It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Spiral ??? Worst snow - Coldest weather in 20 years here in Scotland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi all.

Just to say this is the 1st time in, I would say, 20 years, we have had this much snow in Edinburgh, Scotland.

A bad weather front has hit us coming from Russia (or that direction) from the east.
Its is on average -2 most days, and has been for a few weeks. It has hit -10 here in the last week. it is freezing.

Isnt the north atlantic current meant to stop this coldness.

Coldest weather i can EVER remember

Anyone else here the UK thinking the same.

A few weeks or so after this Norway Spiral, we get a weather system coming from that direction, giving us the coldest weather in decades.

Shaun

[edit on 2/1/2010 by shauny]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hello,

Yes here in holland to, the week before christmas we had 20cm snow the north of holland almost a meter,im 29 and have never seen so much snow.

I asked my parents,the best they could remember was somewhere in the mid 70's where we had this kind of weather.

On christmas we had snow,that hasnt happent since 1981.the forcast for this week is freezing temp and yet more snow.If things continue like this we might have the famous 11 city tour wich the last time was in the early nineties.

Dont you love that Global Warming

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Few flags and stars, 1 reply.

anyone ?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well the USA and Europe is getting hit pretty hard . . . No spirals here
This winter sucks though!

It doesn't get warm enough to melt and more keeps coming
Some roads are still one lane and if we keep getting dumped on every week its going to get worse and worse

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe all the cold from the LHC spilled out? Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My sister has been completely isolated by snow and ice in her home in Aberdeenshire. Fortunately, she is of the survivalist mindset and will be comfortable during this bitter cold, and as long as she has a book to read, tapestry work to do, and a cup of tea all will be right with the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My point is.

This "Haarp" thing we all talk about.

Its weather controll.

I am WAY out of line here in saying "maybe", this is what has happened ?

www.cuttingedge.org...

This is the worst weather in a generation.

There has to be a link between Haarp/Norway Spiral/ This bad weather.

?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I completely agree...there is something really weird going on here. We almost never get snow before Christmas here. This is the second year in a row that we have, and this year, it's the worst I've ever seen. True, there have been bigger snowfalls, but this is lasting much longer. Ususally we have big snowfalls that are gone within a week pretty much, but the snow that fell two weeks ago is still here, with more accumulating almost daily, and the forecast is that this cold spell will last at least two more weeks. Temperatures are below freezing all the time, even during the day, and down to -10, -15 at night.

I've lived here almost all my life, and I've never seen this. I hate to think what February will bring, which is when we get the really big snow normally.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Really thought there would be more input into this thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hello all from Sunny Thailand!

15 years ago in Glasgow we had a cold snap which was pretty harsh. Burst tons of pipes overnight due to water expansion. Ice everywhere and relentless snow too.

10 years prior to that it was a great set of blizzards that stopped the city for well over a week.

Last year in February in London the city got shut down for 2 days for a decent dusting of snow had covered it.

It's called Winter and it happens every year. Some years worse, some years not so bad. I've seen it snow in May in Glasgow.

On a conspiricial note though it is unusual to see so much of the Northern hemisphere; from Beijing to Bangor, Birmingham to Beluga all get hit at the same time.

Well, I'm off to continue to swelter.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
well.. just last Tuesday afternoon here in Beaverton/Hillsboro/forest Grove area in Oregon; we got hit with 5 inches of snow, inwhich the weatherman said it would be rain..

I woke up at 3:30pm and already had 3-4 inches in 2 hours..

it's fairly normal for this area & time of year.. last year was the same thing.. just woundering if there's a link ...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I mentioned this connection on another thread.

Does anyone remember when Batman took on Mr Freeze.

Notice the spiral in both pics

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d84f81504b95.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ccb59fee5a0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Interesting stuff.

Kinda

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yes it has been pretty cold here in the northeast,and apparently,it is going to get worse by the end of the week!
However,i can remember helping my dad with his delivery job at the weekends when i was a kid,and i recall us being stuck in 14ft snow drifts!
We had to wait for a snow plough to rescue us,which then got stuck itself!

I think it is more psychological thing now!
Our local councils used to pull out all the stops to keep the communities moving,gritting roads and paths regularly!
Now it is only the busiest roads that are treated and when you go out and find the streets untreated,we automatically think,"Wow.This is a hard winter",when we should be thinking,"I thought my council tax paid for the upkeep of the streets"!
The winters are no worse,it is the governments inability to keep us moving which has given this impression!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

My local council has been completely useless during this period. Not only have roads not been gritted our bins have not been emptied in 3 weeks, because the bin motor cant get down the street. There is also no grit being supplied to grit tubs, if there was then we could grit the streets ourselves. When we phoned the council to complain they told us to go and buy grit from a shop

Imo all available workers at the council such as gardeners, bin men, road workers, and any other manual outside workers who cant do there actual job should be diverted to clearing the streets of snow and ice.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I live down a track in Pennine Yorkshire and the winter weather has been getting worse. Last February I couldn't get the car out for two weeks. This Winter it started in December - all of this before the spiral. For us it's nothing to do with snow. In fact you can have milder weather which is also snowier. No, for us it's the ice on the track. It's due to it getting colder for longer.
It's something to do with changes in the gulf stream I believe.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Yea I live in Northern Ireland on the East coast. I'm 28 and this is the coldest weather I can remember. There has been cold like this before but never lasted this long. My street hasn't thawed out for 2-3 weeks now. We haven't had much in the way of snow but usually the coldness wouldn't last this long and any ice frost would thaw by lunchtime. Definetely much colder than usual.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The OP's tread is well observed and the freezing weather might well be the result of the Haarp created spiral over Norway. But I have a question. Surely the PTB would much rather the temperature went up to fit with their global warming scam specially with the timing of climate gate V Copenhagen .? Seems like a own goal!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Could'nt agree more!
You have every right to complain!That's what you pay your council tax for!
I think we are well within our rights to ask for some kind of rebate,if we believe we are not getting our moneys worth!
Mind you,perhaps i will just take a tumble on the untreated path outside my house,sue the council,and live comfortably on incapacity benefit for the rest of my days!

(I am only half serious!)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
This is the second year in a row that we have, and this year, it's the worst I've ever seen.

The sun went to sleep two years ago.

simple answers for simple questions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join