It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish like Youtube there was a vote down/dislike button to replies.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I used to participate on a site that had a thumbs up and down system. It was a disaster that eventually led to ‘Thumb Wars’.

9+

Exactly.
I've been on some sites that no recognition feature at all. I agree that ATS is the most civil site I've been on.

The thing I enjoy most about ATS is its possible for just about everyone who disagrees to agree on doing it nicely.

I like that.

I agree.

Every site I been on that implements dislike/thumbs down has always been trolled with avatars, their sockpuppets, and their bots to automatically downthumb "hit lists"

There is no way to stop it except for to not implement the features.

ATS made the right choice.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by dzonatas]

i understand wher eyour coming from and thankyou for mentioning this but in the rules it clearly states you must contribute something other then ####..

how do we notify the Mods of people who are possibly breaking these policys?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
how do we notify the Mods of such ignorant replies so warnings can be issued?

Hit the "Alert" tab under the reply in question. If the mods deem it worthy then they'll remove the replies content and post a warning. If they don't then tough luck.

+1

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Reddit people, just look at the awesomeness of Reddit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Slayer, you seem sceptical. The whole point is that content is truly community driven and you could choose to view whichever subset of filters you wish like 'hot', 'new', 'controversial', 'top' or 'old'.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by hautmess
how do we notify the Mods of such ignorant replies so warnings can be issued?

Hit the "Alert" tab under the reply in question. If the mods deem it worthy then they'll remove the replies content and post a warning. If they don't then tough luck.

+1

OMG i love you. thankyou

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Oh really? Well I can see easy enough how to flag an OP/Thread, but have no idea how to star/flag a follow up replie!! Forgive me for being completely ignorant, but can you or somebody ellse explain how I flag/star a reply to a post??
Surely something like this:
doesn't count?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

if you get too annoyed about specific posters, you can always hit the ignore button,

after all, anonymously voting on the opinion of someone's opinion regardless if you believe it merely another trollish post or not is a bit childish and even less educated than the worst "uneducated" post imho, well maybe imho I would rather either ignore or voice up my own opinion on someone's post

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In a way it's handy, but I have to disagree. With a Forum this big, and the amount of members, there just too much disagreement between people. E.G any thread that talks about atheism, Christians will use the thumbs down option without even reading it, and vice versa. The star system is just better. If you like it star it. If you don’t then don’t star. Adding negative dislike buttons will just complicate things too much.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Agreed with other folks, it would lead to forum gangs simply thumbing down people based on everything rather than the content of the post. The 9/11 forum for example. People who believe the OS would get thumb downs even if the content of the post was good, simply because they don't believe the government was involved. The alien/UFO section would also be a breeding ground for such things. I think the star system is fine the way it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Use the ignore function on the worst offenders. Suddenly the site becomes a lot cleaner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join