It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's Secret: Only 100 al Qaeda Now in Afghanistan With New Surge, One Thousand U.S. S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I was a matter of time before someone came and did this calculation. And here we have it

As he justified sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan at a cost of $30 billion a year, President Barack Obama's description Tuesday of the al Qaeda "cancer" in that country left out one key fact: U.S. intelligence officials have concluded there are only about 100 al Qaeda fighters in the entire country.

A senior U.S. intelligence official told ABCNews.com the approximate estimate of 100 al Qaeda members left in Afghanistan reflects the conclusion of American intelligence agencies and the Defense Department. The relatively small number was part of the intelligence passed on to the White House as President Obama conducted his deliberations.

The Story

I am more confused now than before. At least before I had the impression a large number of people were massively engaging the military. But approx. 100 people plus their supporters can not even compare to the force that supposedly is hunting for them. Weird

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just goes to show you - with over 250,000 military men and women and "Contractors" in country to fight Al Queda, only 100 Al Queda fighters are wreaking havoc - Despite our superior fire power and technology. I remember another band of rag-tag "Fighters" that toppled the world's greatest army - the revolutionary militia!

These elitist scum had better wake up and straighten up pretty quickly or they can expect MILLIONS of us rag-tag hoi poloi to take their asses down and their militaries won't be able to stop it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My guess is that they used it as a front to send 30,000 troops over there so when this situation with Iran pops off they will have soldiers there already

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus13

You're probably correct - but again, if they cannot contain 100 "terrorists" what makes them think they can battle it out against what will amount to THOUSANDS of them - all better equipped and trained!?!?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I'm telling you man. I honestly fell that they could have conquered this awhile ago. But they want an excuse to be over there and an excuse to still have a threat there for scare tactics.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I find that number from the US intelligence questionable at best. If anything its dis-information. Do you really think their going to tell you what they know. Heres another example of Dis-Information, follow the link and see how far this rabit hole goes....

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Oh this thread again. Must be recylce time.

Look, if you actually listened to the speech you would have learned that it isn't just about al queda. Let me pause to say that I voted Ron Paul specifically because I personally believe that we should pull our troops out. Period. But back to the speech and Gen McChrystal's troop request... it was about controlling tyhe Taliban and insurgesnts in general. Not about fighting al queda. The military, and consequently the administration, is concerned that an unstable Afghanistan will provide refuge for insurgency that can negatively affect the security in the US. Obama takes the time to do a full assessment and the right accuses him of ditheriung and having no balls. He goes with the military's profesional judgement and he gets hung-out on entirely specious arguments like this one.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i'd like to know how they came up wtih "100 al qaeda"??

Did they go knocking cave to cave and say "are you with Al Qaeda?"

Or did some internet nut job just pull a number out of his ass and call it truth?

Im going with the latter.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by Ophiuchus13

You're probably correct - but again, if they cannot contain 100 "terrorists" what makes them think they can battle it out against what will amount to THOUSANDS of them - all better equipped and trained!?!?

Come come friend, you don't really think those troops are looking for AL right? Al Queda isn't real. It's like CIA and Facebook scoob......Zoinks

Used to be called a "front". See those troops are over there protecting acquisitions of the Empire, not hunting boogy men that we made up in order to oust country leaders and scare the folks in New York.

It's a lot cheaper to make up the news and then feed it too you, "Free press" style then it is for you to actually know what is happening. No disrespect to you, but this is their attitude towards us. Al Queda is for one thing on the news front...emotion. Stir the average american into more emotional rash unlevel headed thinking meanwhile breaking his wallet and family with more burden. We're building a pyramid after all...

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've always wondered why MSM showed the same footage of Canadian (?) troops shooting from a wall made of Earth somewhere in Afghanistan. The funny thing is for years, the showed the exact same footage of this mud wall and the troops shooting from it

Nowdays I wonder if our troops are just passing their times in ruined fortresses hiding from the warlords and their fighters. Not Al Qaeda, but the various factions in Afghanistan.

If the Warlords get their money, everything is fine but if protection payments aren't made Canadian troops start getting killed.

The war is a joke.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There's something wrong with this picture.

250, 000 troops hunting 100 men in dresses

Multi trillion dollar defense system gets biotch slapped by

19 guys with 20 dollars worth of plastic knives.

We should just challenge the Taliban to a game of RISK

Winner takes all

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What gave me pause when reading is that this is a number from MSM, that same media that most on this site and many others are convinced are controlled by the Elite.

Hence, what is the message here? This is what I am having a problem with. It makes little sense to me as I usually do not expect to get "The Truth and Nothing but the Truth" from sources like ABC.

Maybe these are Top Level commanders controlling 100's of fighters?

Again, Weird :-(

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Oh this thread again. Must be recylce time.

Look, if you actually listened to the speech you would have learned that it isn't just about al queda. Let me pause to say that I voted Ron Paul specifically because I personally believe that we should pull our troops out. Period. But back to the speech and Gen McChrystal's troop request... it was about controlling tyhe Taliban and insurgesnts in general. Not about fighting al queda. The military, and consequently the administration, is concerned that an unstable Afghanistan will provide refuge for insurgency that can negatively affect the security in the US. Obama takes the time to do a full assessment and the right accuses him of ditheriung and having no balls. He goes with the military's profesional judgement and he gets hung-out on entirely specious arguments like this one.

however, the whole reason for invading afghanistan was to fight al-qaeda... the taliban were a secondary target at best. they were proxies of ours up until 9/11... i agree with others, obama is sending 30,000 not to escalate the war in afghanistan, its so he has fresh troops next door to iran... which is prolly why were not out of iraq either...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So what if its all about moving US troops out of the country and as far away as they can, for when martial law is introduced, as many seem to think that's part of the plan. Not that I know, but with the main troops out of the country, some of which might go against the idea of Martial law, this would be a way of keeping them out of the way. less chance of a military coup. which again i have heard mention of. Like someone said earlier if they are struggling with 100 Al, how are they going to cope with an organised military force which we know the Iranians do have? The whole thing stinks and the possible outcomes to it are not good for anyone other than those controlling it. NWO!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
At 1:25 Oprah asks Obama about the 30.000 troops
Obama says this is a direct responce to 3000 citizens murdered, and USA is inclined to keep peace in the world by waging war for the last 60 years

What about United Nations article 51 that says you can only attack another country if they attack you militarily?

What about conducting a real investigation of 911, since so much is justified by it?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by conar]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
i'd like to know how they came up wtih "100 al qaeda"??

Did they go knocking cave to cave and say "are you with Al Qaeda?"

Or did some internet nut job just pull a number out of his ass and call it truth?

Im going with the latter.

Looks to me these crack(head) intelligence clowns had extra room up their sphincter where the WMD / iran nuke trigger intel used to be.. it was a simple matter of extraction from there.

Even if there was no phony boogie men wearing "I heart al qaeda" t-shirts, the taliban have the support of the people... the US govt refuses to admit publicly what they know to be true: occupation forces are just as un-welcome as the brits & soviets.. same goes for the puppet leaders; un-wanted.

US citizens would fight & die to remove a bogus govt installed by a violent lying occupier too... people are people.

top topics

join