It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think all animals can communicate with their minds?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Do you think animals can communicate with there minds? Since they do not have vocal cords. Is it possible that all animals since the prehistoric days use there minds like telepathy or something? I find it so hard to believe that all these animals living with each other in jungles an forest threw out these millions of years survived with out some form of communication at all. Since us humans seem to believe that ESP telepathy is possible with us why not them?

I was wondering that after I saw 2 cats walking close to me. One was the mother and the other was her kitten. As I sat down and waited for someone, the cats walked in one by one into the waiting room. The kitten came in first observing me and walking slowly towards me. Then, about 5-10 seconds later the mother walked across from me an jumped on top of a desk with the classic cat stand, and just observed her kitten rubbing on me and sitting next to me.

I felt like I was going a little crazy because it seemed like they were communicating as if the mother was telling its baby "Go ahead see the human, you can play with him, I'll watch from here" and then the kitten would extend both of its front paws and nails out, actually scratching my legs threw my jeans, an as it did it, the kitten looked back at its mother like as if it were looking for an approval, and saying "Is it okay mother?" and the mother cat just looked at her a certain way and turned its head like " Yea its ok sweetie just be careful he wont do anything to you baby". It was so much more then just that but I just dont want to write a book for you guys.lol I was not smoking weed or anything. I know I sound crazy, but it was to orchestrated.lol..

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Many people including myself have had interactions with plants, animals, crystals.. you name it. We're all made of the same stuff as everything else in the end... so why is it so far fetched.

As Carl Sagan said - "we are a way for the universe to know itself".

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by king Pop!p
Do you think animals can communicate with there minds?

I am quite positive they do. You should see the way my dog looks at me when I forget to feed him

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I am a 100 % sure that they do!!! We just had a litter of japanese breed shiba inus dogs and I shell tell you that this dogs are the way ahead what is going on around us than we humans can even sence in a distanse. like the dogs know when it is going to get really cold

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think animals are just 'different communicators'. For example a bee does a sort of dance which tells the others in what direction and how far away the pollen is and whales communicate with sound.
As for pet dogs, they become skilled at reading your actions and body language. Mine knows when I am getting agitated in the car (!), when I am getting ready to go out, about to go to bed etc and she seems to pick up on my moods. Just watch an episode of the Dog Whisperer to see how good they are at this.
They also probably use more of their senses.
All this can give the impression they are reading your mind. But you can easily check out whether they are actually doing this by, say, trying to send a message that you are about to go out for a walk while you are sitting relaxed and not giving out any signals.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 23-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have often though cats had a perceptive quality at communication. I've watched them gaze and follow and nod and make small signals to each other. They seem to have a definite language skill that does not rely upon verbal as much as ours. I've noticed it in other animals, but especially in cats.

I wouldn't think it was like telepathy though, but might appear that way.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I, for one, Do believe, that animals, especially Dogs, have some sort of Paranormal Skill. I think Cat's have even been more studied than Dogs and I'd say that Cat's probablly come out trumps. (For the record, I don't like Cats).

There was a documentary a few yers ago that I watched about Dogs and their Pyschic Abilities. This Docco showed a dog that knew when it's owner was on Her way home. It didn't matter what time of day it was, didn't matter where she was coming from. When the Dogs Owner decided to come home, the Dog would get up, Move over to the window, Sit down and wait. Within a few minutes, Sure enough, the Dogs Owner came home. They tried this with a couple of Dogs and their owners and sure enough, Same results.

I suffer from really Bad Migraines. For some reason, My dogs know when I'm not well. Usually my Dogs are fairly active but as soon as I start to get a Migraine or I am going to get one, They go very quiet and leave me alone. Sometimes I don't even know myself if I'm about to get one and they quieten right down.

It could be just coincedence or maybe I perceive this because I get a Migraine but I'm sure they know.

One thing that Convinces me that my Dogs can read my mind is the fact that they know when I'm about to go for a Drive in the Car. As soon as I pick up my Keys, They go Crazy.. How do they know I'm going for a drive? It's amazing..

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Dog's are less stupid than we think, their great at picking up on body language and routines. Their less intelligent yet their senses are probably 2X better than ours. They can sense when somethings out of the norm, like everybody's getting ready to go out. their amazing creatures, one of my dogs has a phobia of going out & when she senses shes about 2 go for a walk she tries hiding & shakes crazily.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by toshly
Dog's are less stupid than we think, their great at picking up on body language and routines. Their less intelligent yet their senses are probably 2X better than ours. They can sense when somethings out of the norm, like everybody's getting ready to go out. their amazing creatures, one of my dogs has a phobia of going out & when she senses shes about 2 go for a walk she tries hiding & shakes crazily.

You're absolutely right. They are a lot less stupid than we think. You just have to look at some Dogs that end up on TV, or on Oprah. I once saw a 2 Legged Dog on Oprah. It was walking upright on it's back legs. It didn't have any front ones. That was just amazing to me. Just shows they can adapt as well.

One of my Dogs has a Phobia about Storms. As soon as hears the Slightest sound of Thunder, Even I can't hear it, he goes absolutely crazy. Jumping over me, won't leave me alone. He Breathes really fast and heavily. What really annoys me the most is he scratches the hell out of my legs.
He's a little King Charles Cross. He's been a great little dog though. I got him because the previous owners couldn't afford to keep him. (He has an issue with Epileptic Fits every now and then).
The previous owners were going to have him put down and I jumped in and took him.

You know, I really think he knows I saved his life. He's been a great little companion. He loves going camping with me and our other little dog (A Pappilon). Of course our Dogs are spoilt rotten. Anyway, that's not really keeping with this thread.

I wonder if he knew beforehand that I was coming to get him?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well i am amazed, not only does every single creature on earth, most do so audibly. Just because they arent using words doesnt mean they arent communicating.

In the rain forest how do you think frogs find the same species to mate? Frogs ears are toned to only hear the exact pitch that their species makes, thats why even in a deafening rain forest they can locate eachother.

Insects in the Rain forest time their chirps to go in the gapos of other insects chirps to distinguish themselves.

Song birds in the tropics build nests of display, and put on mating ritual displays with their feathers, and dances, and songs, they build huts to impress women.

Ants communicate through scent trails and releasing different scents means different thing. Army ants are blind one one ant bites onto a prey it releases a scent that signals the rest which creates the swarm

Well documented whales and dolphins communicate.

Lions communicate with body language and vocaly, same as hyenas.

Literally ever single creature, blind, deaf, water, land, communicates with its own species and others. Have you not heard of defensive displays?

I apologize if this comes across rude but this is a ridiculous thread. Research a little, just because they arent forming sentences does not mean they arent communicating.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

YES i do!

because i/we have

especially the last dog i had - she was my very best friend and the best dog ever.

but she got sick and she wasn't even 5 years old yet.
i swear to GOD it damn near broke my heart - almost just broke ME. and i'm not the sentimental sort, at all, even though i am very sensitive as far as the unseen and such - i'm not emotional
well, that is, until she died.

i did all i could to try to get her better and so did the vet. she was pure-bred poodle; but not a bratty annoying poodle if you know what i mean. i never cared too much for poodles or even little dogs but she changed my mind. she was originally supposed to be my mom's dog but you know, often, we don't pick our dogs - our dogs pick us!

and so Sassy picked me!

but being pure-bred, she had some weakness in her lungs and i think she accidently swallowed some dog-dip when she had gone to the groomer's in early October. she had gotten sick, with her stomach, a year earlier and i had worried then - she had a vibrant little personality and the heart of a lion - she helped my big dog as watch dog and took it VERY seriously! - but physically, she was just frail...
and so even though she fought SO HARD for almost a month, to get better, and i did all i could, even finally feeding her ice cream and baby food with a little vitamin syringe, on a set schedule, and all that like i knew to do from being an RN...she finally gave up the ghost after almost 4 weeks of fight.

but she died in her sleep, right beside me and she really never had a bad day or scary day in her life - except for being ill, she had a wonderful life with us! so that helped me, in a small degree.

anyway, right after she died, i realized she didn't want to leave me even though she did go and play on the *other side* with a few of my dearest loved ones who are over there. but mostly she stayed with me - i could just feel her and so did my mom's cat, now and then.

but the crazy beautiful miraculous thing that happened a day or two after she crossed is that somehow she was able to communicate with me almost like a person would, rather than in the animal fashion i was already familiar with.

i don't remember what it was i was thinking - probably just wailing in my mind with sadness, and i heard the sweetest voice i'd ever heard, like a little girl's voice, say "i'm here, mama."

i KNEW it was her but yet it blew my mind!
it wasn't a voice i'd ever heard before at all!

and it isn't like she does that all the time and she never did it while she was in her little dog-body - but i have heard her once or twice more, in that fashion, since then (she died October 22).

and i also tripped out that she had called me "mama."
but my boyfriend would tell her stuff like "tell your mama you're hungry," etc.
he does that with all my pets - another dog, a yellow lab, and 4 cats.
and i got into the habit of telling Sassy, "your mama loves you."

so it took me a few days to understand it correctly but i realized that my name, to her, is "mama."

i have a friend, too, who is very close to her pets, and had just lost one a few months before.

i ventured out in a conversation one day and confessed to her what had happened since i knew she'd not think i was crazy - even if i strongly suspected it was more than possible, myself!

and she started to cry and confess a very similar and profound experience that SHE had had, with her Max, right after he crossed!

she had heard his voice, too!!

so i asked her if he had a name for her and she said he called her "baba" - her name is Barbara so it was something like an endearment that fit her and her name.

so after a couple of weeks, i had the courage to tell my boyfriend what had happened and he didn't think i was crazy at all - he knows i'm not *average* as far as who i am able to communicate with, and how.
in fact, he was glad to hear it because he was starting to feel let down that my little dog had left me without a word or a feeling or anything!

during those weeks, though, i asked GOD for a definite sign so that i could be sure that it WAS her and not my own grief fooling my mind! and i said a DEFINITE sign - maybe a couple of signs.

it wasn't long before i got several signs - within the next 72 hours there were 3 or 4 - but the one that really hit home was a no-brainer

that Pixar movie, "Up," was just coming out but i hadn't yet heard of it or seen a trailer or anything. i was sitting here at the computer, halfway listening to the TV which was on just for noise, more or less.

and coming on the TV was the one trailer in which the little boy asks his grandfather if he can keep that dog, and gramps says "no," and the little boy replies, rather plaintively, "BUT IT'S A TALKING DOG!"

my head just swung around toward the TV in shock and i laughed and cried!
it was one of the best confirmations i've ever had!

i certainly could not deny it, at that point, although i got a few reinforcements to cement my trust in what was going on.

that was definitely a step-up for both me and i'm certain, my little doggie!
i'm not sure i could have gotten through all that sorrow if it hadn't been for knowing, already, that death is no barrier, and then because she stuck around (sticks around)...i didn't lose her all the way although i do so miss her little dog-self - we didn't spend too much time apart!

although, now, we don't have to spend any time apart!
it is NOT the same, however, as with a human being
dogs are meant to be petted and to be beside their masters and vice versa.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f745a0c87de3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
You know, I really think he knows I saved his life. He's been a great little companion. He loves going camping with me and our other little dog (A Pappilon). Of course our Dogs are spoilt rotten. Anyway, that's not really keeping with this thread.

I wonder if he knew beforehand that I was coming to get him?

i bet he did!
i'm sure that he knows how special he is to you and vice versa!

that's what makes it so wonderful - spoiling them is what it's all about, right?

i never thought i'd be saying such things but i'm changed after Sassy!

i think, also, that animals are equally involved in the spiritual evolution that's been intensifying on our planet!

it's all about vibrations, and so those who are more closely involved with humans will reap the effects, too, more so than those who are more connected with their fellows in the animal kingdom.

you know?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

i don't mind hearing more about your cat encounter
that's an awesome thing that you experienced!
please share more if you don't mind

it's surreal, isn't it?
i like surreal

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

R.I.P Sassy smh Sorry for your loss.

I'llt write more about the encounter later on tonight, im on the run right now.lol

[edit on 23-12-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Uh... first off... Animals do have vocal cords. That's why your dog barks, instead of just exhaling forcefully.

Second, all animals could be said to communicate with their minds - the mind, after all, controls your communication abilities.

However, if you meant telepathy... No. Telepathy isn't real, for a host of reasons.

However, animals are very good at silent communication - body language, touch, and scent. For the modern, urban / suburban human, who basically blunders through life with everything except their eyes and mouths closed, this seems preternatural, even supernatural. It becomes an argument from incredulity - "I'm too unaware of my surroundings to have noticed the squirrel on the porch, but my dog perked right up, ergo he must have supernatural powers I lack!"

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
However, if you meant telepathy... No. Telepathy isn't real, for a host of reasons.

well?
aren't you going to fill us in?
if you are certain telepathy is not real, then show us why.

ENLIGHTEN US, oh enlightened one.

For the modern, urban / suburban human, who basically blunders through life with everything except their eyes and mouths closed, this seems preternatural, even supernatural.

we're not all the same
i usually don't toot my own horn, but i don't mind this time
i am an aware human being who does NOT blunder through life with anything closed!

not my eyes, not my ears, not my mind, not my heart, not my hands, and especially not my mouth.

It becomes an argument from incredulity - "I'm too unaware of my surroundings to have noticed the squirrel on the porch, but my dog perked right up, ergo he must have supernatural powers I lack!"

or maybe it is you that is lacking in this case.
except, that is, in the area of being incredulous.

no offense but perhaps you might take a look in the mirror next time you feel the irresistible urge to give such a speech.

and i still would like to hear your "host of reasons" supporting the statement that "telepathy isn't real."

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

thank you for your condolences.
i didn't mean to make it all sad.

there IS, believe it or not, a part two to my little tale (tail)

my first post was way too long, already, so i intend on posting the second half later on.

i was going to do that now but needless to say i got side-tracked.

oh well

ttyl

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

I am quite positive they do. You should see the way my dog looks at me when I forget to feed him

That is sooo funny you should say that. I get a very funny look from my dog as well. It's interesting because even though there's no sound that she makes or gesture, I still know what she wants, I can tell. I don't think it's psychic necessarily but amusing nonetheless!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Okay. Telepathy isn't real because the brain does not have the mechanical apparatuses needed to send out or receive information in such a manner. Presuming it did, such emanations would be detectable in some fashion. You can't very well project energy from your noggin and have it not be detectable by something, correct? Unfortunately for the idea, tests have been run. Repeatedly. Experiments all over the place. The very, very, very best that's been achieved is "inconclusive" in a few experiments, while the majority come out as "nope, no beams of psychic energy are shooting from his head"

This is a psychological conceit; because we often think at people, we expect that they will somehow hear our thoughts. This is similar to how some people think we see by projecting our vision onto objects, because it feels like we're sending, rather than receiving.

But the fact is, we don't have mind-rays any more than we have eye-beams.

Your pets are just better-equipped for situational awareness than you are. Now you might be Mr. McAwesome who's of course ultra-aware of everything in the universe (Really? You and everyone else on the internet) but even with as goddamn awesome as you may be... any given hamster is still going to beat your records. Except in sight. For that you'll need to talk to your parakeet.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Okay. Telepathy isn't real because the brain does not have the mechanical apparatuses needed to send out or receive information in such a manner. Presuming it did, such emanations would be detectable in some fashion. You can't very well project energy from your noggin and have it not be detectable by something, correct? Unfortunately for the idea, tests have been run. Repeatedly. Experiments all over the place. The very, very, very best that's been achieved is "inconclusive" in a few experiments, while the majority come out as "nope, no beams of psychic energy are shooting from his head"

This is a psychological conceit; because we often think at people, we expect that they will somehow hear our thoughts. This is similar to how some people think we see by projecting our vision onto objects, because it feels like we're sending, rather than receiving.

But the fact is, we don't have mind-rays any more than we have eye-beams.

Your pets are just better-equipped for situational awareness than you are. Now you might be Mr. McAwesome who's of course ultra-aware of everything in the universe (Really? You and everyone else on the internet) but even with as goddamn awesome as you may be... any given hamster is still going to beat your records. Except in sight. For that you'll need to talk to your parakeet.

A long time ago, I would've agreed with you, but, How do you Explain a Dog who knows when her owner is coming home? They did these experiments, It's a fact..

There were no other people in the room when these experiments were taking place, so other peoples anticipation had no effect on the outcome of the Dogs behaviour.
The owner of the dog was given a task just before she had to do the task so there was no "List Of Tasks" beforehand. The times of the owner coming home were varied and yet, the Dog still knew when it's owner was coming home. TYhe Dog would be asleep on the Couch. They would show the Owner doing her tasks (Shopping). The owner was then told to go home. They then showed the Dog get off the couch, walk over to the window and sit and wait. 3 mins before the owner got home. They repeated this experiment and each time the outcome was the same.
The Producers then tried it with people in the room with the dog, Same thing happened.

So, unless the Dog has Super Dooper Hearing abilities and can hear it's owners particular Footsteps from miles away, I don't know what else to think about this scenario. Can the dog read it's owners mind when the decision is made to come home? I have no idea and I wouldn't have believed it except for seeing it, (yeah I know), On TV. It was a respectible show.

Anyhow, I don't know if they can read minds or communicate with minds, sometimes my dogs do things that suggest they don't have a mind... lol, but I do know one thing, Animals are a lot smarter than we think they are.

Just as a matter of interest though, How do you know that the Brain doesn't have the Machanical Apparatus needed to send or recive information telepathically? Do you have proof that the Brain doesn't? I mean there are people who don't have a brain that are smarter than you and I put together. How would you explain that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join