It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare ‘blue moon’ will light up the sky this New Year’s Eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
topnews.us... ar-s-eveThe proverbial 'once in a blue moon' phenomenal occurrence is on the cards this Thursday, December 31 - the New Year's Eve - which will mark the second full moon for the month, after the first full moon on December 2!

According to stargazing astronomers, the New Year 2010 will be ushered in alongside a genuine 'blue moon.' And, as per the prediction of astronomer David Reneke of Australasian Science magazine, the next 'blue moon' New Year's Eve will likely occur only by 2028.

Noting that the 'once in a blue moon' adage is not associated with the color of the moon alone, Conrad Jung, a staff astronomer at Oakland's Chabot Space & Science Center, said" It's just a colloquial term, which means very, very rare. It's not so much a phenomenon, but an event of timing."

The astronomers also clarified that while the two-full-moons-in-a-month occurrence is not as rare as most people might expect it to be - it occurs once in every thirty months; the last being June
2007 - the 'blue moon' this time round will be the first to light up the night sky on New Year's Eve since 1990.

The 'blue moon' New Year's Eve is considered to be special and it is generally associated with crazier-than-usual-behavior among revelers. Moreover, as per an urban myth, the 'blue moon' New Year's Eve contributes to the achievement of any incredibly ambitious or wondrously fanciful goals!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
already posted, yesterday

ATS Blue moon

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
rain forcast for Sydney on NYE!! ahwell ;(

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Please forgive my uneducated questions but would that only be visible from OZ or is that a wordwide phenomenon?

Another thought that crossed my mind, crazier than usual behaviour? In Australia? On new year's eve?

I didn't think behaviour in said circumstances could be any worse!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

your final statement;

'sunspot0'='//topnews.us'
...Moreover, as per an urban myth, the 'blue moon' New Year's Eve contributes to the achievement of any incredibly ambitious or wondrously fanciful goals!

The BlueMoon would then be an omen that the Obama HealthCare reform policy will be Enacted...
and for the World, that a replacement reserve-currency, upstaging the USD will be rolled out in 2010

Its a standoff
! i'm
on one but
on the other !

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The topic already exists here.

Please contribute to the previously posted thread.

Closing.

top topics

join