It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I am a power hungry, competitive monster, but I still do not step on heads while on my way up (or down).

[edit on 2-1-2010 by FritosBBQTwist]

sure you don't "bro".

your too ignorant too see the op's point and statement.

the internet is a terrible place for discussion.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Your right, ill start posting videos of what i do right away.

Talk is cheap? thats all you can do on the internet my friend. your welcome to come visit me, ill pay for your flight here, your stay, and your departure.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

I think your right. I even now regret posting this. Or at least here. Sadly, i regret it because i was hoping for similar responses from the people alike me on ATS. My bad

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Sorry about my posts and if they seem a little...mean. I do not mean to be, but some people are so far away from where i am, (not ahead nor behind) that comprehending what i am saying is not easy, or is not comprehended in the way i intended. This; is my fault.

No one I think is in your tree.

I mean it must be high or low.

OP, not my business I know, but notice not a lot of high fives on your decision.
I opted for a simpler life and physical labor, it's not terrible, and it's honest, but be sure it's what you really want.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

If i saw anyone about to die, and i could save them by filling myself in their place, there is no question, i would do it without thinking twice.

Are you for real?

What if Gary Glitter or Kim Jong-il were about to die, would you save them "without thinking twice?"

I get the impression you are trying too hard.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

absolutely. Not trying to hard, not trying at all. just allowing for the flow to go.

We all choose how fast we want to grow.

Sorry, i wasn't clear. when i said absolutely, i meant that as in yes i would save those mens lives. I do not see why they are any less than us.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Here's one of my favourite Lennon lyrics:

GOD

God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain,
I'll say it again,
God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain,
I don't believe in magic,
I don't believe in I-ching,
I don't believe in bible,
I don't believe in tarot,
I don't believe in Hitler,
I don't believe in Jesus,
I don't believe in Kennedy,
I don't believe in Buddha,
I don't believe in mantra,
I don't believe in Gita,
I don't believe in yoga,
I don't believe in kings,
I don't believe in Elvis,
I don't believe in Zimmerman,
I don't believe in Beatles,
I just believe in me,
Yoko and me,
And that's reality.
The dream is over,
What can I say?
The dream is over,
Yesterday,
I was dreamweaver,
But now I'm reborn,
I was the walrus,
But now I'm John,
And so dear friends,
You just have to carry on,
The dream is over.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Completely agree.

His posts are based on false, exaggerated statements.

Giving up computer upon request (which we just saw was a lie), and then what you posted.

This thread reminds me of Obama's pre-inauguration speeches. Inspirational for the uninspired, yet all a lie.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Thank you for your comment.

It is what i want. I consider myself to be fairly young, which makes it a little easier to adapt to new concepts. Just like an African child hears about an American child, and his desires are to be as he is. That American Child hears of a rockstar child, and his desires go towards him. The Rock star child had it all, sadly, his desires were hard to follow. He goes into drugs, and other time occupying activities to substain his depression. in a way, i was that rock star child, and i clearly did not want a rich, abundant life style at this day in age.

I would always dream of going to nature, and learning wisdom from nothing other than nature itself. something not many people understood. Hell, i wanted to be the next Dick Prenokee with a hint of Gandhi.

Then i saw all everyone wants is things from themselves. and mixed with this conspiracy crap, i saw a way out. a grass roots thing i can contribute my time to, that may make a difference on a small and potentially large scale.

Stop wanting, start giving. and until anyone dares to try, you wont see what i am saying completely.

EDIT: sorry, i shouldn't say wont, there are more than likely infinite ways people can do this. but in the big picture, its changing your most fundamental intention.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Sorry, your posts are actually full of, "i no who you are" type statements.

Can we try to debate in a way in which we can progress?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You're the only person who can decide for you. The sacrifices will be real, but so will the rewards.
Any discouragement from members here has been and will be what we/they think is for your own good. No one wants to encourage you to take on hardships that you may not understand at such a young age.
Think it through, thoroughly.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sorry, your posts are actually full of, "i no who you are" type statements.

Can we try to debate in a way in which we can progress?

Already tried.

You said you would be willing to give up your computer upon request because you do not need it and it is just another material item.

I asked you to do so. All the proof I needed is for you to stop posting here on ATS.

Obviously you are not going to give up your computer, so I assume that it was just a hyped up statement with no real meaning to further persuade readers to join in on your belief that holds no merit due to your exaggerated/false statements.

So care to explain the reason for even saying something like that? Or will you actually follow through.

That is why I believe your whole argument about living "above everything" is just a fancy way of saying that you have a more solid life (because my life is empty because I enjoy material objects, as you said in a previous post) based on absolutely nothing.

Last chance at any debate.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that hardship is just something individuals take as hard in their eyes. I have had many eyes, meaning views of reality, and they range from far left, to far right, i can relate to quite a few people, from being a hobo at a young age to winning the jackpot and becoming a millionaire. i use to believe i had done it all until i started meditation. i had some weird experiences that even i will no discuss on here publicly, just because its something i can never prove and this isn't really the place for things that cant be proven.

I have attempted suicide, thank god i failed, and have had extreme bliss of happiness i cant explain. right now, the world is so simple, and life is so mysterious. I don't want to waste it on what other people are doing, expecting a different result, i want to discover, and give what i have discovered to everyone. Only now have i found what that is, something very few people have done, give for the sake of giving. There is no such thing as a selfless act, but until one sees that, can they finally rise above it. (in my eyes, the Ego)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Well, seeing as in currently all i have is my computer, and i obviously do not need it, you are correct, i am with holding on giving away my computer for personal interests. didn't i say i was growing, just as we all are?

Or do you need proof that growth exists?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
reply to post by gandhi

Yeah, that's a great song. They played Joan Baez singing 'Imagine' at my mom's funeral (she died 13 years ago today).

I take it you've read Siddhartha?

Your intentions/ motives seem pure, but don't forget that all extremes are usually flawed. Sometimes you have to be within the system to effect change, more-so theses days. None of us are Jesus, you know?

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 1/2/2010 by skunknuts]

IS not the character of Jesus within you? IS not Jesus with all of us? Ponder about this. (I am not christian, i am myself)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

So you would sacrifice your life for hitler...but not give up your computer due to lack of growth on your own admitted level....of being a better person

Hahaha I'll let fritos keep messing with ya, your easy enough to pick on.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdJohnAdams

Someday you will understand.

The reason i did not give up my computer is because i am needing it for my books.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

No sir I hope one day I do not understand.
Have a problem with pen and paper?
I thought that was the way books worked....

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdJohnAdams

Never mind then. An unwilling mind is a hopeless mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join