go mad for a week because seismologists just wet them selves cos all their dials went haywire!

Do you know of the story of the swiss engineer who was drilling down through the earth and was causing earthquakes???? That was only a drill...Now think of an atomic explosion doing that.....

The middle east is a unique and fragile area in term of geology heres a link

payvand.com...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by loner007]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What would happen, if Iran tested a nuke?

First, I don't think anyone is out to destroy the 'Persian race' lol. In fact, no one (that I am aware of) has offered to do anything of the sort except that little madman in Tehran.

But all that aside, if Iran were to demonstrate a nuke through openly detonating one on its own soil, the issue would be more or less solved. Once the weapon capability becomes a fact of life, any idea of preventing the same would be necessarily rendered pointless.

After the fact? Any attempt to act militarily after the fact would be inviting a nuclear exchange... which is still utterly MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction).

new topics

top topics

join