It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFOs are bogus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

And this is the exact same kind of thinking that made human beings take forever to turn into intelligent beings.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If you are using this forum as your source for all things UFO, you are doing yourself a disservice.

If you really want to learn more about UFOs, and make an informed decision about their existence or not, I'd have to suggest visiting other sites, where simple factual evidence is posted, and read some books on the subject. You will not garner proper understanding by reading posts here, where half of the replies are either "Chinese lantern lol!" or "Hoax.." without any explanation or theory other than someone doesn't want to believe in UFOs.

There are a fair number of people waaaay out in left field too, they can make anyone leery of wanting to support UFOlogy.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
plenty of evidence exists. Plenty of it. the only thing that makes complete morons out of us is which 'evidence' we choose to believe. There will always be someone out there with hard evidence. and someone right along side of them saying "no no... thats just a this or that". Most of the time you want to take those same people and say piss off! but you can't because when it comes to you tube vids.. 9 times out of 10, they are right. Look out at the skies in your neighbourhood. Chances are great that you live in a city where a vew of the stars is.... impossible. Go to some place in the country with a cam and set up shop. Find your own evidence. compile it, decide for yourself whether or not its an airplane. Here in the US, (where I currently live) I am not too far from farm land in the Colorado Rockies. the second best view of the stars in the US. (second only to Alaska)Since I have moved here in august of 2009, I have seen three things I cannot explain. The problem with Colorado is Cheyenne Mountain. Much farther south than Fort COllins, but from what I understand, NORAD has been closed due to budget cuts or something. Watched a bunch of stuff moved a while back, and this has beeen 'confirmed' by people I know in the US hAir Force. Still.. these strange things can be seen here. I am more than sure these same things can be seen everywhere else. Just look for yourself instead of relying on most of the people that come here posting their bullocks stories about alien communication and all that sh!te. lol

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ofcourse they exist, the statistics show how likely this is. I believe there are an estimated 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars out there with an uncountable amount of planets orbiting them, so we can never assume we are alone. Just because we haven't made contact doesn't mean they don't exist.

Edit: I believe we have already made the contact, we are just not being told. Think of how that information would affect the world. Religions would have to be reconcidered or even abolished! (Not necessarily a bad thing though
)

[edit on 1-1-2010 by WeShallBeFree]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I can understand where you are coming from.

Before I came to ATS, I didnt even think much about the topic. I mean, I remember the 70's and 80's having news stories about wackos making claims of seeing UFOs. I remember the movies being made (Close Encounters, ET) and not thinking much more than "cool" entertainment. But the idea of aliens and UFOs was nowhere near realistic to me - it was all hollywood and crazy people.

Then I stumbled upon ATS. Avoided this forum, because it was just too "out" there for me. I preferred to stay close to the more realistic conspiracies (politics, government stuff, etc).

Then I stumbled into the A&U forum and began reading. And reading. And reading.

My thoughts began to change on the subject. My mind started to open a bit more.

I started to think in regards to "aliens" (though my idea of aliens is quite different than some): this universe is so huge and I cant believe that the God I believe in created it for nothing. The God I believe in has a purpose to everything that exists - even tiny plants and bugs serve some purpose. Therefore, all that space out there, all those planets out there MUST serve some purpose. And if He can create this planet full of life - than logically there MUST be other planets out there full of life.

Than I started reading some accounts of objects in the skies that could not be identified (UFO) and had no explanation of what they were and why they were there. Im not talking about everyday people who claim to see some thing in the sky which is more than likely a plane or something explainable. Im talking about the cases where pilots or radar sees something that has no explanation. The real deep stuff that is beyond explanation.

I have to admit, I think most of the stuff I read here or anywhere is of terrestial orgin (military or regular planes, etc). I think most of the photos taken are of explainable origin (blurry birds/planes and yes, hoaxes). I think many people are so caught up in the trend and hype of UFOs, that they either hoax (for attention) or they misinterpret what their eyes are seeing or what a camera picked up.

BUT the FACT is.........something is going on up in our skies and out in this vast universe. There are unexplainable things happening in our skies. Maybe not as much as some think. But, if you dig enough thru all the crap, you will find some amazing things going on that have no Earthly explanation. And really, even if we are not being visited by other life beings from other worlds, to think that we are the only life in this vast universe holds no logical explanation. My explanation is those other life beings are of supernatural origin, but that is a whole 'nother topic

[edit on January 1st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The proof of UFO's is in the eye of the beholder, that would be the same for EBE's. not everyone who experiences something of an ET nature, reports it, because they are, quite frankly to scared to do so, there are probably thousands of unreported such encounters. but we will never know about those, i do believe that most of the reports we see are hoax, attention seeking, etc, but just consider for one minuet, that some never report it, and have happy encounters their whole lives, but we will never know about those either will we.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am sorry that you are soo confused, mosesgunner.

Surely you are not soo ignorant as to believe that humans beings on earth are the only intelligent beings ever created in this entire Universe/Multiverse.

I understand it gets frustrating,
the whole "wanting to know" thing...
but do enough research, and you will know.
(and knowing is not about waiting for someone to tell you a "truth")
no, I mean.. real knowing, Gnostics.

But to make comments like "aliens" and "ufos" are bogus...
is simply retarded man.

You should think before you post.
I mean truly think..
not "think" like the majority of sleepy humans do everyday,
but actually.. Think!.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
When I was young I was convinced "they" existed, I still to this day want to make contact. After joining this forum and reading post after post about the subject, I really don't think they do. It becomes more and more obvious to that it's man playing a joke man, and people people playing a joke them selves. It's starting to become silly.

I think what is silly is to continue under the supposition they do not exist, but that's me. Fortunately no one is forcing you to believe anything. One of the few freedoms you really have left is to think what you want. Peace out.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
theres so many other planets out there possibly at least one with life on it. ufos can be anything. there still unidentified but hopefully soon they will be exposed so we can learn more about them

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prof. Skrewloose
Whats the old saying?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

And evidence of existance is not proof of existance.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Still waiting to be shown "the money".

would you mind telling us what "the money" is ?

please tell me exactly what evidence will be proof enough to convince you and would that same proof that convinced you work for the other 7 billion peeps on planet Earth ?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
When it comes to alien/ufo ... or any of the paranormal topics ... we can only go on our own firsthand experiences.

Woody, you make some interesting points but I think theres a lot more to go on than just personal experience - some UFO/USO cases involve objects being visualy corellated on (sometimes multiple) radar/sonar screens - others involve unknown objects exhibiting electromagnetic effects on actual aircraft.
Theres also quite a number of ground trace evidence cases and a great deal of official government documentation dealing with the UFO subject (link) so I don't think it can be classed as a 'paranormal topic'.

John B Alexander makes some good points in this statement:

“The undeniable reality is that there are a substantial number of multi-sensor UFO cases backed by thousands of credible witnesses. In the physical domain there are many photos, videos, radar tracking, satellite sensor reports, landing traces including depressions and anomalous residual radiation, electromagnetic interference, and confirmed physiological effects. Personal observations have been made both day and night, often under excellent visibility with some at close range. Included are reports from multiple independent witnesses to the same event. Psychological testing of some observers has confirmed their mentally competence. Why is none of this considered evidence?

There are over 3000 cases reported by pilots, some of which include interference with flight controls. On numerous occasions air traffic controllers and other radar operators have noted unexplained objects on their scopes. So too have several astronomers and other competent scientists reported their personal observations. Many military officials from several countries have confirmed multi-sensor observations of UFOs. The most senior air defense officers of Russia, Brazil, Belgium and recently a former Chief of Naval Operations in Chile all have stated that UFOs are real. These cases and comments are a miniscule fraction of the total body of evidence.

Of course they do not constitute irrefutable proof. However, to state there is no evidence suggestive of intelligent extraterrestrial life simply belies the facts. Decades in duration and global in nature, there are too many hard sensor data-points and millions of eyewitnesses to ignore. We certainly can debate the significance of specific data and question whether or not it establishes a causal relationship between the observations and extraterrestrial life. However, it is only through ignorance or pomposity that one can say no evidence exists.”

John B. Alexander,Ph.D.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I for one would like to beLIEve that such a craft and life form exists, However , it is so difficult to grasp this as reality simply due to the inability to see the SOLID evidence. The pictures are always either so far away or fuzzy. The videos are always shaky, out of focus. and often those whom make the claims have been a little off center them selves or are just tryin to sell music or a book with their vid.. Such a craft NEVER makes a Close unmistakable view to the witness. And when you do see a close up video ( usually outta Mexico) the thing is wobbly, I mean cmon, an "Intelligent " life form can't fly strait? I will always remain a solid skeptic till one is so close it shuts down every electrical devise I have with me and or there is no possible way it could be anything other that NOT FROM HERE. I watched that series of videos from the UFO congress, And nothing in their set looked real to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Ehmm.....No, moses,...ehmm..... I'm not so sure that all are bogus...

IF ONLY ONE OF THESE IS REAL... Then change EVERYTHING!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
would you mind telling us what "the money" is ?

please tell me exactly what evidence will be proof enough to convince you and ...

How about a handshake from one of the Aliens eh?. That would be showing me "the money". Real cash! right infront of me. Visible, touchable, smellable, hearable, and if it's a female (if they have them) I might even go for the "tasteable" too (but not if she has more eyes than I have fingers...lol.)

...would that same proof that convinced you work for the other 7 billion peeps on planet Earth ?

As a skeptic I would naturally not expect everyone to belive me!

however..

If Mr or Mrs Alien wished (or was allowed) to go on a world tour then yes...everyone will have the chance to verify the truth for themselves. My meeting an Alien doesn't prove anything to Joe Bloggs on the other side of the world and seeing it on TV or reading about it in the papers or on the internet is just 2nd hand evidence, not the proof neccessary for an individual to have unquestionable truth (the money).

I hope that helps.....what would be enough to convince YOU 100%?

cheers

[edit on 2/1/2010 by nerbot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join