It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Metaphysical Experiment on the Power of Music

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

EVERYONE sings, my friend
whether here on Earth or up in the Heavens
we all love to sing

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
okay

consider this "last call" for anyone wanting to join in
and i'll be sending out the link for the pre-study survey to everyone right away.

thanks again, guys

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
whomever is really named "Lee," could you send me a U2U?
i just need to clarify something.

thanks

thanks, everyone, for being so prompt to take the pre-study survey!
there are only a couple more that still need to take it...

...but everyone that already has, go ahead and start listening to the song, once a day, every day, starting TOMORROW, which is Sunday, JANUARY 3rd.

listen every day for 3 weeks - 21 days - the last day of which will be January 23rd, also a Sunday.

no more listening after that, until you complete the second survey - which will be ready and waiting on the 23rd. you can take the survey anytime after you listen, for the last time, on January 23rd.

if i haven't been clear for everyone, then PLEASE please don't hesitate to tell me so, either on this thread or through a U2U.

i need constructive criticism from you all after it's over, whoever is willing, in order to improve my *mad professor* experiment-conducting skills.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey... i LOVE music too.

All types.

I'm up for it.

Not too late i hope

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

not yet!

i sent you a U2U

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Dear fellow ATS Members. The universe was created from a perfect note that the continued vibration and frequency of allows the universe to exist.

Please be careful in any musical experiments, it took me a while to get this universe up and running.

I apologize in advance for the few glitches it is a prototype universe. Next time I promise you shall all be free!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I only just noticed this thread. I would really like to take part if your still accepting people.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
actually, it is too late
but i'm going to do another one after this'

do you want to be in on that one?
if so, i'll write down your name and get hold of you then

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Sure thing just throw me a U2U when your going to start the next one :grin:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Another volunteer for the 2nd experiment here.....THX.

-Boypony

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well Astral Projection is where the '___' is.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SpiritHipHop]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I listen to underground Hip-Hop, I believe it's where the heart is, if you get what I mean.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SpiritHipHop]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

There are many areas of music to be explored. As a child, I discovered that no one I knew could see the colors of music like I could. There are sounds of music which we have not created the insterments to play them. Think carefully about that. Each musical tone has a color. The tones you have never heard also have colors you have never seen. There is a composer named Constance Demby who has to invent her own insterments to create the sounds she hears with in her soul. example: before the violin was created, someone somewhere heard the sound . Some of us also see the colors.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

yes i hear in colors, too, among other things
so did Jimi Hendrix!

that's called synæsthesia, and it....

is a neurologically-based condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.

In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme → color synesthesia or color-graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored, while in ordinal linguistic personification, numbers, days of the week and months of the year evoke personalities. In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, and/or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may have a (three-dimensional) view of a year as a map (clockwise or counterclockwise). Yet another recently identified type, visual motion → sound synesthesia, involves hearing sounds in response to visual motion and flicker. Over 60 types of synesthesia have been reported by people, but only a fraction have been evaluated by scientific research. Even within one type, synesthetic perceptions vary in intensity and people vary in awareness of their synesthetic perceptions.

fun stuff, imo

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
hey guys

i'm late doing this followup - i got a new puppy and i'm also remodeling my living space.

and then i got a netbook to replace my rinky-dink laptop and i haven't yet gotten the database for this experiment copied onto the HDD.

for everyone that started listening to the song at the beginning of January, you should have completed the 21 days on last Sunday (of January) and so it's time to take the Post-Study Survey, which is here.

for those of you who started later on, when you get done with the 21 days, go to the same link and take the Survey.

AND THAT'S IT!

anyone else who is interested in this experiment may still get hold of me and participate, too.

i decided that it doesn't matter when each participant starts and ends the study (duh!) and that if i keep it open, i'll have more participants, hopefully, which will make the data more accurate for my purposes.

so if you guys like this, let me know and i'll let you know what i'm going to do next (after puppy potty-training and redecorating are all done!).

and spread the word, too, if you want to.

I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU
i wish i had something to give you all besides the good karma you're getting on your own...
i'll send good vibrations to you and yours, at least.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Is this finished? And are we as the surveyees going to hear about the results? Thanks for introducing me to this song btw. God Bless You.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have to ask is this really an experiment to see if coast 2 coast is a brainwashing tool ? As the music in question is pretty much used as bumper music everyday on their show.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
well, yes, it is the same song George Noory plays at the end of his radio program.

that's where i first heard it - i have only listened to George a couple of times - the first being the night of December 8 when he did a show about John Lennon and prophetic insight into his murder by he-shall-remain-nameless.

the song hit me with a delightful boost of my already mystical state of mind, having listened to them talk about John Lennon and the Beatles.

but that's all there is to the reason i chose this song

i don't have anything to do with Mr. Noory or his radio program - nor am i even a fan enough to want to promote him for free.

although i was waiting for someone to bring it up!

LOL

everyone still has to take the survey one more time

i'm trying to send out U2U's but the flood control makes it a very agonizing process.

here is the link:
Post-Study Survey

if you find that your name isn't in the drop-down list, just drop me a line and i'll rectify it immediately.

i won't have to send a U2U to anyone who clicks from here to take the survey when they read this.

thanks from the bottom of my bottomless heart

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
well, something isn't working at the site where the survey is hosted.

i will get it rectified, somehow, and then return here with revised instructions.

i apologize for any wasted time and/or frustation anyone has suffered because of this glitch

hang with me, if you can!

xoxoxoxo

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
well, i think it might be fixed!
if so, then it was easier than i expected

a problem with validation of data, it seems

so anyone who's still game...please give it a whirl and let me know

i tried it and it did fine for me

thanks, all

new topics

top topics