It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab on UK watch-list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Bomb suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab on UK watch-list

news.bbc.co.uk

A man charged with trying to blow up a plane had been on a UK watch-list, Home Secretary Alan Johnson has said.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, was refused a visa in May and was placed on a security list after he applied to study at a bogus college.

The Nigerian man targeted a Detroit-bound flight with explosives hidden in his clothes, it is claimed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nydailynews.com
www.politico.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama says US will pursue plane bomb plotters

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
All this seems very strange, now with Obama launching a full scale investigation accusing countries like Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen,etc. But how in the world did this guy who had explosives strapped to his body get past all the screening and security I mean when ever I take a flight they almost literally strip me down, if I have a belt on it will sound the alarm but a BOMB!? Cmon!
I smell false flag all over again!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
From what I have gathered about this story is that the man had the explosives litterally sewn into his clothes, although I may have misunderstood.

Never the less, this approach was obviously a new one and probably quite easy to slip past security without anyone discovering that he was wearing the bomb. It has been said that other indicators were there and should have rung alarm bells, such as the complete lack of luggage and the fact he was already on several of these lists.

I think, at the end of the day, this is a combination of a new technique coupled with a big helping of incompetance/ambivalence from security staff.

Just wait for the day when they start having bombs surgically inserted into their own body cavity. Even the new body scanners they are bringing in won't pick those up.

Seems obvious, doesn't it? If they were as such a threat as they are made out to be, they should have done it years ago, but we all know these Muslim "terrorists" couldn't organise an explosion in a bomb factory, so they'd probably cock it up. They spend months/years "planning" attacks, only for most of them to go tits up.

Give me £1000 and 3 hours and I could cause carnage that would make the London bombings look like a childrens party (I won't though, for any spooks watching, I am just citing how useless these Islamic guys are)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Just wait for the day when they start having bombs surgically inserted into their own body cavity. Even the new body scanners they are bringing in won't pick those up.

Lets hope we shall never meet that day. Thanks for the information.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
All of this is highly suspicious considering all of the controversy surrounding the events happening around the world, from Obama's "birth certificate", the highly suspicious nature of September 11th, and the even more controversial "War on Terror".

Truth and Lies of 9/11 : Mike Ruppert, C.I.A. Drug Running, and Your Government

Something sure seems a little hokey if you ask me, because credibility is being called into question around the globe because of these types of events, as we remember the suspicious things like "identity theft" conspiracies surrounding our identifying numbers in Washington D.C. when so many different agencies were losing briefcases, laptops, or other confidential information.

No Place To Hide : Face Recognition, Information Data-Mining, and Loss of Anonymity

I have to wonder at all the building conflict and how it seems peace cannot be agreed upon, or at least it may be synthetic in nature because conflict has to cease, eventually.

Divide and Conquer : Political Ideology of the Power Elite, Selling The Peace, War Is The Motive

To me counter-terror only propagates more acts of terror, so would not anti-terror make more sense, elimination of the conflict through stopping the terror?

I'm speaking of course about terrorism barriers and foreign policy that does not continue spreading more reasons for those Middle Eastern cultures to attack us because of our desire for oil within their deserts.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Surely like you said "Anti Terror" will never work, it is a lie, but the powers that be use this horrible tactic to create more terror and fear on foreign lands and domestic, that is their way to hold on to their power. They are scared to loose their power. That is why there has been a dumb down of the world so we wont realize this, they play with their little tanks and play war so we are distracted from the real truth, LOVE! Sooner or later we will all know their little secrets and their power will fade away.
Their very existence will be threatened.

Love and Light to all.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
From most successful and unsuccessful terrorist attacks that i have heard
of i find it very strange that the majority of them were being watched by MOD ect not just in the UK but USA also.

EDIT: i mean how could they not know it was going to happen i mean i am talking about the MOD hear.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by To Many Lies]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JahKinG SouLJaH
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Surely like you said "Anti Terror" will never work, it is a lie, but the powers that be use this horrible tactic to create more terror and fear on foreign lands and domestic, that is their way to hold on to their power. They are scared to loose their power. That is why there has been a dumb down of the world so we wont realize this, they play with their little tanks and play war so we are distracted from the real truth, LOVE! Sooner or later we will all know their little secrets and their power will fade away.
Their very existence will be threatened.

Love and Light to all.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I said there.

I said "counter-terror" does not work, "anti-terror" makes more sense.

"Counter-terror" propagates the negative cycle and "anti-terror" is proactively stopping the event through preventative measures.

top topics

join