It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez Says Colombia May Attack 'Fake' Guerrilla Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Chavez Says Colombia May Attack 'Fake' Guerrilla Base

www.bloomberg.com

olombia is preparing to attack Venezuela in an operation that will be made to look like its objective is a base of Colombian guerrillas, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said

“They say, and many people believe, there are guerrilla bases in our territory supported by the government,” Chavez said, in a speech to troops today that was shown on state television. “They are preparing the terrain to attack Venezuelan territory, simulating an encampment.”

Chavez said Colombia’s military would ju
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Not a Hugo fan, not a hater either

Sometimes perhaps you have to be a hugo or a castro to disallow certain imperial countries to sent covert agents in said country for a coup d'etat.

But at the end of the day I know there's alot of rising tension between Columbia and Venezuela.

I also know that Obama wanted a base in Columbia, the people protested, but...it still happened.

Hugo is a threat to the U.S. because of oil.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just more loud mouth poo from the tin-plated dictator.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Chavez reminds me of a apoplectic Chihuahua on crack with a bad case of st vitus dance.

Don't listen to anything that guy has to say. He'll give you the Mental Herpes.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
isnt it so very convenient that all of our enemies have something to do with oil... were attacking some of the poorest nations in the world and they are the bad guys??? (somalia, afghanistan, yemen, palestine, etc.) the MSM does a good job of brainwashing the american public thats fer sure..

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
isnt it so very convenient that all of our enemies have something to do with oil... were attacking some of the poorest nations in the world and they are the bad guys??? (somalia, afghanistan, yemen, palestine, etc.) the MSM does a good job of brainwashing the american public thats fer sure..

So you actually believe that NO attacks of any kind have been carried out by groups that are from or train from any of the countries you listed? I had to go back and read your post again to make sure that you were not being sarcastic.

I do believe that the MSM does at times have an agenda but please!?! It is pretty clear that terrible acts have been carried out from these countries when the groups themselves claim credit for them and said groups are known to exist in some of these places.

Oh yeah...... and Hugo is a certified nut job.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by nonnez]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just a reminder but Hugo Chavez was ousted in a U.S. backed coup in 2003.

At the time Bush called it "democracy in action" and later condemned it after Chavez managed to get back in power with the help of loyal soldiers.

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you. That said I would be surprised if the U.S. or Colombia acting as a U.S. proxy was still trying to get rid of Chavez. He is on his last term in office and his attempts to amend the Constitution to allow him to run again have not been successful.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbox1980
Just a reminder but Hugo Chavez was ousted in a U.S. backed coup in 2003.

At the time Bush called it "democracy in action" and later condemned it after Chavez managed to get back in power with the help of loyal soldiers.

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you. That said I would be surprised if the U.S. or Colombia acting as a U.S. proxy was still trying to get rid of Chavez. He is on his last term in office and his attempts to amend the Constitution to allow him to run again have not been successful.

Its amazing that people forget the fact the USA helped the coup in 2002... The coup was not 10, 20 or 30 years ago! It's was just 7 years ago. And the same people call him ditactor, paranoid etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hello fine people,

I like to recommend 2 video's for some more inside info.
The propaganda we've seen on the tube is mere bull#.

The first one is from: John Pilger and it's called the war on democracy.
The coup also is very good explained. I did let a tear.

The second one is in Spanish with English subs and it's called: the revolution will not be televised.
Here the coup is the whole documentary.

I think the man is some kind of Hero.

Hope you like them, peace Vincent.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
North American PTB are doing a good job painting Hugo Chavez as a diabolic dictator.
Let's just not forget that he was elected by a vast majority, and they still support him.
Those in Venezuela that don't like him are mostly a selected and very small pseudo-elite that ruled the country before this change.

People who think he is a nut-case, or don't believe in US involvement in the setup of the coup, should go out and watch the movie/documentary called "The revolution will not be televised"... real eye opener for those who are still in denial.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
good post.
there is definatly something fishy going on down there. time will tell. i dont think i want to know what time has to say however.
when will the PTB just leave good enough alone. they already have 4 other illegals wars or invasions going on all over the world. do they really need one more?

chavez might be a little too much for them to chew. he knows what hes dealing with and hes been preparing for 8 years. hes heavily armed with some advanced russian tech and he has allies.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm glad somebody in the U.S. govt. is providing Chavez the info to protect his nation, particularly about this planned fake attack on a supposed base.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The Rockefellers want Hugo out. That is all this is about.

That's why the MSM paint him as the bad guy, even though the vast majority if his people support him.

Whether he stays in power should be up to the people of Venezuela, not the Rockefellers.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

yes, yes they do. It looks like a lot of the ATS crowd are brainwashed pretty good, perhaps 50% of people would disagree on here.

Alarming, isn't it?

Abductee

new topics

top topics

join