It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Speech from an Iraqi War Veteran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

Im really hoping were not fixing to be at war with Yemen after the cruise missile ordeal

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Not about me all about you.......dude.

Cute characters,childlike but intereting.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Chill out slick,you twisted everything I said,to say anything more would bring me down to your level.

Huffington Post reference says it all.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Battleline]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This Soldier has some great ideas, but there are real foreign enemies in the world that want to massacre United States citizens.

Government law enforcement and politicians are charged with handling internal threats. If the Soldier feels that he can assist with internal threats, he should become a police man, politician, or federal agent. They try to disrupt white collar criminals every day.

His speech is motivating. We have yet to witness his actions.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ironspy

Wish that was the case but after he spoke up they destroyed his career for life thats the sad thing about it.

Merry Christmas All

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I wish my Batterty was as awake as this person. $&F for realism.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Dude, he is talking about you, gunner.

Put down the gun and be a REAL hero.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Well thank you!

this is a true brave soldier!
nope, never seen this on TV, offcourse... But hey, I know where I'm right now
thinking of Johnny Anonymous' quote

Y'all have a great merry christmas n bizarrely wonderful 2010
I'm off rolling the holy vegetables

x

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironspy
This Soldier has some great ideas, but there are real foreign enemies in the world that want to massacre United States citizens.
((snip))

Foreign enemies = the boogie-man for adults. When I was a kid it was the evil commie reds, we were trained to dive under our desks when the teacher barked "FLASH FLASH FLASH".. OMG it's a commie nuke!!

Today it's the so called 'terrorists' (yawn)

Nobody wants to kill you... unless you personally traversed the world creating enemies... like our govt has. It's not human nature to hate on strangers for peacefully minding their own business.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Has it occured to anyone that soldiers get paid?It is the dollar and the forced dependance on an illusionary money system the only real quantifiable feature of which is our actual real time and effort spent doing labor that he is talking about.There is no justifiable cause to fight for anymore in this world that isnt global in scale and intent.Western democracy makes itself null and void by the very definition of democracy itself,in todays global reality there can only be a global democracy,nothing else can fit the definition.America is already looking lost,Russia saw the future a little clearer and released their people from communisms bondage,I wouldnt be surprised if china is next for the same reason,there is really no other alternative.

The soldiers live in a world where they are informed and educated,they know the dollar amounts involved in every step of the way in the war and they know how much good those trillions would do in humanitarian aid,which is co-incidentally what many soldiers end up providing in this so called war.Its not the soldiers faults they are educated and informed.Blame the internet because every other soldier in every other country is getting educated as well,what do you think the future holds?one day two soldiers will talk to a third and a fourth from other countries and they will all agree that if there was a global power they would all support it and BANG you have a revolution and history takes a turn.Maybe this is the only way.

But one way or another a global democracy is coming and it is coming faster that we think.a global standard of living for every human on the planet with that goal being the driving force for the entire planets cumulative economy.Why have hundreds of armies to protect humans from each other when we could EMPLOY hundreds of armies to help create global humanitarien equity.That is what these guys are trying to tell us,and they will always defend and support their incredible sacrifices that they make on behalf of us the people demanding that they die for us.We are the blade of the sword the soldiers are only the steel,we are the edge that kills they are not,they are the messengers not the source,WE ARE THE SOURCE,our hands are bloodier than any soldiers from any country.Because we are the cutting edge of the blade,our wants and needs the motivating factors.Our manmade religons our moral armour,protecting us from our natural aversion to killing each other,it isnt natural to kill another human being,it takes religon to make it possibly acceptable on any level other than cannabalism.And religon even tries to tell us that cnnabalism which is natural is in fact wrong,what crap.Distasteful but not wrong ,a bloody murdering crusade is wrong my friends and we know who started those right.Without divine forgiveness from one god or another people wouldnt kill each other in wars,and we surely wouldnt cannabalise ourselves out of existance.

The only option left is to simply help each other learn to stop killing other humans through the formation of and support of a global democracy,equal rights on a global scale,I say we just crunch the numbers and see how many soldiers put us over the edge and take an internet vote,every army every country,all supported by U.N command and infrastructure,a secret treaty signed by enough countries that nuclear war would not be an option not even for america.No one can fight a global force and that is excatly why this is the only possible future for humanity to have.

Who will support Americas claims to have a right to defend a regional democracy if they wont let the whole world join the with equal benefit.

A global democracy is the only option and I doubt America will have a choice and if she doesnt hurry up and join the main planners America may not have much say in the design and implementation either.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We men of peace
work everyday
We have no quarrel
We're taken away

To be destroyed
we're put at range
against the other
Cobbler vs. cobbler

Masters of Men orchestrate these
gears set apart without consent
Point the way we point the gun
The Dogs of War are profitin'

Hear this lie before you die
The menace lies on the other side
A whistle is found and blown.
A wall of names is etched in stone.
Across no man's land is home.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
[edit on 26-12-2009 by coverfirehero]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There is only one forum available where the entire planet can come together and communicate their true wishes without fear of reprisal from someone somewhere.It is the internet,and it is only through the act of shareing accurate real time information the humanity can rid itself of the tyrants running the planet.

I wonder if soldiers talk to each other on the internet and discuss what they really feel about killing each other from an anonymous standpoint.

I wonder if the global reality mankind is facing as a whole has become more important than fighting small battles against people we really want to help.We are educated in real time today via the internet and this means that as your buddy is typing in fire co-oordinates for a target you are on google earth making sure no one is there to prevent collateral damage.We can see the immediate results or our actions in real time now,it was the lag time that was used to manipulate us in the past and still is used in places where there is no internet acess to real time information,you want to change the world then make the internet available globally and for free right after we feed everyone properly.

Soldier will alway be held above judgement due to the nature of their committment to the people they represent,if they dont truly believe that they are being sent to represent the people but that there is a division between the wishes of the people created by political powers that allow the Military to act arbitrarily independant of the peoples direct wishes,then at the earliest morally acceptable and legally acceptable time they should change their life direction and find a non-military career,if you dont believe in what you are doing then you are a mercenary,maybe sanctioned by a government but still a mercanary in spirit.Define what you believe,decide who you want to be ,and dictate to the world the path you have chosen,but never sacrifice yourself for a cause for profit.

The soldiers who have given their lives in the past and those who fight today,are either heros or victims,heros if they believed in what they die for and victems if they died without the moral conviction that they were truly and accurately representing the people.

It is becoming more and more obvious that the global consensus is that the only thing worth fighting for is humanity itself,we are aware of the human condition globally now and cannot be blindfolded by the powers the used to be which is what we can call them now.

Humans are all concerned about each other worldwide and as soon as people are fed and educated wars stop AND WE KNOW IT NOW ---ALL OF US KNOW IT.

Thank you to every soldier who has represented the people ,and I am sorry to all that have followed less than a moral,true,and informed path to sacrifice on behalf of powers that exist and work independantly of the people.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Dude, he is talking about you, gunner.

Put down the gun and be a REAL hero.

yeah and while we are at it lets just get rid of the army, close all of the bases, get rid of all techology and instead build lodge cabins and then sing around a tree.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
great speech, its exactly right... im gonna post this video on my myspace. star and flag

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Jam --

You are absolutely right, they did indeed volunteer for this and it is their duty to do what they are commanded to do. Human beings have a conscience though and know when they are doing something wrong. Is it too much to wrap your mind around the fact that when he sign up he wasn't aware of the "truth" of what was going on until he was there? He did not signed up to guard oil pipes in Iraq. And yes, that is what we are doing. I can't tell you how many of my friends are in the ARMY and MARINES that tell me that is what they are out there doing. Someday everyone will be able to see reality for what it is, together. Rather than these mindless comments.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The video is inspirational but lacks any real content.

It is easy to point the finger at those you do not supposedly like.

Just like the government wants you to dislike Afghanistan and such, the members here on ATS want you to hate the banks/insurance companies/government.

There are legitimate reasons to like banks/insurance companies/governments, and legitimate reasons to hate them.

Government is necessary. Armies are necessary. Banks are helpful (not necessary, but they are HUGE economy boosters whether you like it or not), insurance companies are very helpful (even though they need to be non-profit/government run here in the U.S I feel).

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

They try to keep their business running throughout the tough times as best and profitable as they can (because a business is all about profit),

This is exactly why a corporation should not be treated like a citizen under the law. They aren't human beings and shouldn't be treated like it. They should be taxed like the wh0res that they are.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Flag for your thread.

My belief is that these wars are getting us nowhere. The guys in the video have every right to speak out as to what they believe. But I will go on record that I don't share everything they have to say.

I feel the military is the one that gets beat down every time video like these pop up. Not the people making the decisions. For the most part, the people in command are too busy playing golf, wining and dining, and playing politics while are brave men and women put their life on the line in some wars that basically have vague missions.

How do you win the war on terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan when terrorist exist all over the world?

IMO, it is time to let the dogs out. Time to release the intelligence community and let them do their thing. Is there a risk of another case of torture and abuse? I would be a fool to say it won't happen.

But do you honestly believe that all the other intel agencies don't torture and abuse people in accomplishing their mission.

Torture and abuse has always been a part of the game and I am sure that the bad guys are well aware of this.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by winston37

Originally posted by DaRAGE

They try to keep their business running throughout the tough times as best and profitable as they can (because a business is all about profit),

This is exactly why a corporation should not be treated like a citizen under the law. They aren't human beings and shouldn't be treated like it. They should be taxed like the wh0res that they are.

Someone has been reading - well done mate. The comment about being treated as a human shows some real insight - lacking around here.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join