It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the winner of 'The Biggest Lie of the Year Award' is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The envelope, please...

Former Governor Sarah Palin for her 'death panels' claim. Swallowed hook-line-and-sinker by a gaggle of ATSers.

Telegraph article

This is impressive as 2009 was a bumper year for lies. It had to be a real challenge to pick just one.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I would say thats just because we have the net, and can alot more easily check untruths.

Also the media are picking up on more of these as people on net pick them out as media want to keep there base.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My pick was society in general.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I'm so proud! I just KNEW she could do it!
Way to go Sarah!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

How about you take a step towards a little intellectual honesty. The fact of the matter is that there will be defacto death panels due to the supply and demand of specific types of treatment. It is a matter of course based on two factors

1. there is an insufficient number of doctors to treat the additional people they plan to add to the health insurance roles. That by definition will mean that access to a doctor will be lengthened. The end result will be folks being denied treatment.

2. there is an insufficient supply of technical medical equipment for the seriously ill. Not enough ICU beds, for example. While you may not have a panel which says "Joey's got to die", you will have a situation where Joey will not be placed in an ICU bed, but rather in a regular hospital room (or in the hallway of the hospital if it gets like the UK). Joey will die because he is getting insufficient and face it. Someone is going to make that decision based on the circumstances surrounding Joey's health.

Eric Holderern, the Science Czar has argued for 20 years that health care should be be denied folks with certain conditions as do many other leftists such as Robert Reich.

Palin was right. Is there language in the bill that creates death panels? No, of course there isn't. Will the current bill ultimately create a situation where a defacto entity which operates in the same manner as a death panel exist? Of course it does.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

My pick was 98% of the politicians that we so kindly elect.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sarah Palin might have chosen a better word for her description, but if you think she was lying, you're naive.

You can pick your own term for what will happen when government bean-counters start deciding who gets what care, but when that time comes, "death-panel" will probably suit those who will be directly affected.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
She should also be awarded biggest quitter award. She quit like 3 times so far.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Barack Hussein Obama. Notable runners up Ben Bernanke,Joe Biden and everyone of Obama's staff and the whole group of Congress.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

My pick was 98% of the politicians that we so kindly elect.

MessOnTheFED!

That one gets my vote as well.

I am not seeing any of the much hyped "CHANGE"

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

There is plenty of CHANGE going on. It just isn't what you thought Obama promised you.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Sarah Palin might have chosen a better word for her description, but if you think she was lying, you're naive.

You can pick your own term for what will happen when government bean-counters start deciding who gets what care, but when that time comes, "death-panel" will probably suit those who will be directly affected.

ITS A LIE

Medicare is executed by PALMETTO gba

www.palmettogba.com...

IT IS A PRIVATE entity, THEY are the ones who decide upon claims sir not the FED...

Palin's lie is so good you guys run with it blindly

Once again the only example of Publicly funded healthcare we have is NOT "RUN" by the FED, it is FUNDED by the FED with public money, big difference.

BTW do you have medicare???

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I throw a vote for the Nobel committee. Since giving a "peace prize" to someone that shortly after increased troops for a "illegal" war.
Or maybe Al Gore and the rest of the Global Warming crew, for fooling the masses who want to think they can save the world!!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

There is plenty of CHANGE going on. It just isn't what you thought Obama promised you.

Hmmm

To start with, I was promised transparency . . .

I do not think he promised that. I know for a fact that he did.

link   
In light of your thoughts I thought you might like this thread.

Truth : The First Victim, The Last to Be Un-Buried, Never to Rest...

Truth is based upon perception, conflict arises because of that, and the outcome is dictated by the person who is most willing to fight for their version of the truth.

link   

It's a cop-out when Time magazine does it, and it's a cop-out when you do it, too. You gotta pick -someone- specific.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Can I chose the global economy?
If not, I'll second Hangedman13's bid for the Nobel.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think it's already a given that the people who will benefit from it the most usually get the highest quality care.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Lie of the year:
Barack Obama....January 23rd 2009...."Club Gitmo will be closed within a year."

That is a definate, absolute undeniable lie.....unlike the Sarah Palin Death Panel comment which actually has some merit.

top topics

join