It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Spiral ??? Worst snow - Coldest weather in 20 years here in Scotland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I agree with the OP i am in NW England and it is colder than i can remember ! People keep telling me it cos i'm getting on a bit (46) but thats bollox ! Then again we must all be wrong the planets getting warmer ! It must be cos thats what we are being told ! Don't panic everythings under control ! Everything normal CARRY ON !

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Move here to Arizona. Nothing has changed. We still have warm days in the winter and I am still wearing shorts. Wish we would get some of that cold spell!
LOL

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Move here to Arizona. Nothing has changed. We still have warm days in the winter and I am still wearing shorts. Wish we would get some of that cold spell!
LOL

Thanks for the invite but i hardly know you ? ha ha ha
(off topic sorry Mods)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
-12 EXPECTED IN EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND TOMMORROW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never, in my lifetime have i seen this.
earlier tonight, the snow was coming sideways.

People.
Something has changed.

gosh darnit

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I know...something really has changed. We've been warned about possibly -20 here in the Highlands in the next few days, and I've never seen the roads in such bad condition. Hardly cleared at all, and snow that fell two weeks ago is still here and being added to. Another maybe 8 inches tonight, and the main road south from Inverness has been closed.

Stay warm everyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Im on the Ayrshire coast and we dont usually get any more than a couple of inches due to the firth. We had 4 inches on top of the ice that has been there for two weeks last night. Yesterday and today I drove my son to work at 5.00 am. I was behind a gritter that was throwing out about 1 small bag of salt sand every 200 meters. This was on a main road, a road that has been snow covered for 17days now. I would like to know where the grit is, where its gone and more importantly where the heck my council tax has gone if not to provide safe roads to drive on.

Ive had enough of this bull about it being the worst cold snap ever and thats why there is no grit. They have never used any grit, so they never had any !!

Respects

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Aye its bloody cold ..we jacked everything in to live in a camper van, set off in august for the highlands ..it rained for seven weeks solid and now for the past 3 weeks its hardly gone above zero.. ( was -12 at one point) we didn't expect this!! ..but surviving. We have wild camped most of the time but now on a campsite, no water and the bogs have frozen so have to walk into the village..just wish it would warm up a bit so we can get a proper wash!! lol

Scenery is fantastic though !!lol

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
Aye its bloody cold ..we jacked everything in to live in a camper van, set off in august for the highlands ..it rained for seven weeks solid and now for the past 3 weeks its hardly gone above zero.. ( was -12 at one point) we didn't expect this!! ..but surviving. We have wild camped most of the time but now on a campsite, no water and the bogs have frozen so have to walk into the village..just wish it would warm up a bit so we can get a proper wash!! lol

Scenery is fantastic though !!lol

Bloody hell m8 .. I've got camper at the door stuck in snow. If it clears I'm gonna get in it and head south till it warms up.

I don't fancy your situation in this.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Its an adventure lol been up here touring for over five months now...you don't want to go any further than the borders ..I reckon it gets crappier the further south you go !!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
reply to post by bigyin

I reckon it gets crappier the further south you go !!

What about the weather though ?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Looks like we are steadily getting snowed in. I am kicking myself for not buying a sledge!!!

Luckily we are at home this time and not out on the road like we were before christmas when we got stuck and had to stay at a friends house. We left at 3.30pm and got back at 6.30pm the next day!!

Its great though because so many people are out and about, talking to each other and helping each other out. When we got stuck there were gangs of residents spending many hours helping cars up hills and keeping the lines of communication open. We had someone help us get to our friends, and he even gave us extra clothes for the kids and walked round with us.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
HEY SCOTLAND CREW!!!!

I`m in Lasswade in Midlothian and I must say I thought the weather may be an indication that something is`nt right.
I wonder if the spiral is really something to do with it.

Especially with it all over the UK and Europe, and folk are saying from all over that it is certainly unusual for it to be so bad.

Stay cosy,
Psilo Simon

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
never mind, sry

[edit on 1/5/2010 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
HEY SCOTLAND CREW!!!!

I`m in Lasswade in Midlothian and I must say I thought the weather may be an indication that something is`nt right.
I wonder if the spiral is really something to do with it.

Especially with it all over the UK and Europe, and folk are saying from all over that it is certainly unusual for it to be so bad.

Stay cosy,
Psilo Simon

Ah .. I mind staying at the Laird and Dug once. Some of my old biker pals stay round that way.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
www.metoffice.gov.uk...

hey fellow scots
how ye all doin eh ?

anyways mu link there, yesterday it was bad for tuesday and the rest of the week it looked alright, now its bad for today?? i find it strange it only looks bad on the day in hand and the forecast for the rest of the week is fine. keep an eye on this link people and you will see what i mean!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Its bad ALL over and getting colder! I think that spiral was the start of a new ice age.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Considering the amount of technology and data they have at their disposal they don't get the weather forecast right very often.

I always reckon they tell you what your just getting, not what is coming the next day.

Some day I'm going to start and write down each evening what they say the next day will be like and then write down what the next day actually brings and see how many times they get it right.

I don't think it they would do very well.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Who would have thought Scotland would take over ATS??!!?

I totally agree with the theory this has been caused by the Norway Spiral/nearby HAARP facility. Most people on here will probably have seen it but I would recommend watching "Angels ztill dont play this HAARP" enlightening stuff!

www.youtube.com...

Apart from the Russian rocket theory which is completely unrealistic on so many levels the silence has been deafening from governments, scientists etc as to what this phenomena could be. Surely the Norwegian government would make some sort of statement condemning Russia for launching rockets in their airspace if this were the explanation.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The met guy on the news tonight said its because of the NE winds we get this every ten years or so and it was the coldest for ten years !!! Except i cant remember it being this cold since er, ooh let me think....last f**kin January ! Lyin ba**ard ! Its getting ever so slightly colder year on year i'm certain of it !

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
www.metoffice.gov.uk...

hey fellow scots
how ye all doin eh ?

anyways mu link there, yesterday it was bad for tuesday and the rest of the week it looked alright, now its bad for today?? i find it strange it only looks bad on the day in hand and the forecast for the rest of the week is fine. keep an eye on this link people and you will see what i mean!

For the past week, we have been lied to about the weather
END OFF !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join