It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Religion Chart.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Confused about religious dogma or theological opinion?

Just click on the handy big religion chart.

The ReligionFacts "Big Religion Chart" is an attempt to summarize all the complexities of religions and belief systems into tiny little boxes on a single, quick-reference comparison chart

Link:

www.religionfacts.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Christianity (Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox) - Founded by Jesus Christ in c. 30 AD, Israel.

That is not true at all. It wasn't founded until much much later, and it wasn't founded by Jesus.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by karl 12

Christianity (Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox) - Founded by Jesus Christ in c. 30 AD, Israel.

That is not true at all. It wasn't founded until much much later, and it wasn't founded by Jesus.

Christianity started out as a Jewish Sect and then stripped down to a Gentile religion by the Apostle Paul. Peter and Paul had an argument over that lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Jesus Christ is His name.

Christianity mostly has nothing to do with Him.

Jesus would spurn a lot of what so-called Christians have done in His name.

I wish people would realize that Jesus, Himself, is about love, forgiveness, helping your fellowman, no war, no hatred - just kindness - if you have kindness, you cannot do ill to any person, any creature, or the planet.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Jesus seemed to be more than a little upset when He entered the Temple with the money changers and sellers. He was angry several other times at what He thought were evil practices. It is OK to be angry and to do something when we see injustice and greed that leads to extreme poverty in this world.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

"Christianity started out as a Jewish Sect and then stripped down to a Gentile religion by the Apostle Paul. Peter and Paul had an argument over that lol."

Christianity began with the Last Supper. Were the first Christians Jewish, of course. They
continued to worship in the Temple, sharing Eucharist in their homes, untill they were
excommunicated and branded as heretics. Paul and Peter argued over the necessity
of circumcision, the mark of the Covenant with Abraham.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

"Jesus Christ is His name."

Jesus is his name, but Christ is a title--the annointed one--
the Messiah---Christos

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by karl 12

Cant deny the facts. It does make sense that If there was no Jesus, there would be no Christianity. After all, the word Christian means adherent of Christ Not Paul.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Neat little chart, but it does seem to have a few 'errors' (such as the Afterlife section under Wicca), but I would argue with those who seem to claim a few things here regarding Christianity:

1. His name was neither Jesus nor Jesus Christ (Christ being Greek for 'the annointed one'), it was Yeshua and was 'westernized' to Jesus.

2. He was most certainly it's founder, if the Gospels are to be believed!

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 16:18

Come on, people! It's just sad when the Witch knows more about your faith than you do!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
LOL why is Atheism included as a religion?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

2. He was most certainly it's founder, if the Gospels are to be believed!
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Since Peter took the ball and ran with it and became the first Pope, Do you believe that it is the Catholic Church that Jesus refers to?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

If I remember correctly, the Greek Orthodox Church predates the Catholic Church, but in answer to your question, the Catholics sure do!

Personally, I think it's all tripe, regardless of denomination, or cult if you will... All seem to suffer from narrowmindedness, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Personally, I think it's all tripe, regardless of denomination, or cult if you will... All seem to suffer from narrowmindedness, IMHO.

Yeah, you would think it would be the other way around considering that those who don't believe in anything are closing their minds to other possibilities.
Thanks for your reply though.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Yeah, you would think it would be the other way around considering that those who don't believe in anything are closing their minds to other possibilities.
Thanks for your reply though.

I never said that I don't believe, I just don't close my mind to all possibilities. I have gained knowledge through the study of all beliefs, and have come to my own truth, and am always open to new possibilities and knowledge. This is not a trait I have observed from those who follow any organized religion, regardless of which faith that is. All seem to be guilty of wearing blinders to the possibilities that exist outside of their chosen belief system....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No disrespect to you, but did you ever think that many of these people who belong to certain religions have tested the waters before they made their decision?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Some, yes, but many, no. Most of those who follow an organized religion know very little to nothing about the others... And most practice the religion of their families. Very few have the intestinal fortitude to go 'outside of the box', so to speak...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Some, yes, but many, no. Most of those who follow an organized religion know very little to nothing about the others... And most practice the religion of their families. Very few have the intestinal fortitude to go 'outside of the box', so to speak...

I would definitely have to agree with you on this. However, I think its more prevalent among your basic Orthodox than say Muslim or Hindu religions.Not to mention new age. Makes sense. Thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

"Since Peter took the ball and ran with it and became the first Pope, Do you believe that it is the Catholic Church that Jesus refers to?"

No. Jesus was first of all a devout Jew. Many believe His mission was to renew
his own religion. He can be understood as a holy man, a prophet, sage, in line
with anceint tradition of Judaism. In reading the Gospels it is difficult to identify
the words of Jesus from those of the Church. The New Testament is a product of the
Church. There was a worshiping community, the celebration of the Eucharist, an oral
tradition, long before the writing of the Gospels. However, this community did eventually
evolve into the catholic (universal) church.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rileyw

Of course that's what I believe. What other Church would he be referring to?

new topics

top topics

join