It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxpayers to help with the rent at Goldman's new office tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Taxpayers to help with the rent at Goldman's new office tower

rawstory.com

the city and state threw gave the construction project an additional $66 million in benefits. And the investment bank was also allowed to sell tax-free some $1.6 billion of Liberty Bonds -- bonds created to fund the effort to rebuild lower Manhattan. That allowed Goldman Sachs to avoid taking out a commercial loan for that amount of money, saving it an additional $175 million over 30 years, according to the Bloomberg report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So here it is again, the giant corp who pays hundreds of millions to its top people are again sucking the milk from the little people who work and pay taxes. If any one is wondering I saw nothing in this article about Goldmans have to or agreeing to pay back any of this money or credits they are getting to build this new office building. It also goes on to say they will not be paying rent to the city, that is another one hundred sixty one million a year.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
How nice for them.
I hope a plane flies into it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Thanks for posting.
I will not wish for violence like that on any one. I will wish for more wisdom in the government. The deals for that kind of money should have never happened. I like to think that those stuffing the pockets will get there karma at some point, but that does nothing for the honest people now.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah, that's what I meant to say... okay, maybe not, but somewhere in between for sure.
Mostly I do console myself that someday there will be retribution. Afterlife is probably the best I can hope, but I would be happier if there were justice in this world.
My apologies for the vulgar comment.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I would like to see justice in this world also. There have been events in the past in favor of the masses. The labor movement for example. I also posted a thread on possible unrest in China. Twenty years ago protests in China made a big change in that country. I would like to see change come with something happening on that grand a scale.
If you want to see the other thread here is the link.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Maybe its just my mood today but I don't think I'd feel to bad to hear every one at Goldman was dead. That said violence only cuts the weed but does not eradicate it. Really what would be ideal is everyone on the planet all agreeing that a dollar is worth a trillion and refusing, together, to accept the central banks definition of a dollar. Money is only as valuable as we all agree it is. If we refuse to accept their definition what can they do?

Immortal Technique said:

"Without the workhorses, your nothing but a good idea."

we want change? Then we have to make it starting with ourselves. Theres fewer of them and none of them provide an essential service to mankind so why let them have their way with our sweat and effort?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

The main thing that I agree with you on is that the rich need the workers. Or to put it another way the rich need the poor. Some don't necessarily relise that, I however think most do. I also think that the powers that be also relise that they need to keep the poor, poor.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There are not many people that actually want violence, however, if this keeps up and deals like this continue to be made. On top of who knows what, then many people are going to start treating these "people" (if you want to call them that) in the same demeanor as they treat everyone of us.

Though it won't be pretty. I wouldn't shed a tear, either, to be honest. We're not talking simple economic corruption, folks. In order to continue with the corruption, there needed to be compromises, sacrifices and very unsettling, disturbing choices in order for everything to work. You think they've never used violence, coercion and sinister plans? Companies like this do not sit with the government for as long as they have for simply being "successful". No, it takes quite a bit more to be in long-term intimate relationship with Washington these days... A lot more.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Violence is never a pretty thing, but when yuor pinned agasint the wall, what are you too do, jsut like now. I am shocked and angry at this news. And obama had the nerve to say we cant throw around money like monopoloymoney???? look at whats going on here, tax money no less $66 million if i read correctly. is this why taxes are being raised? to feed the rich neanderthals houses and places? that is ILLEGAL
screw it..its public money, and ide fel i am entiteld BY law to own a part of that buiolding...thas where the violence becomes fun
apray paint to rocks to moltov cocktails...we bought it, so to speak i'll do what i want with it*

top topics

join