It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast-to-Coast AM's worthless annual listener prediction show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Anybody catch it on New Year's Eve? It's always nice to hear Art Bell's voice, but the inanity of the callers was a bit much. The idea was that people were supposed to meditate, see if any predictions came to them, and then call in to report what they'd seen during their meditations.

Instead we had a bunch of yokels, yahoos, idiots, and dreamers calling in with the most absurd natural disaster and sci-fi fantasies imaginable. For example, one lady said there'd be confirmed proof of bigfoot, 'cause one would be found in the Arizona desert. And it would turn out that the military's been secretly breeding bigfeet at "Area 52."

When Art asked her why they were breeding bigfeet, her best guess was to use them as a weapon.

Could be a great sci-fi story in the right hands, but a psychic prediction? This actually came to you while you were in a state of deep meditation? Please.

The rest of the calls were just as stupid, with the occasional buffoon completely ignoring Art's instructions and reciting political rants poorly disguised as psychic predictions.

Doesn't ever occur to anybody that it might seem a little odd that their alleged psychic predictions just happen to be about stuff that's constantly discussed on Coast-to-Coast? I'd think that legitimate visions of real events that were really going to happen in the near future might occasionally contain material that was less sensational and more plausible.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I didn't even bother listening in this year... most of the predictions were really beyond belief... (and not in a good way)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Listening to tonight's show , the " professional " prediction show part 1 . So far they are worse then the callers predictions from the last two nights with Art .

Although tomorrows prediction show part two sounds interesting

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Tuned in for a bit. Had to turn it off. It really did get ridiculous very quickly. Glad to hear Art on the air tho.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
For a couple years I would take notes and cross out predictions as they didn come to fruition. Finally this year I just decided to play World of Warcraft all night and forget about the stupidity.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

I do not listen to those new years prediction threads ever. Anyone who has ever listened to c2c should know most of the stuff on there is garbage. The new years prediction shows are 99% garbage, and i will not listen to 1 sec of the shows, and there where 3 to my disbelief.

The op is right, just ignore these shows,a s c2c is entertaining sometimes, and sometimes has some good info, but the prediction shows, and web bot shows, i just ignore.

Though art is the best on that radio show, he is not as good as he used to be either.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Coast-to-Coast AM's worthless annual listener prediction show

It has always been thus. Give the general public an open forum on the airwaves in the middle of the night... and this is basically what you will get.

I remember picking up his old political call-in show on AM radio while driving... fading in and out (t'was quite a long time ago) and the crackpots were more amusing than the subject matter, lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yeah it a pretty lame excuse for an annual show but no more so then the so-called "professional," predictions show that Ian hosted on last night's show.

Or, now that I think of, the predictions made here on this very board on a regular basis. None of it is to be taken seriously. It's entertainment and nothing more than that.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Too much negativity in here, its so easy to sway opinion. The words will do.

People are in denial of self. Take a moment to appriciate and regonize things and change your perception.

As time goes on the general public will continue to be plundered.

You don't want to be there when the public has lost its total brain from functioning. Or do you?

[edit on 2-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What?

Did you even mean to post that in this thread? If so, please explain what the heck anything you've just said has to do with the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
C2C is a great show, my favorite...

However the phone calls are ridiculous. You can kinda tell Art or George themselves are thinking "Oh my god..." when listening to some of these peeps.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

?????
This may a little bit off topic but I was just wondering if there is a forum within ATS about the nightly hosts on coast to coast??? there are some interesting topics and if you cant call in then is there a place to discuss some of Art's, George's an Punit's guest hosts?
On topic the predictions are kind of unique hmmm.

top topics

join