It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I See a Soul?? Or What Was It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
--will try to make this short--northern wisconsin--on a farm and a big storm brewing--power out all phones dead like most storms caused in 1963--i was 7 years old --being in a farm house during a big storm is wild to say the least--we were witness to some pretty crazy lightning acts---well my sister of 6 was playing on the telephone -pretending to be talking to my uncle in the next town--my older brother was laying on sofa--mother in kiction--father in bedroom quieting my youngest brother who was crying because of the thunder------when lightning must have strucked the phone line someware-and knocked my sister to the floor--screaming wildly--my mother came running [seen what was in the room] and dragged my sister to the kiction screaming for my dad-- my dad came running and when he seen it he said what the f**** is that ??-literally ducking under [it] and continuing to the kiction telling my brother and me to sit and dont move--we could hear them talking as to what she was screeming about--mother said i think she got struct by lightning--sister screaming still wildly----i asked my older brother what was it??he said heck if i know but he was staring at it as hard as i was--a large bluish orange ball --glowing like the sun--floating around like somethig we never seen--looked like it was coverd in fire-swirlling and floating-bright but not to bright---now this thing floated right through the ceiling and back --right and left -up and down slowly--as it was nearing the floor-and starting to go through the floor--picture a half a soccer ball-now nothing had any affect on this thing--and it didnt act like the ceiling or floor was even there--bright as it was --fire looking and all it didnt burn the floor----as it dissapeared through the floor completely --my brother said it must be in the basement--i ran past mother and father to the outside since the basement door was out back like most farm houses--when i got downstairs i was afraid to open the door-but slowlly i peaked in and seen the basement was all lit up- and there it was floating around like a feather---it went right through a water pump and tank like it wasnt there--just like the floor -my father i could hear was yelling dont you touch that thing --get your ass back up hear--but since he never followed me he must have been more concerned with my sister who i could still hear screaming just as loud as ever-i looked right at this thing floating and could see it was apinning fast--and could make out the wildest thing inside--like a picture floating around and from what i could see was a picture of my sister holding a phone----then like it came it was gone and all was dark--AND i couldnt hear anything from upstairs -i ran as fast as i could back-entering the house in the kiction and seeing my sister-father mother hugging-it appeared she was alright and she stopped crying----the next day my sister was tatooed with burns all down her arm face and back with an image of our surronding farm---the word got out and people came in cars to see the tatoo on my sisters body--the house the barn the fields and woodline--all perfact like a picture---the ironwood daily globe newspaper came and did an article -took pictures ----after a few weeks as the skiin flaked off she was normal as far as the skin tatoo thing goes----but what was it-----light without heat---going through ceiling and floors---GOING through a water pump and tank--certainlly not electricle since the pump was grounded to the wellhead and full of water---not ball lightning thats for sure since it would have grounded out or burned things---WHAT WAS IT------

Removed 'All Caps' from title.

[edit on 9/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ball lightening. Extrememly rare event.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A soul? Maybe an entity in a MERKABA, who knows...

Did you feel something benevolent, neutral or demonic?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by D1ss1dent]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It sounds like it might have been ball lightning. Google 'ball lightning', and read other people's accounts of the phenomenon. They are very similar to what you described. Here are some characteristics of ball lightning according to wiki:

Descriptions of ball lightning vary wildly. It has been described as moving up and down, sideways or in unpredictable trajectories, hovering and moving with or against the wind; attracted to,[19] unaffected by, or repelled from buildings, people, cars and other objects. Some accounts describe it as moving through solid masses of wood or metal without effect, while others describe it as destructive and melting or burning those substances. Its appearance has also been linked to power lines[20] as well as during thunderstorms and also calm weather. Ball lightning has been described as transparent, translucent, multicolored, evenly lit, radiating flames, filaments or sparks, with shapes that vary between spheres, ovals, tear-drops, rods or disk-like.

The balls have been reported to disperse in many different ways, such as suddenly vanishing, gradually dissipating, absorption into an object, "popping," exploding loudly, or even exploding with force, which is sometimes reported as damaging. Accounts also vary on their alleged danger to humans, from lethal to harmless.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
---i am not convinced it was ball lightning only --but it was far-out none the less--some energy that is for sure--and we burn oil for travel!!!!---lots of energies out there-we just have to figure it all out yet--fun fact about the tatoo on my sisters body---the barn had a silo in the tatoo--but the silo was gone long before from a tornado??????---

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Very fascinating account of what happened.....your descriptive skills are very good also; I could almost see the "thing".

Did your sister have any damage to her ear drum?

But yes, I have to go with the ball lightening too, scary as it was.

Good, good post. Nice and exciting like an action film. (I needed popcorn). Thanks.

Oh, you don't happen to have any photo's of the burned area with the impressions on it, do you? That would be interesting to see.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When I attended the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, in the Towers dorms, students would cheer on the thunder and lightening. Wisconsin has amazing thunderstorms. I loved watching them.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I would like to see these pictures. Whats up with all the dashes?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Whilst reading about your amazing experience, I was thinking 'ball lightning' which I have seen once, then I got to the part where you said you could see what appeared to be a picture of your sister, inside the thing. I'm sure most of us have seen photos what are often referred to as 'orbs', most of which are simply particles of dust reflecting the camera flash. Some of these fuzzy spheres however, do show a face or group of faces within them, though I've never heard of any being observed other than in a photograph. I think what you seen that day was ball lightening, though I am puzzled about what you seen within it. The one I seen was bright blue and travelling alongside some hydro wires, during a severe thunderstorm. When it came in contact with a transformer that was on the pole, there was a flash and a loud bang, which blew the transformer.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

It's nice of you to leap over the fact that it could be ball lightening, then go straight for the mumbo-jumbo
Critical thinking help everyone. If you are an expert in matters of the soul, it would help you to know of natural phenomenon that look like what you think souls do.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I, too, was interested in the image within the ball, which gave the appearance of his sister.

It took a picture of her! Not unlike the image on the shroud of Turin, kinda thing. There is a name for it...but I can't think of. ??

I like this story.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I read a book not to long ago that described the same phenomenon. Perhaps you just read the same book and changed the details? Anyhow I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read this book and it really happened, because the author spoke to many people who had witnessed such events for research for her book. Basing what you described on what i read in the book, i too would say it was ball lightning. (lucky I have ALWAYS wanted to see that.) The image inside was much like the photo transference that happened on your sisters skin. In the book however the people who had this image transference to their skin, it never went away or faded like your sisters did. Now I am am just speculating, but perhaps the silo that had been swept away by the tornado, was just its energy footprint that somehow the lighting was able to pick up.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Nice huge block of letters very hard to read.

Which is why other posts you see are broken up.

Just a tip.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

It is a fascinating, well told story and would be even without the image of the little girl on the ball. Since the girl was crying all the time this lightening ball was drifting around, it couldn't have been her soul contained within it. I've loved thunderstorms for as far back as I can remember, and have some pics lying around somewhere that I had taken of lightning.

new topics

top topics

join