It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think all animals can communicate with their minds?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
heck, a brain may not even be required, much less rays and all that...

what about BELL'S THEOREM?

that not only demonstrated "spooky action at a distance," it was one of the first major upsets in the arena of "what we assume must be so" vs. "what actually is so."

the problem these days is that everyone thinks there must be a known "HOW" - a method - for anything to be possible.

if something happens, then obviously it's possible - just because it isn't known HOW it happens doesn't change the fact that it DOES happen.

prime example:
LIGHTNING

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Noone has posted about the well documented discovery of Cancer Detecting Dogs yet??!!

I'm not sure it's telepathy but I've definitely received silent communications from my pets...similar I guess to how twins "know" what's happening to their twin! Like when I run out for cigarettes my cats will always be waiting at the door if I grabbed a can of food for them too and won't be waiting if I just got the cigarettes! lol

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

I am not aware of any research to say whether or not they communicate with their "minds" in the way of telepathy. But I think that animals pick up on other ques that we do not see and it only seems that they communicate with out speech.

An example would be that dogs can pick up on subtle facial movements. Also most animals have a sense of smell that is 10k times greater than ours and is actually their dominant sense. Animals also secrete pheromones that can communicate a lot of information that we are not able to sense. So being that most animals dominant sense is that of smell, I think it only appears that the are not communicating because we interpret communicating as a form of visual and verbal. While animals speak more with smells. This is also how bees and other insects communicate.

Humas have about 20,000 scent receptors and dogs have around 200 million. While it may seem as though animals communicate via some form of telepathy I think they are using the same senses that we have to communicate just different ones. We predominantly use hearing and sight, animals you use smell.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Humans can hear approximately 64-23,000 Hz sounds, dogs hear about 67-45,000 Hz sounds.

Dogs can differentiate between the sounds of different vehicles and could hear them from a great distance away. They would definitely know what their owners car sounds like compared to others. Same as foot steps, dogs can learn what your shoes sound like against the sidewalk vs someone else.

I assure you that the dogs that "know" when the owner is coming home are using the same senses that we all have, its just that theirs are much more sensitive.

If a dog is conditioned to respond to a particular sound believe me they will. I work nights and am up late, my dog usually goes upstairs to bed when my fiance does. If i open a bag of chips in the basement my dog will wake up from a dead sleep and find his way downstairs, he can hear a bag of chips open between two floors in a dead sleep! Not telepathy, just great hearing and he is a food whore.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

I am pretty sure that this ability has to do with a dogs amazing sense of smell. They are able to smell the cancer!! I know its amazing but remember a dogs sense of smell is 10,000 times better than ours. Cancer cells have a specific smell and if you train a dog to recognize that smell with a food reward, believe me they will find whatever you want.

Beagles and bloodhounds have some of the best noses and the things they can do are absolutely amazing. Dogs can differentiate one smell mixed with thousands. If you dont believe me put some coc aine in a coffee can full of coffee and try to get past a drug dog at an airport...you wont

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I agree with iamcamouflage. Although I do think I've heard the voice of my cat in my mind once, I know that dogs and cats have superb hearing. Before my dog died of cancer, he'd start barking a few minutes before my sister got home, and when my dad got home. He recognized the sound of the bus, and he knew the sound of my dad's truck. They can just hear these things before we can due to superb hearing, as iamcamouflage said.
Also, with cancer, it is indeed smell. Even I could smell the cancer on my dog before he died. It was a very strong, sweet, sickly smell. If I can smell it, I know they can. There are also dogs that can tell when their owner is about to have a seizure, and there are cats and dogs that can tell when someone is going to die soon, like that one at a nursing home. Our scent must change when something like that happens.

So... animals might be telepathic in some way, but other than the mention of hearing their voices, all the other evidence in this thread points to heightened senses and the increased use of body language rather than spoken, like with the mother cat and kitten mentioned before.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have a fair to middling empathic ability.

While it works okay with people, I can completely understand animals. I always have. I don't know how to explain it, it's more like picking up feeling and basic thoughts, of course animals are nearly as conniving and twisted in thought as humans are. Of course a lot of animal communication is non-verbal to begin with. The way they hold their ears, show their teeth, the way they breathe, and the tail tells volumes, too. Humans tend to take a lot out of me, it's exhausting to be a round a lot for long. like trying to run a whole air traffic control center alone or something. And if I'm around negative emotions it's tough. Animals are sooooo much more calm. I guess that's why I have cats, they are always on a major chill out unless they are fighting. Dogs can be like having toddlers around, Oy!

Goats, sheep, and cows are very simple. Horses have great personalities and close relationships. We had some African Dwarf Frogs until recently, they were simple but watchful. My cat loved them and was heartbroken when they died. (Even though he caused their demise by tipping over their bowl when I wasn't home. Poor little things dried out.) Parrots and cockatiels have great love for beings, but can hold a grudge forever.

Strangely I am completely cut off from plants. I love flowers, planted not cut, trees and so forth, but I can't understand them and I can't keep them alive.
I guess you can't win them all.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AquilaCat

Cat, Side note question. Had your dog that passed away been neutered or spayed? What type of food did you feed him/her?

I ask because more and more I hear about people pets dying from cancer and it is very bothersome to me. I have done some of my own research(should probably start a thread on it) and there is some data pointing to dog food that has a lot of grains in it and your pets being fixed, leading to cancer.

Dogs are not supposed to have grains, yet many of the top name dog foods have tons of corn and flours in them. Also with fixing your pet, I understand that unwanted litters are a terrible thing and all. But Veternarians and neutering proponents provide a lot of misleading info with regards to this practice. They will tell you that fixing your pet will decrease their chances of getting cancer but the only cancers that decrease are testicular and ovarian(the two things they remove) What they dont tell you is that fixed animals have HIGHER rates of all other forms of cancer as they get older.

Sorry to derail and i will start a thread on this subject soon, just curious on your situation.

Sorry for the loss of you dog.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hmm personally I must say that I am rather unsure...

animals (like us) communicate in 2 main ways, using vocals and expressing emotion, just because they cannot speak a human language doesn't mean they cannot communicate vocally... if this was so then why would dogs bark and cows moo?

The same can be said for emotions... just like us they will express themselves and communicate to one another without ever saying a word using the medium of emotions and body language.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

It was a while ago, and my father was the one that always fed him. I don't remember the brand of food. He was not neutered. Lymphosarcoma I think was what it was. He was only 8 years old.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

this is the newest member of my family, "Golden Rose," Goldy for short:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05df6ceed816.jpg[/atsimg]

she'll be here next week!

she was born November 22.
my Sassy crossed over October 22.
i remember, too, that my despair was at its worst on November 22 - i noted it because that day is the day they killed JFK.

remember Sassy?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13f2cbd5843f.jpg[/atsimg]

see their eyes???

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

well? aren't you going to fill us in? if you are certain telepathy is not real, then show us why. ENLIGHTEN US, oh enlightened one.

Sarcasm is cool, huh? It's often described as the lowest form of wit. You're proof that it isn't...

The War on Drugs has failed miserably...who realized that we need a War on Disney? Apparently all the animals communicate together....with their 'minds.' It's like one big cuddly collective...awwww

Has anyone in this thread (except WF) considered that the animal world is a bloody battleground of survival? Food pyramids? Food chains? It's eat and be eaten. They aren't having Jungle Book sing-songs and all sleeping together around the water-hole while Bagheera tells them all bedtime stories telepathically.

How does the idea of animal mental communication explain this vid?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Sarcasm is cool, huh? It's often described as the lowest form of wit. You're proof that it isn't...

now, are YOU being facetious?

Has anyone in this thread (except WF) considered that the animal world is a bloody battleground of survival?

sure!

personally, i see the whole world as such.

doesn't mean there aren't other things going on - life is in the mixture!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very good question... Truth be told, I am not sure. I think that most animals are capable of communication on one level or another....

For example, wolves will often howl in order to scare off any potential threats.... It is sort of a warning that any predators better not come near them.... At least that is one of the things it can mean.

Or when a dog wags their tail it usually means they are happy... Or when their hair stands up, it means they are scared, on edge, ready to fight... and we all know what a growl means....

Animals can communicate in many ways, and are far smarter than we give them credit for.... Humans are very conceded... most of the time, we don't even consider ourselves animals... but we are....

Now, can they communicate telepathically? I am not so sure about that, I would think that to communicate like that would require a more intelligent thought process, and as far as I know a full thought process is very rare in the animal kingdom...

Only a handful of other animals have been able to communicate with us on a fairly intelligent level.... Think Koko the gorilla who understood sign language... A trait which is very rare.

I guess what I am trying to say is, that I doubt they can communicate with telepathy but I KNOW they can communicate in many other ways. Just take a look at the animals around you. You will see them communicate happiness, sadness, fear, anger, love, and many other things...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have a dog that seems to know when its owner is coming home. Has done so for all of his life. He's a 17-year-old miniature fox terrier and is totally deaf, half blind and can barely walk.

A specific example is when he waited at the door for my brother to come home for hours - even though I didn't know my brother was coming and the dog hadn't seen him for 5 years. So he wasn't reacting to my behaviour. He does this kind of thing on a daily basis.

The dog has now taken to dictating to me by barking when he wants to get on or off the bed/couch, inside or outside, or whether he wants the airconditioning on. Oh, and of course, when he's hungry.

Who's the master and who's the pet here?!?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yes they can.
Dogs and cats are at war. In my opinion they are they are the most intelligent biengs on earth.

A big what if, what if the non-self-realized are just thier tools....?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by SpiritHipHop]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join