It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Quotients

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Many people here on ATS claim a high superior I.Q. Undoubtedly, I believe people who are avid ATSer’s do in fact have higher intelligence; as most of us are answer seekers and people who question the status quo. I’ve been blown away from the skull scratching posts/threads that some people have contributed.

What do you think the average IQ of an ATS user is? Here is the general breakdown of the I.Q. chart:

Descriptive Classifications of Intelligence Quotients

IQ Description % of Population
130+ Very superior 2.2%
120-129 Superior 6.7%
110-119 High average 16.1%
90-109 Average 50%
80-89 Low average 16.1%
70-79 Borderline 6.7%
Below 70 Extremely low 2.2%

Only 25% of the population has an above average I.Q. Come on!!!! There has to be some average and below folks here. Seems that everyone has an eight inch penis and a high I.Q. on the internet. Well, that just cannot be true.

Personally, when I tested for vocational training in my young 20’s, I tested at 110. Not a bit ashamed of that number. The test was administered by the V.A., but I am not sure which test they used. However, over the years I’ve taken many more and my test scores improved. Did I simply become used to the testing administration or do we continue to develop our intelligence as we age?

What is your honest I.Q on a strictly designed test? There are I.Q. tests that I have taken off the inter-webs and I usually score well above 130. However, I clearly fall short of some of you out there in inter-space.

Please leave out the validity of the testing. Let’s keep this fun and honest. My former brother in law was dumb as a box of rocks in my opinion. When he took a state vocational test he scored in the low 130’s. That blew me away!

[edit on 21-12-2009 by brilab45]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Many people here on ATS claim a high superior I.Q. Undoubtedly, I believe people who are avid ATSer’s do in fact have higher intelligence; as most of us are answer seekers and people who question the status quo. I’ve been blown away from the skull scratching posts/threads that some people have contributed.

What do you think the average IQ of an ATS user is? Here is the general breakdown of the I.Q. chart:

Descriptive Classifications of Intelligence Quotients

IQ Description % of Population
130+ Very superior 2.2%
120-129 Superior 6.7%
90-109 Average 50%
80-89 Low average 16.1%
70-79 Borderline 6.7%

Only 25% of the population has an above average I.Q. Come on!!!! There has to be some average and below folks here. Seems that everyone has an eight inch penis and a high I.Q. on the internet. Well, that just cannot be true.

Personally, when I tested for vocational training in my young 20’s, I tested at 110. Not a bit ashamed of that number. The test was administered by the V.A., but I am not sure which test they used. However, over the years I’ve taken many more and my test scores improved. Did I simply become used to the testing administration or do we continue to develop our intelligence as we age?

What is your honest I.Q on a strictly designed test? There are I.Q. tests that I have taken off the inter-webs and I usually score well above 130. However, I clearly fall short of some of you out there in inter-space.

Please leave out the validity of the testing. Let’s keep this fun and honest. My former brother in law was dumb as a box of rocks in my opinion. When he took a state vocational test he scored in the low 130’s. That blew me away!

'

I took it for school. The counselor administrated it. 136 I think. I made a thread like this a long time ago. Everyone had around the 130s, so I wasn't the only one. Maybe ATS is a drag in for the certain type of people who do really well on IQ tests?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Been a member of Mensa since 1992 - not going to mention my IQ because I actually hate talking about it - seems too pretenious to me!

It should also be noted that Mensa has different scales from country to country despite having culture free testing!

I personally think they are a crock of crap everyone has the same brain pretty much its what you do with it, I had a very poor education BUT i had a thirst for knowledge that has given me a better quality of life than my highschool peers who did academically well and went on to earn a degree (and debt).

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

So far in my life, I have concluded that tests, exams, etc, are just a means for other humans trying to judge other humans.

Since everything is relative per person, there really is no absolute, perfect judgment. Its seems these IQ tests are just another attempt at categorizing certain people who can do well, or preform well on tests.

Or maybe I am bias because I suck at taking tests. I guess I do have to admit there is such a thing as average, but if that average is based off of human judgment, is it in any way valid or justified?

Grant for the moment these IQ tests are valid, I could definitely see how ATS would appeal to other "intelligent minds" and cause us to all converse and brainstorm.

It is fun to think about IQ's when you are average or above; not so fun when you are below, in which case, perhaps I am below. I know I am in reading comprehension according to current statistics. Not so much in math.

Anyway. ttyl

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by brilab45

So far in my life, I have concluded that tests, exams, etc, are just a means for other humans trying to judge other humans.

It is fun to think about IQ's when you are average or above; not so fun when you are below, in which case, perhaps I am below. I know I am in reading comprehension according to current statistics. Not so much in math.

Anyway. ttyl

I totally agree with you. I'm sure (I know) there are many successful wealthy people out there with lower I.Q.'s. These tests do not meaure determination. Again, I'm just trying to keep things light here. Nothing serious.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Intelligence is not determined by a little test.

I have not taken an actual IQ test, but do very well on various ones used to test intelligence.

A smart person will more than likely get an above average score, but IMO anything above doesn't say much.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure about intelligence, but we seem to have many more intuitives and introverts than the norm. Both of these are known to score in the "gifted" bracket to a higher than average degree.

Never taken an official IQ test. Took the ASVAB pretest a year ago. Finished it in under 8 minutes. The recruiters were perplexed, as was I to their reactions. The test was a joke. I scored in the 97th percentile. Have no education passed the 10th grade. School was incredibly boring to me. I've met plenty of people with much better memory integration, and logical analysis. As far as in hand 3D puzzles, and intuitive hunches, I stand as one of the best I've ever met. Take that as you will.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I scored 135 in a test administrated by a social worker. I was twelve.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have a friend who has a disability that equates to him having 2 absolute passions in life.. 1 Anything to do with computers, from programing to building them... and 2 The rug-rats cartoon series.

I guarantee that any question you might ask on iether subject would get you the correct answer.

He also has a grasp of three languages due to watching rug-rats on foreign network TV stations.

He would never score above low on an IQ test, yet is more knowledgeable than me who is schooled to post grad level, on his chosen subjects.

I guess a passion for a subject cant be underestimated and rightly so.

Respects

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I dislike IQ tests because of the section where they ask you "what's the capital of Alabama" or something like that which is entirely dependent on whether or not you've learned it.
My math teacher i school told me my iq wa 140. I don't remember which test in question proved that, but I took a lot of them.
Online IQ tests I'ved scored anywhere from 120-180 sooooo, yeah.
Much more important than IQ in our society is work ethic and the ability to abstain.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've never taken an I.Q. test, however I did get kicked out of a Holiday Inn.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Took a Mensa IQ test when I was about 24 and scored 144, I don't think it means much because I don't think of myself as being that inteligent.
And I'm sure 11 years of alcohol abuse have taken their toll since then lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I've never taken an I.Q. test, however I did get kicked out of a Holiday Inn.

That was funny!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ATS has sharp spiritual minds. The religious people are what I like to coin "off."

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i scored a 137, but was not told about it until i was in my 50's. i think the I.Q. test was designed to measure relational thought processes.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Only 25% of the population has an above average I.Q. Come on!!!!

I guess you would fall below the average line...
look at those numbers again
130+ Very superior 2.2%
120-129 Superior 6.7%
---------------------------------------
above average = 25

90-109 Average 50%

80-89 Low average 16.1%
70-79 Borderline 6.7%
---------------------------------------
below average =25

16.1, 6.7 and 2.2 are the same for the above and below. so only 25%
of people have a below average IQ.
Your IQ and average IQ depends on the test you are taking some tests cap out at 170 while some have a cap of 155.
Where did you get these numbers anyway?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, considering that the average world IQ is only 85, I'd say anything above that is pretty damn good. I'd have to suppose that most people here, whether they want to admit it, probably fall within the "average" spectrum.

I think most people who claim a "genius"or near "genius" IQ tend to be kidding only themself.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, considering that the average world IQ is only 85, I'd say anything above that is pretty damn good. I'd have to suppose that most people here, whether they want to admit it, probably fall within the "average" spectrum.

I think most people who claim a "genius"or near "genius" IQ tend to be kidding only themself.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

Wow, I did not research the world average I.Q. Thanks, I will look into that further. I agree with a few other posters that most humans are equal on some level with the exception of those that are unfortunate to be born a little more challenged or accident/disease victims.

Truly, this post is not serious. Just merely something to reflect upon. Anyone can google the numbers I quoted and you will find them accurate. However, I am humbled by many of the folks that post here. It's probably the best place on the net to find extraordinarily cognitive minds.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
For the one person who was trying to humiliate me on this thread; all I have to say is that I am what I am. No shame.

Worked in the nuclear field for a while with my low 110 I.Q.

What have you done with your superior attitude (< I.Q.)?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Okay i think many people here need to go back and relearn some grade school math and how to calculate an average. As long as you have an average you will have people above and below the average level. And the amount of people above and below the average will normally turn out to be the same.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join