It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFOs are bogus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
When I was young I was convinced "they" existed, I still to this day want to make contact. After joining this forum and reading post after post about the subject, I really don't think they do. It becomes more and more obvious to that it's man playing a joke man, and people people playing a joke them selves. It's starting to become silly.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There is no concrete proof that Aliens exist.

There is masses of proof that UFO's exist.

Maybe you meant to say "alien craft" instead.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Personally I don’t see how Aliens cant exist somewhere in our universe I really cant. I mean we live in such a HUGE and vast place with so many unexplored regions out there. The fact that we are here though and that we are living things proves that there could be other living things out there aswell because if it happened here then it can happen somewhere else IMO.

Who knows if they are visiting us though who knows if everything that we are seeing in the skies is governmental or extraterrestrial but I don’t see why it can’t be extraterrestrial and I don’t see why that is such a far out idea to some people. But people are still seeing thousands of things in the skies each and every night and personally I don’t think its all government I definitely think Aliens do exist and are at least visiting us aswell.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What - ?

There used to be a term in science to describe the difference between something that is known as fact without the need for testing as a Black Swan - all swans are white - its just a fact - that was BEFORE Australia was settled where they discovered black swans.

Simply because we have not seen aliens does not mean they do not exist - in my mind that is the most ridiculous assumption of possible - in the vastness of universe it would in my mind be impossible for intelligent life NOT to exist elsewhere - they exist - no doubt - it is only a matter of time before we encounter them.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Whats the old saying?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
When I was young I was convinced "they" existed, I still to this day want to make contact. After joining this forum and reading post after post about the subject, I really don't think they do. It becomes more and more obvious to that it's man playing a joke man, and people people playing a joke them selves. It's starting to become silly.

I didnt believe in other humanoids until I met one in France.

lol, just kidding.

I can understand your frustration. Most of us want proof that alien life exists. Thats a common interest that brings us together here. Maybe you should not demand proof for your questions and instead try to conceive what it means to have proof. I would imagine we are better off where we are now on the subject.. in a state of speculation while we converse with each other. Who knows, the day we have proof we may be fighting for our lifes.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
UFO's exist...and by that i mean what appears to be intelligently controlled craft/? that defy and surpass anything we know of. Aliens? im pretty sure they exist in the universe, i don't think they are visiting earth though.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sad to see you change your mind to believe a lie... it's damn obvious they exist and are here all the time...but hey...it's your 3d experience, not mine...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

I agree with your comment about some of the frankly ridiculous claims we seem to be seeing in some of the threads here on ATS.

And I always say that it is healthy to have an element of sceptisism ... after all, it would be naive to blindly accept the word of a 'virtual' someone who you have never met in the flesh ... and are never likely to meet.

When it comes to alien/ufo ... or any of the paranormal topics ... we can only go on our own firsthand experiences.

For example;

I have had more than the average number of paranormal experiences ... a couple of 'possible' UFO sightings ... and one, 100% fully awake, completely conscious abduction experience ... that I would very likely disbelieve fully, were these accounts told to me even by my closest friend ... let alone a total stranger.

But because they actually happened to me I know they were very real (I always look for an alternative and logical explanation for such things and only accept the obvious when nothing else can be found).

This is why it would be wrong of anyone to dismiss out of hand the entire possibility of the existence of such ... simply because you haven't personally had the experience ... yet !

Just remain open-minded to the possibility.

Woody

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well maybe you should read the RIGHT stuff....The REAL UFOLOGY. NOT GFL crap. It is completely ambiguous and obvious you have not done much research into the subject matter. Either that or you are frustrated. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion but I STRONGLY disagree.... Maybe you should check out this thread.

• The ATS Alien/UFO Chronological Thread Directory

Those are REAL CASES, heavily documented by military and others.

EDIT to add: IMHO there is over a 90% chance we are, have been, and will continue to be visited by MANY intelligent civilizations.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by jkrog08]

• posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
    link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner

I don't thik they are bogus. I just think that most people to not know what they are. Too many people read information on the Internet (which is often made up from the top of someone else's head) and then they utilize it as a part of their own view on things. If you want my opinion, most people have a very stereotypical view of aliens and ufo's.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
    link   
    reply to post by jkrog08

Over 90%?
    One of the things that makes me think "maybe" we are being visited by aliens is not abduction cases,folks saying they saw aliens etc it is the engineering aspect or shape of some ufo's. The big cigar shaped luminous yellow type ufo's that are massive in size(apparently) always fry my brain.. trying to think of the human engineer who would come up with such a design is quite hard.

Oh and jkrog, do you think certain governments are in cahoots with aliens?...or do you think they are aware of their presence yet not in contact with them...or they are as in the dark regarding ufo's as everyone else? I can't see them being in cahoots with them to be honest. The actions of governments over the decades don't really make sense if that was the case. Petty wars etc

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
    link   
    Have you ever heared of a guy named Chuck Norris?.....

LOL......just joking.

I respect your thoughts. It is a bit frustrating that UFO's and aliens seem to be illusive. But I say there are too many indications that they are there.

A reason why we (the commen people) do not have tangible evidence that ET excists is that there is a group of people who have the resources to do everything in their power to keep the facts hidden from us.

Why they do that is an other thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Solomons

Again, read the directory I linked, not many are abductions, most are military-type sightings...

The over 2000 reports, most from military, plus the specious and ambiguous documents leave no other option imho.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
    link   

Silly or not, aliens do exist.

Have you ever seen pictures from different galaxies in Space? How can you even begin to think they do NOT exist.

Jokes or not, UFO's do exist.

Do some proper reseach by yourself
    and stop reading only forum info.

As for disclosure any time soon .... I hope so .... but it's the same with ALL lies isn't it? People (governments) who start lying and lie again and again and again and again to protect their 1st lie will be so caught up in coverring their own a*ses that any Truth is hardly to come out .... ever!

Humanity still has to go a long way

Make peace with yourself first, then with those around you and then with every living creature on this planet and maybe then, just maybe the aliens will show themselves.

Namaste!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:22 AM
    link   
    reply to post by audas

It is actually a quite ridiculous and false argument to say 'the universe is so vast there have to be other life forms'. You cannot use the size of something as proof of the existence of something. You just can't.
    But it is equally silly to say it's impossible.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Solomons

Oh and jkrog, do you think certain governments are in cahoots with aliens?...or do you think they are aware of their presence yet not in contact with them...or they are as in the dark regarding ufo's as everyone else? I can't see them being in cahoots with them to be honest. The actions of governments over the decades don't really make sense if that was the case. Petty wars etc

Yes I do. Various documents, whistleblowers (in which I trust), and logic considering the phenomena is the reason. I would just suggest you read up on some of the major cases, documents, etc. But yea, I am pretty sure.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:28 AM
    link   
    You are fighting your mind.
    The among of proof is huge.
    Its just that our governments do not want for us to know, to keep us under control.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:45 AM
    link   
    Well, my take on this is: we need to keep an open mind like a good scientist would do. However we are up against some pretty nasty stuff here.

Fakers= people who have a thing about faking photos, videos, and telling lie's about UFOs. On top of that we have to sift through tons of disinformation that was put out by people who do not want you to know the truth.

It gets mind boggling and that can lead to disbelief in your thinking. I find myself always stepping back from the problem for fresh air. The force we are up against here is a very good strategy in that it uses less energy then it puts out. In other words, a little purposely injected disinformation mixed with crack pots, mixed with fakers, mixed with uncertainty = how do you feel?

I think the way to beat this is to =take a side, if you believe then= BELIEVE, you will know what's real and what's not the deeper you dig. It would take you 5 years if you started now to explore all the information we now have.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by intothelight]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
    link   

Mosesgunner I was of the same mind in the 1970"s.

I was convinced that I had a good Handel on the way the world works.
    I was sure that my god was just as I perceived.
    I was jaded man's technical prowess.

I was in the military stationed at Holloman AFB in New Mexico.
    I thought flight instrument procedure's to pilots.
    We had fully functional "squadrons" of self
    up in the mountains’ in Roswell. (F117)
    I knew they were being id'ed as UFO's at the time.

Without warning my perception was changed by a daytime group abduction that ended up with F15's chasing our abductors.

I have come to know that solid proof is only for the person that received it.
    I have come to know that God can make the world any way he wants.
    Who do we think we are to question his creation?
    To question the process
    Or the what, or how. Or threw who he chose to create things.
    Dose he choose how to maintain his creation.
    I don’t know.....

I started having flash backs of the events a decade after it happened.
    I experienced it firsthand & still question it.
    Thank god that my wife & others were with me the time; or I would declare myself nuts.

I asked God for something.
    Something solid that I could hold in my hand.
    Proof that something beyond my small view as reality
    Was in fact physically happening.

My answer was given to me as "white tree leaves".
    In my front yard, in the middle of the summer.
    If you are looking for solid proof then ask god for it.

Then when you do receive it then realize it may just meant to be for you.
    At the time I believed that the white leaves proof meant for us all.
    I watched as a Mufon investigator was chased by black helicopter
    After collecting samples of the leaves.
    I watched circumstances’ in which my wife threw out my samples in anger from our freezer.

I look forward to the future.
    A future that might allow us.
    Or our children to have a little bigger piece of the truth.

I don’t think we are going to be allowed to change
    The fundamental way people perceive the world,
    But I do have hope.

If enough of us that have been there simply stand up.
    Asking that the public simply look up from there busy lives.
    Encouraging the public to simply ask why they are being left in the dark.

If you can keep the public from burning us on the cross.
    If you can keep us from losing our jobs & family.
    There might be a wave of truth that comes forward.
    The power of witch simply sweeps away blanket that has been cast over the general public's perception of reality.

1 101010

--Watcher

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join