It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Czars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A new breed of political bureaucrats have popped up on the American political landscape in the past decades. A group of unelected Czars are taking over control of various aspects of political, economic and social life.

The New American

It may be considered a strange case of “Back to the Future,” halfway around the world. Twenty years after the tearing down of the Berlin Wall and the apparent demise of Soviet communism, the United States appears to be emulating pre-Bolshevik Russia. Without knowing exactly how or why, America has become the land of the “czars,” men and women appointed by some undefined process, often of dubious legality, literally to rule over various segments and activities of our political, social, and economic life. America has a Science Czar, a School Safety Czar, a Car Czar, and even a Czars Czar.

It didn’t start with President Barack Obama, but the tendency to appoint unelected officials, in many cases unconfirmed by any legislative process, to high-level positions of authority over the political and economic life of the nation has greatly accelerated in the past year, owing in part to the fact that the United States has taken over corporations in the financial and automotive sector that had previously been governed primarily by a private-sector free market. Thus we have an Automotive Recovery Czar, a Compensation Czar, and others.

Some members of Congress, belatedly jealous of their political turf, have been grumbling about the number of new offices that the President has created without Senate approval. Congress, of course, has control over appropriations, and running all of these new offices costs something — though many czars have been appointed with salaries undisclosed. Those who remember our Republic’s founding documents, those parchments preserved under glass in our nation’s capital, may recall one of the charges leveled against the British King in our Declaration of Independence: “He has erected a Multitude of new Offices and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harass our People and eat out their Substance.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Am I the only one bothered by this trend?

Why did they start calling them Czars anyway?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Why did they start calling them Czars anyway?

When they realized the public is a bunch of limp wristed ninnies too doped up on booze, pot and flouride to give a crap.

Football, American idol, dancing with the stars, and collecting welfare checks is all that matters.

Personal responsibility has come to mean begging government for handouts, handing over all personal rights, and leaving personal protection and welfare to the State.

America deserves Czars and a totalitarian government run by tyrants.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

At least the 1/2 that voted in Obama anyway.

Oh yeah, the guys who voted for Bush's 2nd term too.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by mnemeth1

At least the 1/2 that voted in Obama anyway.

Oh yeah, the guys who voted for Bush's 2nd term too.

We all deserve it.

It means those of us who know better did not do enough to wake the sheep up.

Now it is too late.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just like Hitler had is closet guys helping him so does Obama. They need a structure of command outside of the normal way so that when something does happen that switch will be thrown. And this is not a left or right thing this is a WHAT THE F*UCK thing. When they dont care anymore what the people have to say or even if they are going to get voted out what does that tell you?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Just because I didnt start shooting at the Capitol building doesn't mean some of us haven't tried. How many marches, petitions, letters, editorials does it take to make you happy?
Not everyone has been asleep but the sad fact is all our work hasn't made a difference which can only mean that our former means to redress greivances to the government is totally ineffective.
Maybe you'd like to blame everyone else because it was you that didn't try to make a difference. You have no idea how much some have sacrificed trying to stop this juggernaut.

As for czars how else can you evade constitutional checks and balances. They are the new apparatchik , the commissars of the new Amerikan state.
Frankly, they can all go jump in a lake and take the whole Goldman-scams/Sadministration with them

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The czars and a lot of the other things Zero is doing are illegal and unconstitutional in my opinion and in the opinion of a lot of people. Problem is along with the traitor in the White House we have a House and Senate full of accomplices.

I look forward to the treason trials early in 2011.

Until then we can only hope he does not succeed in totally dismantling the nation.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Just because I didnt start shooting at the Capitol building doesn't mean some of us haven't tried. How many marches, petitions, letters, editorials does it take to make you happy?
Not everyone has been asleep but the sad fact is all our work hasn't made a difference which can only mean that our former means to redress greivances to the government is totally ineffective.
Maybe you'd like to blame everyone else because it was you that didn't try to make a difference. You have no idea how much some have sacrificed trying to stop this juggernaut.

As for czars how else can you evade constitutional checks and balances. They are the new apparatchik , the commissars of the new Amerikan state.
Frankly, they can all go jump in a lake and take the whole Goldman-scams/Sadministration with them

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Asktheanimals]

Trying and failing is still failing.

Marching around the streets with protests signs one day a year doesn't cut the mustard.

Of course, its better than nothing, but it wasn't enough.

I personally think its game over. The money supply has doubled in less than a year, the US is completely insolvent when you look at its projected debt obligations, the economy has imploded, and a bunch of fascist globalist tyrants are in power.

The repercussions of our debt obligations and inflated money supply have not materialized yet. It will be impossible to control them.

The fun has yet to begin, trust me. People will be trading sea shells for currency by the time this is over.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Quit pretending we had any choice. Kerry is an ardent supporter of the Copenhagen treaty which is a huge fraud. Kerry would not have been allowed to stop the war anymore than Obama has been allowed to stop the war. As we are seeing now, there are things worse than Bush.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by FortAnthem

Quit pretending we had any choice. Kerry is an ardent supporter of the Copenhagen treaty which is a huge fraud. Kerry would not have been allowed to stop the war anymore than Obama has been allowed to stop the war. As we are seeing now, there are things worse than Bush.

Aw c'mon, we could've voted for Nader.

edit to add: I voted for the Constitutional party guy myself.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by FortAnthem]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Czars are just advisers .. every president had them and every president will have them ...

Obama is not the first one to do this .. so .. get your mind out of the Right-Wing propaganda machine ..

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I don't disagree with your conclusions, I'm pretty sure were @#@$ed too.
I just cannot accept your blanket condemnation that we ALL deserve what we are, and will be getting in terms of governmental abuse.

People have spent many nights in jail, emptied their savings accounts and found themselves alienated from their families for daring to disagree with the policies of the US, particularly the GWOT.

There have been thousands who have made real sacrifices for years fighting for our Constitutional rights. SOME have done their part even if it SEEMINGLY hasn't made a difference. I'm simply asking you to recognize that not everyone laid on the couch for the last 8 years eating doritos.

GJ on the natural rights talk! good stuff. I hope your holidays are peaceful and fun.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Thank you, Czars in politics isn't anything new. Bush had them, Clinton had them, Bush Sr. had them Reagan had them, Carter had them.

I don't personally agree with Czars, I don't like Caesar in the white house, but it's something that has become the norm.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

That is what a cabinet is for who are approved by the Senate. Czars are not part of the cabinet nor approved by Congress. That is the MAJOR difference. Just because someone continually does something wrong doesn't all the sudden make it right or acceptable. You really need to read the Constitution. I don't believe you ever have from the way you post.

top topics

join