It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 More Police officers Shot in Washington State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

2 More Police officers Shot in Washington State

www.komonews.com

EATONVILLE, Wash. -- A Pierce County sheriff's deputy and a sergeant were seriously wounded in a shooting near Eatonville on Monday night.

Sheriff spokesman Ed Troyer said the two were responding to a domestic violence call at a cabin in the 34300 block of Tanwax Court East at the time.

Investigators said a man, his brother and his 15-year-old daughter were at the cabin when some sort of trouble broke out, prompting the call.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
When our two deputies arrived, they were invited in to the house by one of the brothers," Troyer said.

But when officers stepped into the home at approximately 8:48 p.m., a man opened fire from the second floor, Troyer said.

"They were basically ambushed," he said. "The suspect was upstairs and out of view of the deputies."

The gunman fired several rounds, hitting the deputy and the sergeant, who managed to fire back.

The gunman, 35-year-old David Crable, was shot dead, Troyer said. His brother and the killed man's daughter were not hurt. They were both taken into custody for questioning.

I can't release a whole lot more then what is in the news article but I can assure you that one of the officers will live, he sustained wounds to the face but they were not life threatening. The other I have no info on, but will try to keep this updated.

www.komonews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
completel reprint of the article to track any changes in the story(s)..

EATONVILLE, Wash. -- A Pierce County sheriff's deputy and a sergeant were seriously wounded in a shooting near Eatonville on Monday night.

Sheriff spokesman Ed Troyer said the two were responding to a domestic violence call at a cabin in the 34300 block of Tanwax Court East at the time.

Investigators said a man, his brother and his 15-year-old daughter were at the cabin when some sort of trouble broke out, prompting the call.

"When our two deputies arrived, they were invited in to the house by one of the brothers," Troyer said.

But when officers stepped into the home at approximately 8:48 p.m., a man opened fire from the second floor, Troyer said.

"They were basically ambushed," he said. "The suspect was upstairs and out of view of the deputies."

The gunman fired several rounds, hitting the deputy and the sergeant, who managed to fire back.

The gunman, 35-year-old David Crable, was shot dead, Troyer said. His brother and the killed man's daughter were not hurt. They were both taken into custody for questioning.

Investigators said Crable had access to multiple guns, one of which may have been a rifle.

The deputy and the sergeant were flown to area hospitals. The deputy, who was taken to Harborview Medical Center, was shot multiple times and was listed in critical condition. The sergeant, who had been shot once, was flown to Madigan Army Medical Center at Fort Lewis in serious condition.

It is not known why the deputies were targeted in the shooting, and the investigation is ongoing.

Troyer said both of the wounded men are married, and that their family members were being notified.

"Our department is so small we all know everybody. We're rounding up families and kids, and getting them to the hospitals," he said.

The shootings come just weeks after four Lakewood police officers were shot to death at a coffee shop in Parkland, Wash.

Sgt. Mark Renninger, Officer Ronald Owens, Officer Tina Griswold and Officer Greg Richards were killed Nov. 29 by Maurice Clemmons as the four prepared for their morning shifts.

Clemmons was fatally shot by a Seattle police officer two days later.

On Oct. 31, Officer Timothy Brenton was shot to death in Seattle's Central District neighborhood while in his patrol car.

His partner, Britt Sweney, was wounded. Prosecutors have charged Christopher Monfort in the shootings.

Monfort pleaded not guilty to the charges during his first court appearance last week.

"Law enforcement all across the state is hurting right now," Troyer said. "It's going to be really hard to find people to do this job when, though no fault of your own and no matter what kind of training you have, there's people that are out there willing to... just randomly shoot police officers, or walk into a coffee shop or lay in wait in a residence. There's nothing you can do about that."

Investigators from multiple law enforcement agencies have converged on the shooting scene, and officers from several departments are providing assistance to friends and family members of the wounded deputies at the hospitals.
Source

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This ones from the HerladSun
Source

Two police officers shot in Washington
From correspondents in Washington From: NewsCore December 22, 2009 7:26PM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?
TWO US police deputies have been shot in Eatonville, Washington, just three weeks after four officers were gunned down and killed in the same county.

The incident came as the two Pierce County deputies responded to an emergency call at a house south of Puyallup. One of two brothers inside the home is thought to have opened fire, Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer told Q13 Fox.

One brother had allegedly invited the deputies in and then the second opened fire on them from an upstairs room. Both were shot multiple times.

The armed suspect was killed at the scene by one or both of the police officers.

One of the deputies was transported in critical condition to Madigan Hospital and the second was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center, also in critical condition.

At the end of November, four police officers were killed in the same Washington county, in an execution-style ambush at a Tacoma coffee shop.

The prime suspect was identified as Maurice Clemmons, who reportedly had a long criminal history, including five convictions in Arkansas and several charges in Washington.

He was shot dead by police three days later, after going on the run.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
is it 2 days ... or 3 days..

"He was shot dead by police three days later, after going on the run."
"Clemmons was fatally shot by a Seattle police officer two days later"

it's already starting to change.. so much for accurate reporting..

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
And Finally CNN and their ELITE Reporters Finally picked up on the story.. God they suck so bad.

Source

(CNN) -- Two sheriff's deputies were shot and critically injured Monday night in the same Washington state county where four officers were killed last month, authorities said.

Two Pierce County sheriff's deputies were shot while responding to a domestic violence incident at home near the town of Eatonville, south of Seattle, said Hunter George, a spokesman for the county.

The incident involved two brothers and a young woman, said Det. Ed Troyer of the Pierce County Sheriff's Department.

One of the men invited the officers inside the house, while the other man went upstairs. He returned with a weapon and opened fire on the deputies, striking them multiple times, Troyer said.

Local coverage from CNN affiliate KIRO

The deputies returned fire, killing the alleged shooter, Troyer said.

"There were a lot of rounds fired," according to Troyer.

Both deputies were rushed to nearby hospitals and were in critical condition, Troyer said.

This incident comes in the aftermath of the killings of four police officers.

On November 29, four officers from Lakewood, Washington, were killed in an ambush-style shooting at a coffee shop. The suspect in that attack was shot and killed by police after a two-day manhunt.

Troyer said it was "surreal" to be responding to another shooting that involved officers. His department has led the investigation into the shooting of the four Lakewood officers.

It was unbelievable that this could happen again, Troyer said

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I feel terribly for the officers families.Whats going on in Wa.lately?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

I can assure you that this area has ALWAYS been horrible. Just seems lately the police are starting to get taken out. If you ever watch COPS look at the city's they film in. Pierce County, Tacoma, Lakewood, Lacey, Olympia, All those citys are right next to each other, with Ft Lewis, and McChord AFB right in the epicenter. No thats not a stab at the military I don't think the military has anything to do with any of this, these areas are just horrible. (eatonville is in that area aswell)

I live in one of the above mentioned cities and I DO NOT leave my house without a gun. Never have, Never Will.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Its been a bad year to be a police officer thats for sure...
I dont see the reasoning in shooting a police officer there only here to protect and serve...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Seattle and I believe other areas of Washington have been pushing for gun bans.

Convenient their cops start getting shot.

How to you get a state full of hunters and sportsmen to back bannng their own tools? Start killing the local "hero."

That'll work depending on which area of Washington. Most o he Western and Northern part of the state would just assume all the cops die than give up their freedom.

Another state that's too big forits own good.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't know but im pritty sure the convict that killed the four officers earlier wasn't concerned about his gun rights laws.

As for this incident I have read the police report and the statment from one of the officers. Judging from the information that has been released so far I am 99.9% sure that gun law rights wern't the reason for this attack either. Spread your anti police propaganda elsewhere please.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

I don think you understood my post. Maybe give it another read? Slower this time?

Regardless, from a Seattle paper today:

According to Washington Ceasefire, these weapons, which have high-capacity magazines capable of holding more than 100 rounds of ammunition, are designed so that relatively unskilled soldiers can inflict maximum casualties despite their poor marksmanship. In addition, an FBI study of six major metropolitan areas found that between 1999 – 2003 twenty-one percent of police killed in the line of duty, were killed with these types of weapons.

www.seattlemedium.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

How to you get a state full of hunters and sportsmen to back bannng their own tools? Start killing the local "hero."

Yup read it again, and still say this shooting and the last one is not a result of this.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

They would back a ban to save their police. Get it?

While the thugs run wild and perform the task at hand, drumming up support by running wild, the sportsmen would come, theoretically anyway, to the rescue by laying down their "2nd Amendment" to theoretically save the police.

Like how do you get the moms to back a ban? Shoot a child.

I really cant make it any clearer.

I do take solace in the fact that though you may not "get it" there are others who will.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You are correct I didn't understand your point but now I do. Interesting way to put it but I see now.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Just got an update on the second officer he is in Stable but critical condition. I have no idea what that means but thats what is being sent around here. Ill keep posting what I can.

Edit: I can't read what I just posted without loling. Not to take away from the situation but wouldn't a stable critical condition still be a bad thing? Someone is Stably Critical? wtf?

[edit on 22-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

You can be "stable" and still be at death's door. Just means bleeding is controlled and vitals aren't fluctuating.

Often burn victims lay "stable" for days before succumbing to their wounds.

Stable is good but it's no promise of recovery.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUltimatum

Going by the news reports, videos posted by victims of Police Brutality, Your assumptions thatt all police officers are there to serrve the public is wrong. Some are there just to carry out thier own justice, and they have killed innocent people as a result.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Gah thats a harsh post but I won't denie it. I would however say that it is a very small percentage though that have those poor morals. Many serve the public but only the black eyes on the departments get broadcasted on the evening news. Just take that into consideration.

Whats sad is these two officers were responding to a Domestic violence call. They were attempting to stop somone from getting hurt, and in turn were hurt.

The scariest thing though is put yourself in their shoes. Your a police officer on routine patrol and you get a call about a domestic violence in progress. You respond to the residence and are greeted at the front door, then welcomed in. As soon as you enter what seems to be a routine domestic response, a gunman appears from the top of the stairs and starts unloading rounds at you and your partner.

This is a nightmare for any police officer. I feel very bad for them and thier families.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Ahh ok thanks for the clearification. Your ability to simplify things for me is astounding lmao.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join