It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was touched by something

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hello, jem.

I was responding to the OP.

Everybody's experiences are different, of course. And, as I said in my post, I was not writing to say that he hadn't been touched, but only that there was nothing in his post that was out of the ordinary.

Sorry if that wasn't clear; hope that all is clearer now.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

No doubt it could have been something like that. But I saw something out of the corner of my eye as well. It felt to me like there was someone there with me.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi, sage.

I do understand that. But the overall effect of ordinary human perceptual processing is to construct a surround-world, a "best guess" as to how things are likely to be in order to produce the current combination of sensations and inferences.

That you saw something out of the corner of your eye, and interpreted that acquisition as a person, increases the probability that you will also feel a personal touch soon thereafter.

That is true regardless of whether the cue, the "something" on the visual periphery, is or is not a person. The two inferences go together to create a coherent world, regardless of whether either of them is factually correct.

I can only witness that the false detection of personal presence is an ordinary, frequent, and routine part of human life. There is nothing in your report except that you detected a personal presence, and that you were unable to find a corresponding person, after a suitable investigation.

You have your preference as to how the incident should be explained. I am not sure that I prefer an alternative hypothesis, but I am unable to exclude a common event. So, that is what I post.

There is no question of "persuasion" in either direction. It is a discussion in which we each describe what we make of the facts as you have presented them.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is could only be a case for Touched by an Angel.

Spacecadet
No more typing for you.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have had similar experience while I was trying to astral project. I felt a dark area in the kitchen at night was filled with a dark being and could see movement from the corner of my eye all the time. After some internet searching I came to the conclusion as strange as it may sound that we can create what we want - the law of attraction.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ghosts don't exist, (well as far as souls left behind from dead people) the only way a spirit,demon,ghost,apparition or what ever you would like to call it, are real, yes, but not like you think, they are demons, bodieless, souless demons, not of this world, the only way for communication, presence or any kind of interactions, are your call, the only way a demon can affect you is if you let it, invite it in, by whatever means, ie, weegie board sp?, demonistic, paranoraml, or things with magic,witchcraft and other forms of entertainment and practices, so it should be some comfort to know that the only way bad spirits ie demons can affect you is if you openly let them,

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sounds like you have a gentle spirit. (=

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I lost a very close friend of mine early last year and during the summer, I would have the sensation of spider web strings laying over my hands and forearms as I took my late night walks in the sub-division I live in. There would be no wind, or maybe a breeze now and then on some nights, but the web strings seemed to be interactive and would lift and settle down again in other places on my arms and hands if I stopped, showed them attention and encouraged them. Of course, I assumed that it was my friend that was trying to let me know that she was there, but to be honest, I have no way of knowing for sure.

I have since discovered some references to ghost-webs as being one manner of spirit touch, but only in a couple places on the Internet.

I wonder, has anyone else here ever heard of spirit touch feeling like invisible (and proven to be non-existent) cobweb strings. It's almost as if they are statically charged, but initially they simply feel like cobwebs.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I just finished making a podcast about the ghost box session that my wife and I did in our house after the Jason video. I will post a link here once I get it online.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well I have tried three times to upload my podcast to ATS without any luck. It keeps telling me that the file format is not supported. I have it in mp3 format and under the max size so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I was able to get it onto another host however and so it is posted on my webpage M&M Paranormal.

This new stuff has me and my family sort of shaking our heads wondering what is going on. The podcast is 23 mins in length, I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hi SageStranger,
I am sorry to hear about your encounter. There are several things I feel that need to be cleared up. Dead people, like a relative would have no impact on the spiritual world whatsoever, this is a misunderstanding most people have. The dead do not have any consciousness because their souls are else where. But there are several explanations of what did happen.
Firstly, an entity touching you isn't quite accurate, even though you still felt a hand doesn't mean they touched you, if It did you wouldn't be here. What you felt is a Manifestation. What a Manifestation is, is a being usually a demon trying to gather enough energy around its surroundings so it can appear (Not to the naked eye usually) When this happens people usually feel cold and like someone is watching them or they feel like something touched them. They feel this because the energy ie electrons, protons, are being destroyed and dispursed further than where you are so you feel this affect via a hand or whatever.
Remember, Manifestations are very dangerous and should not be taken lightly especially if you have kids. I hope you have a clear understanding of what god is and who he is for you. He is never the same person for 2 people, thus why religion is retarded. I hope you are safe and if you want a more rigiourous explanation of it via Mathematics please message me.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Do not look at encounter of this kind to be a negative experiance. Many, many people have mentioned to me that moments like these a something they crave where as I have had them off and on since I was 14 years old and now they are a part of my life. I watched an interview with David Icke some years ago where he mentioned that his first experiance of this kind started when he had what he described as a 'cobweb' touching his face and after research was informed that this was a ghostly/inter dimensional encounter.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

I've had a similar experience, about 5 years ago we were getting ready to move out of our two story house. Everyone else was down stairs, my bed room was right in front of the stairs. I had decided to turn in early that night, I had left the door open and the hall way light on. I felt something pull my arm, keep in mind I was the only one upstairs at the time and I would have heard someone coming up the stairs and I would have noticed the light disappear from their shadow(my bed was in front of the door).

We've also had odd things happen throughout the years we've lived there. We had a Piano in our dinning room, it had a church song book resting on the music holder. Anyone whose seen these books know their not light, but it would occasionally fly off of the piano and land half way across the room. Later as we were getting closer to moving, a picture in my grandma's room had fallen straight off the nail, it was an older painting, and it had just fallen straight down. The nail was still in the wall, and the string was still intact.

I would love someone to explain all those.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I've felt very gentle touches for many years. Sometimes I even see slight shadows out of the corner of my eye as whatever approaches before I feel touched. The strange thing about the touches is that I do not feel anything when I go to other places and spend the night. It's like someone or even multiple people have moved in with me. I don't feel threatened at all and don't think it's any big deal. It's not like things are flying around in my house.

One thing I do not like to feel is when an invisible insect seems to touch my leg or foot. It feels like something landed on me but I can dissipate that sensation by swatting it. I never see anything. Fortunately this doesn't happen real often. Thinking about ghosts and even invisible insects makes you wonder if you could be interacting with another dimension. The 5th dimension?

I could have sworn for awhile that I got away from whatever for a brief while after I moved into my new house. Then it seemed like something or someone moved in with me before too much time went by.

My parents house had electrical problems with touch lights just randomly changing brightness from time to time. My mother used to joke that someone who wasn't there liked to play with the lights.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
Ghosts don't exist, (well as far as souls left behind from dead people) the only way a spirit,demon,ghost,apparition or what ever you would like to call it, are real, yes, but not like you think, they are demons, bodieless, souless demons, not of this world, the only way for communication, presence or any kind of interactions, are your call, the only way a demon can affect you is if you let it, invite it in, by whatever means, ie, weegie board sp?, demonistic, paranoraml, or things with magic,witchcraft and other forms of entertainment and practices, so it should be some comfort to know that the only way bad spirits ie demons can affect you is if you openly let them,

No offense intended, but you speak as this is fact. None of your statements are provable, simply an unconfirmable hypothesis. So you have an opinion which even you can't prove which you are presenting as fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

I had a similar experience a while back in my room. i was going to bed and i bent over to turn the computer off by the mains, and as i switched it off i felt something pat my head, my mom and sister were in bed so it wasnt them. i was really creeped out by it and slept downstairs

top topics

<< 1   >>

join