It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were The Nephilim Extraterrestrials?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Tonight I debated with my friend just for old time sakes. My friend is a Christian. We discussed about aliens in the Bible. This friend asked me for chapters and verses and Hebrew term definitions.

Anyway, here goes.

In Genesis 6:4, the Hebrew term for "giants" is Nephilim, which means "the fallen ones".

It is interesting to note that in Genesis 6:2, the phrase "sons of God" in Hebrew is bene elohim, which means sons of gods (plural). The same Hebrew term in Genesis 1:1.

We all know about Zecharia Sitchin's definition of Nephilim. However, it's interesting that the Bible make a contrast between the sons of gods and the daughters of men.

Anyway, I came across this Christian website. I read it and they made some silly arguments. Let me give you some quotes.

The Bible, the revealed written Word of God teaches that life is only possible through a process of creation. Even if there were other galaxies with planets very similar to earth, life could only be there if the Creator had fashioned it. If God had done that, and if these beings were going to visit us one day, then He would surely not have left us unenlightened about this.

That needs no comment.

God has given us rather specific details of the future—for example, the return of Jesus, and some details about the end of the world. The universe will, at some future point, be rolled up like a scroll (Isaiah 34:4, Revelation 6:14). If God had created living beings elsewhere, this would automatically destroy their dwelling place as well. Adam's sin caused all of creation to be affected by the Curse, so why would a race of beings, not of Adam's (sinful) seed, have their part of creation affected by the Curse, and then be part of the restoration brought about by Christ, the last Adam? All of this would seem exceedingly strange.

Gee, good argument right there.

Some have claimed that the nephilim, or the “sons of God,” both mentioned in Genesis 6:2-4, were aliens. This is a wild extension of a common view that the “sons of God” who married the “daughters of men” were fallen angels, and that the nephilim were products of those “marriages.”

“Sons of God” is clearly used of angels in Job 38:7. The Septuagint (LXX) here translates “sons of God” as “angels of God.” This need not mean that evil angels, or demons, actually cohabited with women—Jesus made it clear that angels do not engage in sexual activities, at least not angels in heaven (Matthew 22:30). Nevertheless, evil angels on earth could have used the bodies of ungodly men, by demonic possession, to achieve their evil purpose of producing an evil generation of people (Genesis 6:12).

So which one is it? The demons or possession? If it's possession, then that would mean offsprings are possessed, correct? Doesn't make any sense. People born of such unions are "possessed" from the get go.

That still doesn't answer why the Hebrew word elohim was being used here. It says what it say. No amount of theological argument will change that.

It is clear that the terms are being used to describe a race as SOMETHING DIFFERENT from human race.

Bible scholars such as H.C. Leupold believe that the “sons of God” were descendants of Seth, the godly line who are detailed in the preceding chapter (Genesis 4:25-5:32). Leupold wrote, “But who were these ‘sons of God’? Without a shadow of a doubt, the Sethites.”[3] In this view, the descendants of Seth became wayward and married the “daughters of men” indiscriminately, basing their choice only on appearance, without concern for godliness, and the nephilim were their offspring.

Grasping at the straws? Clearly they have NO ANSWER.

The reason stars were made are given to us in several places in the Bible, not only in the well-known Psalm 19 but especially in the creation account. In Genesis 1:14 we read: “And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to divide between the day and the night. And let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years.”

Thus, God made the stars for mankind on earth, not for another alien race “out there.” Add to this the sequence of creation (on the first day the earth, and only on the fourth day the stars), and it is easy to see the thrust of the biblical testimony, that the purpose of creation is uniquely centered on this earth.

Uh okay? It's okay to ignore cosmology? Ok, I wont go there.

On August 7th, 1996, NASA (America's National Space and Aeronautics Administration) made a surprise announcement that was quickly reported throughout the world. Almost every news service, national and local news program, newspaper, and talk show soon discussed this "discovery of the century." Scientists throughout the world have been accepting hasty media interviews on the subject and excitedly saying some very foolish things—without actually having read the research papers. Some would have us believe that man evolved from these “seeds” blown from a distant planet. Others boldly say we now know that the whole universe is populated with living creatures of every description.

Has the existence of extraterrestrial life finally been proven?

Certainly not, here are the facts.

Discovering life on another planet is the “Holy Grail” of many modern scientists. Annually, millions of dollars are spent on the search. Year after year, absolutely no evidence has been found. Now that this unusual meteorite has been examined, these scientists have a tiny shred of evidence of a tiny bacteria—but the slimmest, weakest, most insubstantial of evidences. One wonders if the purpose of this announcement was more than anything else, another attempt by NASA to reap more taxpayer money. NASA has been doing a lot of public relations publicity recently—on the airwaves, the Internet, and in Congress—trying to justify their huge budget for extraterrestrial exploration and ignite the public's imagination and support.

I have had someone actually tell me in person that it wasn't possible that aliens exist because Jesus was human and he died for mankind. Adam's sin would have corrupted the ENTIRE universe. If, say, Klingons were to exist, Jesus would have been a Klingon as well. Actually, here's an exact quote from that site:

Furthermore, Jesus dying for alien beings makes no sense, since Jesus took on human nature, and remains the God-man forever as our Savior. If He were to atone for Vulcans, say, he would need to become a Vulcan. The whole purpose of creation is focused on the race on earth, of which some will be Christ's “bride” throughout eternity. Christ will not have multiple “brides.”

Yeah, makes sense. Yeah right.

Nephilim WERE aliens. And that's just ONE example in the bible.

www.christiananswers.net...
www.christiananswers.net...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Probably should have posted this in CiR, but I will put forth more argument that Nephilim were actually aliens.

Most of my studies came from Zecharian Sitchin's books, but there are other sources as well.

The oddest part of that chapter is the fact that it makes a distinction between sons of gods and daughters of men.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
David recognized that there were other beings in the "skies" in this verse:

For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?

Psalms 89:6

At least a Christian admitted this!

The word which is translated, "giants", in the King James version of the Bible is, in Hebrew, "Nephilim", which means, "Those who fell, or ... the fallen ones". Jude, the brother of Jesus describes them as "angels, having left their first estate in heaven". These fallen angels came to earth for a serious purpose.

www.mt.net...

Ok, so they're from the "heaven".

What is the definition of alien?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I could never get past this passage

Genesis 1:26 - “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness."

Who is US and OUR????????? And the whole rib, bioengineering thing????

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is a fascinating subject,but it gets pretty complicated! Tom Horn has done a great job researching this,among other things. If you have the time,check out his work!

From www.newswithviews.com...
("Apollyon Rising 2012",by Tom Horn)

QUOTE:

..."To understand how the pagan god of death and destruction so cleverly hidden in the Great Seal of the United States could fulfill the Sibyl’s conjure and return with "the life of gods" with "Heroes and gods commingling," we gaze into the distant past, when the forbidden science was initially used, and to the powerful beings that first developed it and that may be planning to use it again.

As far back as the beginning of time and within every major culture of the ancient world, the astonishingly consistent story is told of ‘gods’ that descended from heaven and materialized in bodies of flesh. From Rome, to Greece, and before that to Egypt, Persia, Assyria, Babylonia and Sumer, the earliest records of civilization tell of the era when powerful beings known to the Hebrews as Watchers and in the Book of Genesis as the Benei Ha-Elohim (Sons of God), mingled themselves with humans, giving birth to part-celestial, part-terrestrial hybrids known as Nephilim. The Bible says this happened when men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them. When the Sons of God saw the women’s beauty, they took wives from among them to sire their unusual offspring. In Genesis 6:4 we read the following account:

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

When this scripture is compared with other ancient texts including Enoch, Jubilees, Baruch, Genesis Apocryphon, Philo, Josephus, Jasher and so on, it unfolds to some that the giants of the Old Testament, such as Goliath, were the part-human part-animal part-angelic offspring of a supernatural interruption into the divine order and natural evolution of the species. The Apocryphal Book of Enoch gives a name to the angels involved in this cosmic conspiracy, calling them Watchers. We read:

And I Enoch was blessing the Lord of majesty and the King of the ages, and lo! the Watchers called me—Enoch the scribe—and said to me: ‘Enoch, thou scribe of righteousness, go, declare to the Watchers of the heaven who have left the high heaven, the holy eternal place, and have defiled themselves with women, and have done as the children of earth do, and have taken unto themselves wives: "Ye have wrought great destruction on the earth: And ye shall have no peace nor forgiveness of sin: and inasmuch as they delight themselves in their children [the Nephilim], The murder of their beloved ones shall they see, and over the destruction of their children shall they lament, and shall make supplication unto eternity, but mercy and peace shall ye not attain" (1 Enoch 10:3-8)."...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Yes, that has been discussed millionth times before on ATS and elsewhere.

The fact is that the same Hebrew term "Elohim" is used in Genesis 6 and in Genesis 1!

Elohim is plural which means gods.

The entire Bible is about aliens interacting with mankind!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Well that's a stretch...

I would agree that some text is pretty far out there but the entire bible? Nah.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Thanks for sharing that link.

And I Enoch was blessing the Lord of majesty and the King of the ages, and lo! the Watchers called me—Enoch the scribe—and said to me: ‘Enoch, thou scribe of righteousness, go, declare to the Watchers of the heaven who have left the high heaven

Yes, who were the "watchers" from the heaven?

Again, they are NOT from Earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well that's a stretch...

I would agree that some text is pretty far out there but the entire bible? Nah.

Okay, maybe saying that it's the entire Bible is a bit of a stretch, but you have to admit that it is a bit odd in the O.T. stating that there are various beings from sky coming down to Earth to interact with humans.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Nephilim were not themselves aliens. They were the offspring product of human women and angelic beings (fallen ones). It was these fallen ones that chose to come down to Earth and do this. Their children were the Nephilim. Super human creatures without remorse for any action they commit. They were gigantic in nature and the Bible lists them off including their height, as much as 30+ feet in some cases. There were races of them even after the flood because the fallen ones kept coming to Earth and kept doing it. According to Daniel 2:9 they will do it at least one more time prior to the return of Christ.

The heavens are filled with life. God created the heavens and the Earth and the "host" of them (Gen 2:1) The word "host" as mentioned here means a mass of persons, or people, including but not limited to armies ect.

From Strongs Exhaustive Concordance:

HOST
H6635
צבאה צבא
tsâbâ' tsebâ'âh
tsaw-baw', tseb-aw-aw'
From H6633; a mass of persons (or figurative things), especially regularly organized for war (an army); by implication a campaign, literally or figuratively (specifically hardship, worship): - appointed time, (+) army, (+) battle, company, host, service, soldiers, waiting upon, war (-fare).

God created the heavens.... and the Earth. God created the host of the heavens... and of the Earth.

Just to note, alien is anything that is not of this Earth. That which comes down to Earth from somewhere else is alien by default, so being an alien doesn't mean you have to be a gray, although I believe the grays are modern day Nephilim. It just means not of the Earth. Angels are from the heavens, and in Heaven. The book of Jude says that they chose to leave their first estate and take on the appearance of man.

An angel could walk up on the street and say Hi ! and you couldn't tell him from any other man unless he revealed his true self to you.

So in the end, the Nephilim are not aliens, they are a hybrid. The fallen ones, that is, the fallen angels are aliens in the sense that their place is not the Earth but the heavens and Heaven.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

check the clip in this thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

some new bible quotes which i had not heard before.....

but which books?

king james...... book of enoch...... dead sea scrolls.......

if this is the '5th sun' on planet earth.... or otherwise.... we know jack $^$^ about our past.....

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

You're welcome! (It has taught me alot lately. And exposed me to even more than I can fathom,I'm afraid!)

Aliens are not anything I am looking forward to encountering! (If I ever do,I will consider them some form of "demon",and rebuke them in the name of Jesus,as in Luke 10:17!)

If you read much of "Apollyon Rising",you'll be amazed at the things he brings together,especially concerning the prophecies about 2012 from so many different beliefs! Whew! Awesome stuff!)

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

It was these fallen ones that chose to come down to Earth and do this.

Fell down from where?

Their children were the Nephilim.

That implies that the "fallen angels" were physical and was able to have sexual interactions with human women.

Just to note, alien is anything that is not of this Earth. That which comes down to Earth from somewhere else is alien by default, so being an alien doesn't mean you have to be a gray, although I believe the grays are modern day Nephilim. It just means not of the Earth. Angels are from the heavens, and in Heaven. The book of Jude says that they chose to leave their first estate and take on the appearance of man.

That's a start at least.

Why call them sons of gods (elohim)? The same Hebrew term is used in Genesis 1.

So in the end, the Nephilim are not aliens, they are a hybrid. The fallen ones, that is, the fallen angels are aliens in the sense that their place is not the Earth but the heavens and Heaven.

Like I said, that's a start.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

check this.....

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

The bible is the most error prone publication in the world! Yet the faithful call it inerrant. Adam and Eve are told by god about parents when they just got created; Eve is Adam's wife without so much as an engagement or wedding ceremony; without any past experience of violence Cain offs his brother; god doesn't know that Cain killed his brother!; Cain says that anyone finding him will kill him, like who else is there besides Adam, Eve, and now Cain; then Cain has intercourse with his wife - where the hell did she come from? And Irad became a father, and his son also became a father, ad infinitum. Where are the women who had to give birth to these rabbits?

A worthless, totally errant book mostly stolen from other peoples.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by The Shrike]

[edit on 31-12-2009 by The Shrike]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It was these fallen ones that chose to come down to Earth and do this.

Fell down from where?

Their children were the Nephilim.

That implies that the "fallen angels" were physical and was able to have sexual interactions with human women.

That's a start at least.

Why call them sons of gods (elohim)? The same Hebrew term is used in Genesis 1.

Like I said, that's a start.

They fell (descended from the sky) to the Earth. They came down to Earth. The word "fallen" refers to their fallen state of transgression against the will of God. Adam and the human race is a fallen race.

The "sons of God" (fallen angels) could take on human form and did. And yes, they could breed.

The reason they use elohim is because they were the "sons" of God, that is bene elohim, not God Himself.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The "sons of God" (fallen angels) could take on human form and did. And yes, they could breed.

To requote:

“Sons of God” is clearly used of angels in Job 38:7. The Septuagint (LXX) here translates “sons of God” as “angels of God.” This need not mean that evil angels, or demons, actually cohabited with women—Jesus made it clear that angels do not engage in sexual activities, at least not angels in heaven (Matthew 22:30). Nevertheless, evil angels on earth could have used the bodies of ungodly men, by demonic possession, to achieve their evil purpose of producing an evil generation of people (Genesis 6:12).

All I see is theology. There are many kinds of theology I can not tell anything.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It is important to note that the Bible is not the only scripture to mention the beings from outer space and their flying crafts.

We have to keep in mind that the creation story in Genesis is just a summary of Enuma Elisha.

All those scriptures kept talking about the beings from outer space interacting with humankind.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Yeah it's an "errant" book. There's more to the Bible than meets the eyes. Genesis is just a watered down book and a summary of various previous scriptures which probably describe aliens interaction with mankind much more accurately.

There are way much older books or "scriptures" describing aliens and their flying crafts.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The traditional Jewish view, deriving from the Book of Enoch, is that the fathers of the nephilim, the "sons of God", were the Grigori (a class of fallen angels also called the Watchers); however, there is some controversy on this point (Targum Jonathan) [1]. Some commentators suggest the nephilim were believed to have been fathered by members of a proto-Hebrew pantheon, and are a brief glimpse of early Hebrew religion, most of the details of which was later edited out from the Torah. Others, especially some Christians, suggest the "sons of God" were fully human. It is sometimes suggested that ridding the Earth of these nephilim was one of God's purposes for flooding the Earth in Noah's time.

Whoa I see that somebody's been messing around with ATS. It's a mess right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join