It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Apollo DSE "Black Box" Transcripts - revealing the unscripted truth about the Moon & E.T.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+111 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
new video from LunaCognita examines some of the black box recordings on the Apollo missions and the interesting conversations that the astronauts had.

In this examination into NASA's "black box" transcripts, we will look at just a few of the many interesting and revealing comments made by the astronauts throughout the Apollo program that were captured by the CSM's DSE system, as well as touch on some of the scripting protocols employed during the various TV broadcasts made from the CSM during the journey to and from the Moon and while in lunar orbit. Contrary to what many think, those TV broadcasts were in fact elegantly scripted affairs, designed to rigidly control the amount of data that we, the general public, would have available to analyze. Because of this, the DSE and DSEA internal crew conversation transcripts can provide us, in the astronauts own words, an unscripted and less-guarded insight into some of the incredible things they really witnessed during their journey to and from the Moon.

During the Apollo lunar landing program, NASA made use of two primary flight telemetry/voice recording systems aboard their spacecraft. One of these systems was inside the Command/Service Module, and the other was mounted within the Lunar Module. These two systems were known as the DSE (aboard the CSM) and the DSEA (aboard the LM). The "Data Storage Equipment" systems essentially served as Black Box cockpit voice recorders, designed to tape some of the internal conversations between the astronauts while they were out of radio contact with Mission Control in Houston. After contact was re-established during the flight, Mission Control could then dump (downlink) the recorded data from the CSM to Earth, where it would be analyzed.

Unfortunately, NASA today claims that the original DSE Black Box tapes from the Apollo missions are missing and are presumed lost. However, these DSE recordings were transcribed shortly after the contents of the tapes were originally dumped from the CSM to the Earth, and several years after the Apollo program ended, these transcripts finally were declassified and then released to the NASA archives.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Phew! I tried to give this thread a flag but I'm not familiar with how that works. Sorry.

Great thread, it should go on until Jim Oberg declares it "Baloney!"

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Good thread.

It's interesting to get some insight into what the astronauts were saying when the dialog wasn't scripted.

As for what their words prove or don't prove, that is as much of an indication of mental bias as any kind of "proof" but still the comments are interesting, such as talking about someone living in a crater. But I don't take that to mean they really thought anyone was living in the crater.

The rilles near Moltke they mentioned are fascinating features, in fact I've been reading up on rilles lately. Some of them almost have the appearance of ancient river beds but that seems impossible. Some are supposed to be collapsed lava tubes, but that doesn't appear to explain the rilles near Moltke, I'm not sure if anyone really knows what causes those rilles. They are very interesting features.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Great info! A definite s+f.

Seeing things like these boggles the mind about why there hasn't been disclosure as yet. Or at the very least a concentrated effort from NASA skeptics for a "please explain". I have to wonder if the advent of commercial space flights will unwittingly unearth something in the future.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Good find easynow
,something is wrong here
the AS11_CM.pdf shown is Not the same AS11_CM.pdf that we can download from Mission Transcripts

The AS11_CM.pdf shown on video:

The AS11_CM.pdf that is on the Mission Transcripts site.

The AS11_CM.pdf bottom of front page:

I'm not sure what this imply's but now the question is which one of these AS11_CM.pdf's is the Real One

Zelong.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I read the book Moondust by Andrew Smith a couple of years ago which I found really quite interesting as it interviewd all the astronauts from all the Apollo mission, those that stepped on the moon and the ones that had to stay behind to orbit the moon but with the whole Indian discovery of finding water on the moon without even stepping on it, I find it hard to believe now that man has actually walked on the moon although I guess when they do finally retry to do it in 2012 we should see the equipment and flag left by the US astronauts ... not long till we finally discover the truth on that one

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Great thread, I expect Jim olberg here any second to debunk it.

I bet they saw some crazy stuff!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
reply to post by easynow

Phew! I tried to give this thread a flag but I'm not familiar with how that works. Sorry.

If only it were that simple.

Actually, new access to new historical records is always a good thing, even if those promoting it remain clueless about real space jargon and context. The more stuff comes out, the better, in the long run.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I actually didn't really hear anything that was truly interesting in those tapes/read anything. Like the triangular rodes, desolate craters and people that live there probably never leave. The roads good just be geographic formations, desolate craters probably means there is nothing in them and people that live there probably never leave is probably just metaphorical...or a joke or something. Nothing that was said was a silver bullet.

Not saying there aren't aliens on the moon, I have no idea.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Wonders what colony the moon inhabitants are a part of and how would they feel about the moon bombing. s&f

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
phenominal. They know what they are doing - slowly leaking out little bits of evidence about the ET pressence. Little bits at a time - just like these transcribed pieces shown in the video... get everyones feet wet before you dive in!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just an idea, but when they are talking about it being a 'bonfire' or 'campfire', because we are reading a transcript and aren't able to listen to the tone of their voices they could have just been making jokes between themselves.

I know if I was up their with my friends anything we saw that looked 'off' we would explain to each other with humor.

"Ah, what's that big tower down there?"
"That must be the alien defense systems"
"Really? That's big, do you think it has lasers?"
"Most definitely"

Now, reading that as a transcript might be misleading, but take those quotes and say them with a friend using heavy sarcasm and you will know what I mean.

Just like the girl in the disclosure tapes that claimed a Nasa photo developer told her "we airbrush all the moonbases out"

Who's to say that guy wasn't playing a practical joke on the new member of the team? I know if I worked there I would superimpose a base onto some of the moon pics to get a rise out of my co-workers. And if they were that gullible to believe it, I'm sure me and the rest of the people would get a good laugh during our lunch break.

"You should have seen her face when I showed her the 'moon base' pic."
"haha, you didn't really show her that did you?"
"Sure did!"
"And she believed it?"
"hahaha"

So I've created to 'transcripts here to explain some of the theories associated with the moon mysteries. Remember, most of the people that believe in stuff like this want to believe in it. And frankly, when people are that eager to believe in something it's easy to joke around with them. And it's actually quite funny.

When I was a kid, my family told me the ride at Disney World 'Body Wars' shrunk you down inside of a ship and the ship went into a person's body. There was a movie that had come out recently with the same backstory. Me being 7 or 8 years old believed that them when they said it actually shrunk you into a microscopic size. Needless to say it was running joke for the next few years that I ran out of the line because I didn't want to get shrunk down to the size of a atom.

I think about it now and it's pretty funny. Although I wish they talked me into going on the ride after they had their laugh cause it sounded pretty cool afterwards.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
reply to post by easynow

If only it were that simple.

Actually, new access to new historical records is always a good thing, even if those promoting it remain clueless about real space jargon and context. The more stuff comes out, the better, in the long run.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by JimOberg]

What do bonfires and campfires actually refer to?

The photo anomaly of the alleged pyramid structure does make me curious after hearing the comments.

Why would NASA script the live broadcasts like that? I can certainly understand planning the subjects out according to mission progress ahead of time but using "word for word" scripts? Strange.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Probably scripted so it's not a bunch of
"uhhhh"
"Neil, can you pass me the socket 5 wrench"
"hmmm, we are... Where are we again, I can't read the co-ordinates."
"Buzz, did you just let one go."

They want Nasa to look professional, and if they mapped out their flightplan they simply mapped out their conversations to coincide with it.

When was the last time you were on a bus tour somewhere and the drivers speech wasn't scripted.

It doesn't actually seem that odd that it was scripted.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

We are going to know soon enough, eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is incredible.

Grab it while you can folks. It could be gone eventually.

I'm excited to read through all of these, not only the Apollo, but the other missions as well. Maybe there will be more.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

I followed the link you posted and I must say I downloaded it all, I just could not help myself. I'm meant to hit the gym today but something is burning at the back of my mind Read the PDFs, read em till your eyes bleed, forget the gym tonight... READ!

Such temptation should not be allowed

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Now that other countries are exploring space, I am inclined to think that regardless of what crap NASA tries to pull, that many new and exciting things about the moon and other bodies will be revealed.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
thanks everyone for the great reply's

@Zelong...i don't have a Pdf reader at this time so i can't answer your question but i hope to hear from LunaCognita on that. thanks for the info and the link.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just found this in the transcript of Apollo 14 (Command Module) on page 120/121:

LMP: Sure does. Really got a very complex central structure.

CMP: It's got one of the biggest central peaks a_ound. It's a very unusual crater. But there are some dark areas in it that Farouk has gone on record as saying they are dikes.

CMP: High Sun. That's one right down there; Just shows how it dominates the whole photograph. Just an extremely bright crater. Sun angle Just isn't high enough for you to see it here .... Yes, THEY're mining it , I think.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

Who the hell is mining what exactly on the moon?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Terrapop]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join