It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan asks Canada to seize Dead Sea scrolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Jordan asks Canada to seize Dead Sea scrolls

www.theglobeandmail.com

2,000-year-old Hebrew artifacts, which Jordan claims were illegally taken by Israel in 1967, are on display in Toronto
Jordan has asked Canada to seize the 2,000-year-old Dead Sea scrolls, on display until Sunday at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, invoking international law in a bid to keep the artifacts out of the hands of Israel until their disputed ownership is settled.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think it's a safe bet that Canada won't detain the Dead Sea Scrolls , but could you imagine just how ticked off Israel would be ?

Israel just might even forget about Iran for a day or two

It's also a pretty safe bet the when Israel gets the scrolls back there is no court anywhere that Israel would submit to if it meant giving the scrolls to anyone , least of all the Jordanians .

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sounds like there might be a robbery at Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto to ensure Canada doesn't do what Jordan is asking.

Seriously, I imagined it would be a long battle fought out in court. I don't think it would lead to war, but nowadays all bets are off.

If Canada does return it to Israel, I doubt that Israel would let it leave the country again.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There is few stories from the bible I like, one is those stories is King Solomon and the baby with two mothers.
( I don't know if there is a better name for it )

I think that is a lesson that could be used here.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Sounds like there might be a robbery at Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto to ensure Canada doesn't do what Jordan is asking..

You just never know.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
but i dont see how jordan claims ownership if even these documents were found in a location established as jordan; let alone a city state given right as such based on a promise in a law book.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
"G"Day Wise Ones,

It is my belife that the scroll's where not Hebrew relic's but written by the Asiean's.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
There is few stories from the bible I like, one is those stories is King Solomon and the baby with two mothers.
( I don't know if there is a better name for it )

I think that is a lesson that could be used here.

You mean the one where two mothers claim to have the same child an Solomon demands they have a contest to determine who the real mother is by each mother pulling an arm to see who would pull the child stronger, and the real mother refuses because she might harm the boy?

Well it might have worked if people nowadays had the same value as they did in Solomon's time. I think the way of thinking now is more like "Fine if i can't have it, you can't have it either, LIGHT IT ON FIRE"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

My thoughts exactly .

More I think about this, it was kind of a crappy thing for Jordan to even ask Canada to take part.

I am changing my vote to : Possession is 9/10 of the law its our now.(Canada)
Suckers.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Must be too early in the day for me...when I first read the headline I thought "what on earth does a wannabe celeb Z-Lister want with the dead sea scrolls?"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thank goodness its actually the country of Jordan.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Please no pics of that slapper,every damn newspaper and mag have her in every day here in uk.

top topics

join