It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would apreciate theories or suggestions. Not 'Myself"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
All my life I have had this problem, nearly 40 years. When I look in the mirror, I am often taken by shock. I don't see the face I expect.

Oh it's my face I see. Only I expect to look different. What I expect I don't know, but not the physical me. It is sometimes very disconcerting.

Has anyone experienced this? Or heard of it?

Could it be a sign of reincarnation? "fallen Angel' or other erm...'Other?" (As in otherkin)

Any ideas? I've always felt a bit outside of humanity, though this is fading with age and work.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Interesting article:
"Why did I not recognise myself in the mirror?" At least give you someideas to investigate.

www.thenakedscientists.com...

"If you were anosognostic and prosopagnostic, you would be unable to recognise your own face or other people's, but not realise that you had a problem. "

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How different is your expectation to the actual image you see in the mirror.. completely diffferent, slightly, partially...? to what degree basically?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
urwatu8; I have some trouble with other people's faces, but not terribly bad. Probably not within the realm of abnormal.

However I do have some quirky ways, a little bit Aspergers-y, I tend to live in my head a lot. If I've been working on a project or learning something intensely it seems to increase this feeling of it not being me.

DizzyDayDream, It does vary, sometimes almost imperceivable, sometimes very shocking.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
wow that is something ive never heard of before... maybe you should keep more photographs of yourself and family/friends around the house. That might help.

Im clueless as to what it is your actually experiencing though.. mainly due to my inability to empathize. ..very curious indeed. You must have a very unique mind.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Your a schizophrenic, get to the doctor quick before you cant differentiate between that which is real that which is fantasy

Only joking lol. Its a very hard question to answer. Kind of like asking whether the person you see in the mirror is the same person everyone else see's.

I suppose its a matter of perception. How some people can see someone as attractive while there friend thinks there ugly.

Do you like what you see when you look in the mirror or do you wish you looked different?

It could be a case of your imagination playing tricks on your mind altering your perception of what you look like. Or it could be Schizophrenia.

Not joking this time its a possibility o.k

he he he.....

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Algebra]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think i know what you mean, Ive had similar experiances throughout my whole life, another thing that happens every now and then, is i will look into the mirror, and be like wow i look older, ill feel a few years younger, than look into the mirror and be like, oh wow im a senior in highschool.

top topics

join